Favorite Brands other thank Spyderco?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

I LOVE Spyderco and I usually dont want to spend my money on anything else.........................BUT! I do like Kershaw blades. Great value, Great customer service, Good quality (higher end models at least). I actually like Kershaw's warranty and sharpening better than Spyderco. But of course, you cant beat Spyderco quality.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Case XX and I always carry a Canoe, Drop point Russlock, Sway back jack or 087 in my lfp
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Fiddleback forge custom fixed blades. Not much else when it comes to knives. Folders are Spyderco only
Clip

Post by Clip »

I've got a few Spydercos compared to some members here, but also enjoy my set of lefty-specific Sebenzas, Strider SnGs and SJ, and the RAT/ESEEs. However, I'll freely admit that my Spydercos can out-cut all my other knives, usually at less than 25% of the cost :)
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
ChapmanPreferred

Post by ChapmanPreferred »

Leatherman is the only other production tool that has a knife that I carry. Surge with a 24pc bit kit and extra saw blades. Everyday.
SFO Alumni/Authorized Spyderco Dealer (Startup)
Work EDC List
FRP: Nisjin Cricket PE, Manbug PE, Dragonfly PE
FLP: SS Cricket SE, byrd Flatbyrd CE
BRP: CF Military S90V
BLP: Forum S110V Native
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Besides Spyderco, mainly Victorinox. Used to be a fan of Emerson's production folders but the quality is back to what it was in the early days. (And that's not a compliment.) Might pick up a Zero Tolerance model down the road. For small fixed-blades made from old, worn out, files; I like ANZA. (How's that for recycling?)
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
JBE

Post by JBE »

Besides Spyderco, I really only like Victorinox though I have been eyeballing a ZT 566 lately.
Jason
Jeremy_A_Neel

Post by Jeremy_A_Neel »

Spyderco seems to have everyone beat as far as sharpness and edge geometry go, but I really like the ZT 0300BW I got about a month and a half ago.
"If you have a difficult task, give it to a lazy person - they will find an easier way to do it." -Hlade's Law
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

JBE wrote:Besides Spyderco, I really only like Victorinox though I have been eyeballing a ZT 566 lately.
I love mine! At first I had to remove the assist spring to open with the stud, but then I put it back in and just broke it in! It took a while, but now it's a wonderfully sized dual-opening knife for EDC! I've been diversifying lately! My top 3 are spyderco, ZT, and Chris Reeve Knives!
tlo14290

Post by tlo14290 »

Kershaw. Until I met the Spyder, their Avalanche was my all time favorite EDC. The S30V Blur is also nice, and reasonably priced. Now I carry a PM2, and me heart has been stolen away!

My Manix 2 does find its way into that pocket now and again...
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

I like ZT, have a 0350 tiger stripe showing up any day now!!
War is mostly waiting.
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

In post #27 I stated that I own a Benchmade 300-1. Since spending more time with my Domino, I don't really see the point in owning the BM any more. I might end up trading it off on BF. It's sort of bittersweet since I want BM to be there for me due to their location being close to mine. I'm so conflicted. :rolleyes:
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
SkullBouncer

Post by SkullBouncer »

USN Aircrew training in 1st enlistment, 1981 equipped us with Kabar, military combat / survival black blade and handle w/ sheath. Blade was maybe 9". BaliSong 10" 440V w/ brass liners were common, I owned a number of these.
The upper end military FB Gerbers I like, and then the Leatherman Wave I currently EDC is one of the most solidly built, copiously equipped and hefty Leathermans I've yet come across. Hole opening exterior PE and SE blades w/ liner-lock; holes pin- lock when handles are separated and interior opened.

Besides buying a small FB Case which when I was 12 or so that I was very proud of; I have to throw in my original Boy Scouts knife (Imperial).
In HS I carried a large folding Buck.

=================================================

I am absolutely addicted to Spyderco, though; particularly the numerous Chinook I and II lines I own -- but I wouldn't consider it as straying from the fold per se when I go look at supplementation to include certain ZTs & FB Randalls. SFO will be involved in the latter. :D

:spyder: :spyder: Stay Sharp --
-- SB / Bruce :cool: :cool:
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Just picked up an Al Mar mini S.E.R.E. 2000 which I really like. Definitely going to buy some other AM Knives :) .
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Been picking up some Victorinox Swiss Army knives in the off color schemes(other than red). Big fan of Victorinox! :)
muckypops

Post by muckypops »

I am loving the couple of Benchmades I have. That Axis lock is so friggin sweet and their blades are just bad-*** looking.
Military, Paramilitary 2 (green, black/black, black/satin, camo/black, camo/satin), Manix 2 XL, Manix 2 Lightweight, Tenacious (black/black, black/satin), Kiwi 3, Endura 4, Delica 4, a few Kershaws, a few Becker Ka-Bars, a couple of Benchmades and a whole rainbow of Rat 1's and 2's. I like carrying the Rats at work. I rotate my other folders on my days off.
muckypops

Post by muckypops »

eric m. wrote:Been picking up some Victorinox Swiss Army knives in the off color schemes(other than red). Big fan of Victorinox! :)
Me too! Since I got a small Tinker on my key ring I use it all the time. Don't know how I got along without it before.
Military, Paramilitary 2 (green, black/black, black/satin, camo/black, camo/satin), Manix 2 XL, Manix 2 Lightweight, Tenacious (black/black, black/satin), Kiwi 3, Endura 4, Delica 4, a few Kershaws, a few Becker Ka-Bars, a couple of Benchmades and a whole rainbow of Rat 1's and 2's. I like carrying the Rats at work. I rotate my other folders on my days off.