Curious What Fellow Spydie Fans Have Tastes In Guns/ Carry

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Ruger has them all beat on the scope mounting system and I would probably buy a Ruger rifle just for the integral bases and furnished rings just to solve the scope mounting delima.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Officer Gigglez wrote:Just picked up a Ruger Mini 14 Ranch today, looks like is may be an early 90's model. Not entirely sure. It was used, and I got nothing other than the gun and a mag.
Nice find on the Mini Ranch. I have had great success with Weigand Combat on my Ruger PC4. It is worth the money.

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Gonna pick up a Ruger LCP just in time for the summer. Also have a G19 and XDM Compact .45 I can carry with a King Tuck. That's gonna be it though probably, you have no idea how much convincing it took my wife at each step so I'll take my three as a win. Actually, she never said yes to the LCP but I keep talking about it! You guys with gun wives are lucky.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

xceptnl wrote:Nice find on the Mini Ranch. I have had great success with Weigand Combat on my Ruger PC4. It is worth the money.

Yeah, I've been eyeballing one on Amazon. The irons aren't awful, but they leave something to be desired in my opinion. What optic are you rolling with?
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
Officer Gigglez

MadMaximus wrote:Hk USP, HK P30, Five-SeveN, VLTOR/Daniel Defense AR, Benelli Super Nova, Benelli Super VInci, and many more!
I had a Supernova a couple years ago, but ended up selling it. It was very front heavy, and after being pampered by the awesomeness that is the Remington 870 for years, I can't seem to find anything I like better.
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Resilience
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

FCM415 wrote:Gonna pick up a Ruger LCP just in time for the summer. Also have a G19 and XDM Compact .45 I can carry with a King Tuck. That's gonna be it though probably, you have no idea how much convincing it took my wife at each step so I'll take my three as a win. Actually, she never said yes to the LCP but I keep talking about it! You guys with gun wives are lucky.
Consider the S&W BG380. Mine has been flawless. Feeds even empty shells, I kid you not.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Anyone seen the newest auto-loading shotgun from Benelli, the Ethos? What a beauty!

*Landon*
Officer Gigglez

xceptnl wrote:Anyone seen the newest auto-loading shotgun from Benelli, the Ethos? What a beauty!

Yeah, I saw it in my American Rifleman today. Great looking gun. Not thrilled by the price though.
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Resilience
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Officer Gigglez wrote:Yeah, I saw it in my American Rifleman today. Great looking gun. Not thrilled by the price though.
Maybe you missed this part.... BENELLI
None of their prices thrill me.
*Landon*
Officer Gigglez

xceptnl wrote:Maybe you missed this part.... BENELLI
None of their prices thrill me.
Fair point. I suppose you can call Benelli the HK of shotguns.
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Resilience
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

Officer Gigglez wrote:Fair point. I suppose you can call Benelli the HK of shotguns.
I can tell you first hand you wont have a problem with Benelli's pricing if you put 10X the price of the gun in shells through it.
ChrisinHove

Post by ChrisinHove »

Gun? Hah! In the UK I could be sent to gaol (that's jail, spelt properly) for carrying my PM2 in public! If I carried one of your Glock's etc, I might never see daylight again!
"Rules are for the adherence of fools, and the guidance of wise men". Except in a pandemic....
Military Kapara, Brouwer, UKPK (GIN1 CE, HH g10 & s110v), Delica IV SG, Caly 3 SE, Kiwi4, Lil Matriarch, Endura SG & SEW, Dragonfly Hap40, Manbug ZDP189 & SB, Ladybug 2, Vtoku & HB, Stretch HAP40, Squeak, Squeak Ti, Chicago440C, Ikuchi, Byrd Tern, Watu, Chaparral Stealth Ti, Manix XL & Rex45 G10, Shaman ZCarta, Wolfspyder, NC cf, N5 M4,
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

ChrisinHove wrote:Gun? Hah! In the UK I could be sent to gaol (that's jail, spelt properly) for carrying my PM2 in public! If I carried one of your Glock's etc, I might never see daylight again!
That's just sad.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Gunslinger

Post by Gunslinger »

Just bought this last week. M&P Shield 9mm. This will be my new conceal carry as soon as I put some rounds through it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Gunslinger wrote:Just bought this last week. M&P Shield 9mm. This will be my new conceal carry as soon as I put some rounds through it.
Nice. Great guns. If you don't know about it already, I suggest an Apex trigger kit. Makes the trigger much nicer IMO.
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

My Brother just bought an M&P in 40 cal. but I like the 9mm better.
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

New AR. Had one I didn't like (terrible accuracy), so this is the new one. Very nice, shoots much better. Three shot group from this morning, before the rains moved in and closed the range. This is a "Sionics" brand made here in town. Very well made, quality parts, no frills, just great weapons. This was a "Demo" I found at their shop, but I'm very pleased with it. Can't wait to put a better scope on it. The 7x I used today is hard to see with at 100 yards, good for general stuff, but certainly not a target scope. Looking forward to shooting with the 24x next weekend if the rings show up on time.

RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Ammunition is going out of sight. Just saw a box of 40 S&W Silvertips at the local WM priced at $48.37. I like my 9mm's more every day
Officer Gigglez

RanCoWeAla wrote:Ammunition is going out of sight. Just saw a box of 40 S&W Silvertips at the local WM priced at $48.37. I like my 9mm's more every day
.40s are cheaper than 9s where I am. They're also in stock more. .223s are the worst though. **** things are bleeding my wallet.
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Resilience
Medic

Post by Medic »

HK P30 .40 Safety - can conceal carry this and use it to protect the house. This is my favorite handgun to date...