Different clips on Dragonfly 2?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyderHS08

Different clips on Dragonfly 2?

Post by spyderHS08 »

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has installed a different wire clip on their dragonfly 2? Such as a dodo clip, ukpk, sage, spyderfly etc etc? If so how's it look and carry? I just would like more clip as mine will be riding at about 7 o'clock iwb and the more clip the more secure (I think anyway lol :) )

Thanks!
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

spyderHS08 wrote:Hey guys,

I was just wondering if anyone has installed a different wire clip on their dragonfly 2? Such as a dodo clip, ukpk, sage, spyderfly etc etc? If so how's it look and carry? I just would like more clip as mine will be riding at about 7 o'clock iwb and the more clip the more secure (I think anyway lol :) )

Thanks!
I think the diameter is the same (or very similar). I was actually wanting to swap the clip from my Dragonfly into my Caly. I could let you know the outcome tonight.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Holland

Post by Holland »

I believe they are interchangeable
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
LC Kid

Post by LC Kid »

Hi Mr spiderHS08!

Actually I've done exactly the opposite.
:rolleyes:

I ordered a couple of D'Fly Clips from Golden to put em on my Sages, 1 and 2.

They're just perfect with the shorter Clip.
:)
Stay Sharp!
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

I assumed they were interchangeable but just hadn't seen pictures with a longer clip on a d'fly before so I was curious. So pictures are appreciated!
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Invective

Post by Invective »

xceptnl wrote:I think the diameter is the same (or very similar). I was actually wanting to swap the clip from my Dragonfly into my Caly. I could let you know the outcome tonight.
I swapped my D'fly and Caly clips before. I like the Caly with the shorter clip, and had no problems with it at all. The Caly clip on the Dragonfly though was a bit annoying. The clips swapped over no problem either, the Dragonfly clip was a bit tight on the Caly but just by tightening down the screw it slid the clip into place and it's been solid ever since.
Cereal_killer

Post by Cereal_killer »

Sort'a off topic but I put a spare dfly clip on my small Sebenza CF.

Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Here you go spyderHS08. I was curious about changing the clips as well.

I'm trying out the Caly in pocket right now. I am liking it so far.

The Dragonfly carries fine with the large clip as well. :)
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

Perfect comparison, thank you! I may have to do some swapping once mine comes in. Couldn't stand the wait on the superblue so I've got an H1 d'fly coming in the mean time lol. Thanks again, and I really like the way the caly looks with the short clip too.
39 & counting...

Dodo!
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Happy to help. :)

-Matt
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

It is the way the knives in the picture are oriented or is the handle of the Caly only slight longer than the DF for such a larger blade of the Caly?
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

It's sort of a mind trick. The handle of the Caly 3.5 is over an inch longer.

-Matt