What was your first Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

My first one was a Native Lightweight followed by a Delica all stainless both plain edge
coonan

Post by coonan »

My first a ser. 440 v millitary
jeru

Post by jeru »

A C36GPE S30V Spyderco Military. This was also my first one-hand opening folder and only my second knife (after a Victorinox Waiter) that I bought as an adult. It started my knife sickness. Unfortunately though no other knife bought after that could ever please me as much as a Millie, nor kick it out of my right back pocket. Sold most of my folders because of that.
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

Delica 3
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

A Centofante 3
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Sully

Post by Sully »

Delica4. When I decided to send it in for sharpening.....well, my entire verbose story is in my "Thanks to YOU:....." post. This thread is fun reading/viewing, especially for someone just really starting out.
“Damned infernal gizmo. My kingdom for a left-handed can opener!" — Mr. Burns, The Simpsons

Thank you, Mr. Sal Glesser ... and Mrs. Gail Glesser![/b][/color]
Dukat

Post by Dukat »

Received my first Spyderco last week. Paramilitary 2, black/black!

The pivot is starting to break in nicely.
Spent 4 days sharpening and polishing. I planned to do a 32 degree inclusive edge but accidentally did 38. Glad I made the mistake. It's razor sharp at 38 and likely quite a bit more durable than had I done 30 or 32.

Liking the para 2 more every time I pick it up.

Cut Test Video
Click here

Cameron

Post by Cameron »

My first was one of their knives that had a Spyder's web cut into the blade I have no recollection of how I got it or where it went...

Then I got:
Endura stainless
Yojimbo blue
Ronin (present for father-in-law)
Dodo blue (for wife)
Yojimbo black (present for brother)
Native lightweight (present for employee)
Manix 2
Yojimbo 2 (present for brother)
Manix 2 XL (present for brother)
Manix 2 XL DLC
Native lightweight pink (for wife)
Yojimbo 2

In the next two days I have arriving:
Manix 2 XHP Sprint
Manix 2 DLC FFG
Manix 2 lightweight blue
Para-military 2
Assist
Temperance 2

So I more than doubled my Spyders in two weeks....
Bradley Folder 2 CPM M4
Military ​​​CTS XHP​ - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​
Para Military 2CTS​ XHP - CTS 204P
Manix 2 CTS XHP - CPM​ ​Cru​-​wear​ - CPM​ M4
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

My first was the Q. Bought it in 1997. It "disappeared" one day in '99 but I finally reacquired one a few years back.

-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
grg

Post by grg »

Black G 10 rookie with ats 55 steel.
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

My first spyderco ever was a yellow h1 ladybug that I lost withina month :/. After that I purchased a tenacious and the USn Catcherman. I still own the Catcherman.

~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
JBE

Post by JBE »

My first was a SE Delica with an integral clip and an AUS-8 blade that I bought around '95-'96.
Jason
tlo14290

Post by tlo14290 »

Manix 2 XL last December, liked it so much I got the new FFG Manix 2 a few weeks later, then a purple Ladybug for my wife and a G10 Dragonfly for me, then a Centofante 3 and one of the new Spyderedge kitchen knives, then a purple Delica for her and a pm2 for me. Just ordered a super blue Delica.

My, it's only March! Have I been bitten by the Spyder Bug? (There was a Robin 2 in there somewhere).

Oh, yeah. Got a sharpmaker pretty quick, too. Also the diamond and uf rods. Got used to it real quick, and now have razor sharp knives everywhere.

Sure do like that PM2... :)
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

1992 Endura lightweight serrated than PE. Still have the SE one and it's bearing surfaces are broken in like smooth glass.The FRN clip is loose but still there. The knife has many more years of life. Next was a Black bladed Delica about a year later.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Ookami

Post by Ookami »

A full flat-ground G-10 Police in plain edge.

Ookami
"Heavy is reliable." Boris the Blade
polyhexamethyl

Post by polyhexamethyl »

a manix2 in 2008
aogami super blue dragonfly!
demoncase

Post by demoncase »

A good 12 years ago my first Spydie was actually 2 Delicas with the steel clip bought from a close-out deal from Sportsman's Gun Centre. They were £15 each, so I bought a part serrated and a PE VG10/FRN, in case the serrations sucked.

How wrong I was. Still both in the collection, and that part serrated Delica has been to **** and back a pile of times. Still locks up solid too.

After that, things kind of got away from me....
Warhammer 40000 is- basically- Lord Of The Rings on a cocktail of every drug known to man and genuine lunar dust, stuck in a blender with Alien, Mechwarrior, Dune, Starship Troopers, Fahrenheit 451 and Star Wars, bathed in blood, turned up to eleventy billion, set on fire, and catapulted off into space screaming "WAAAGH!" and waving a chainsaw sword- without the happy ending.

https://www.instagram.com/commissarcainscoffeecup/
FinalFrontier

Post by FinalFrontier »

Recently, Delica4. Knife has been my EDC ever since. Just ordered a Manix2 black blade as well.
MachSchnell

Post by MachSchnell »

[deleted]
Last edited by MachSchnell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skywarp

Post by Skywarp »

I had a Buck lockback fishing knife from about 1996 to when I lost it aroung 2008.
When I needed a replacement, I got a Leafstorm then shortly afterwards, an Urban Leaf. I then got bitten and within a year, had a small collection of Spydie sprints. Now I'm down to just 5 but I keep looking for the next one! :)
Urban Leaf, Superblue Delica 4, Leafstorm, Brown XHP Native, Brown Para 2