Official Halpern Titanium Mule Team Handle Information

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

HalpernTi wrote:That sounds like a great idea for another option for us down the road. That's the first request so help me out. Anyone else like that idea? I'd like to get a sense of overall interest before we make hundreds of a new option.
Just Micarta and wood or also G10.
We could machine in any of our option 4 colors or materials.

Let me know so I can get them planned for the end of this year.
Marianne Halpern
Pesonally, I'd be most interested in Dymondwood, and more specifically, in their "wood tone" colors and any other that stay within the tan/brown color family.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

Smooth/polished micarta would be great to see. Also more of those thicker option 3 would be good too.
On the hunt for...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Polished G-10 option 4 would be nice too, but given the choice between G-10 and Micarta, I think I would usually choose Micarta.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Since I got in on the MT18 and the forum native a set of option 5 scales to match the forum native would be a dream come true. :-)
HalpernTi

Option 3 mules handles

Post by HalpernTi »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:Smooth/polished micarta would be great to see. Also more of those thicker option 3 would be good too.
We have a few option 3 in stock. Email me through our website and I'll see what we have left.
Marianne Halpern
paladin

Post by paladin »

Dear Marianne,

Is there a chance you guys could craft some Option 5's in the natural or jade G10? I am a fan of the translucent effect of that material and I think seeing the skeletonized tangs of the Mules subtlety showing through would be a neat feature visually. And while I'm making out my personal wish list with you, I prefer the coarse texture like on your Ranger Greens. Yeah, I know you guys aren't Burger King...but if you already got the natural G10 stock laying around...just sayin', lol! Grandad told me the squeaky blade pivot gets the oil, or something like that. :spyder: :D :spyder:
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

paladin wrote:Dear Marianne,

Is there a chance you guys could craft some Option 5's in the natural or jade G10? I am a fan of the translucent effect of that material and I think seeing the skeletonized tangs of the Mules subtlety showing through would be a neat feature visually. And while I'm making out my personal wish list with you, I prefer the coarse texture like on your Ranger Greens. Yeah, I know you guys aren't Burger King...but if you already got the natural G10 stock laying around...just sayin', lol! Grandad told me the squeaky blade pivot gets the oil, or something like that. :spyder: :D :spyder:
Yes, I was hoping for the same thing. I'd like to see Option 5 in Jade G10. Good call.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
HalpernTi

Post by HalpernTi »

Your grandfather is a wise man. We started 4 years ago and have grown our options from ideas within our shop and Spyderco customers. In a month we will be adding option 5 OD Micarta, heritage brown and cocobolo dymondwood and a return of option 4 black and blue alternating layers.
The Swick addition was a request from Spyderco and the 4 color options came from the forum suggestions.
Right now I only have 125-.140 but it doesn't have a texture . I think a flat slab would be too slippery.
Dud you know the Camo is made on natural G10. It's a layer of Camo cloth pressed with the g10. I wouldn't recommend trying to get it off, just a FYI.
I'll keep the idea of natural option 5 in mind.
You also like coarse- we don't have much coarse in stock. Time to finish packing for IWA
Marianne
paladin

Post by paladin »

Thanks for the timely reply Marianne!

I have sanded off the camo effect on a Camo Military with great results ( with respirator, of course ). I considered this with your product, however I think it would make the stock too thin for my usage.

I know you will keep my request in mind. You are sure to sell at least one pair, or two, to me & hiredgun. :p
HalpernTi

Post by HalpernTi »

I did more than keep it in mind. My machinist has a list of mules to make while I'm in Germany. I added 2 sheets of non-textured natural G10 to his list.
It's .125 or .140" and we'll see what happens. I am not sure if I am going to add it to the website, but you can submit a request to me through the website and I will sell it to you directly.

Your grandfather would be proud.

Marianne
paladin

Post by paladin »

Now that's what I call customer service folks! If it happens, I will post the pics!!! :spyder: :D :spyder:
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

HalpernTi wrote:I did more than keep it in mind. My machinist has a list of mules to make while I'm in Germany. I added 2 sheets of non-textured natural G10 to his list.
It's .125 or .140" and we'll see what happens. I am not sure if I am going to add it to the website, but you can submit a request to me through the website and I will sell it to you directly.

Your grandfather would be proud.

Marianne
Awesome Marianne! May I put in a request with paladin? Safe travels to IWA.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
bearfacedkiller

Post by bearfacedkiller »

Another satisfied customer.

Fast shipping and a quality product.

dsvirsky

Post by dsvirsky »

Got my Swick scales, yesterday. They're very nice. Unfortunately (my bad), I didn't realize how much difference there is between my sprint run Swick and the current version. Still love the scales, just need to figure out how to fill in the gap along the forward finger groove. Maybe some JB Weld?
bchan

Post by bchan »

Hello all, may I know what is the normal delivery time for the mule handles? I ordered several pieces on the 2nd and have only received a receipt of the order. Sorry if this had been covered already, I come to this thread late. Thanks.
HalpernTi

Post by HalpernTi »

bchan wrote:Hello all, may I know what is the normal delivery time for the mule handles? I ordered several pieces on the 2nd and have only received a receipt of the order. Sorry if this had been covered already, I come to this thread late. Thanks.
Please resend your order to me directly mh@halperntitanium.com
Because we shipped all orders received before my travel to Europe. If you didn't get a tracking notice when it shipped, I didn't have your order. The shopping cart is new for us and this sounds like an order was forwarded to me bit in my rush to get everything out, you got missed.
I'm back on the 17th but I have remote to my office computer and try to find out what happened. Please follow up this discussion through my direct email. Thanks
Marianne Halpern
HalpernTi

Post by HalpernTi »

We are back from a great trip to IWA in Germany and a few extra days in Poland.

All mule handle orders have been shipped and we are ready for more! In 2-3 weeks our shopping cart will include a few new offerings: Cocobolo Dymondwood, heritage Brown Dymondwood, black/ royal blue G10 Option 4, OD green Option 5.
Paladin will be getting some special Option 5 Natural G10 handles this week.
This option might not make the shopping cart but we are machining 12 sets. Let me know what you think.
Thanks for all the positive comments about our products. I even saw a photo of 15 mule blades with 15 different Halpern handles. He doesn't even work for us- much appreciated.
Marianne
paladin

The Nature Boy

Post by paladin »

got my Natural G10 Mule Team Scales from Marianne today...couldn't wait to outfit them...
The S110V Mule (MT18) is a hair under 3 mm according to my calipers, I know...it didn't happen if there aren't pics...
here it is for us who use the English System of Measurement...
Next we have the thickness of Halpern's Natural G10 in inches, ( coincidentally, almost identical to the MT18's tang ) Marianne's machinists ground these extra thin for me!!!
Last, but certainly not least--an X-RAY exposure showing a "Mule Skeleton!" Thanks Marianne and everyone at Halpern Ti for making such a fine American product!!!
jvarn81

Post by jvarn81 »

HalpernTi wrote: In a month we will be adding option 5 OD Micarta,
Marianne
Can't wait!!! Will be on the next mule!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

paladin wrote:got my Natural G10 Mule Team Scales from Marianne today...couldn't wait to outfit them...

[....]

Last, but certainly not least--an X-RAY exposure showing a "Mule Skeleton!" Thanks Marianne and everyone at Halpern Ti for making such a fine American product!!!

Nice work, paladin and Marianne!
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.