Need help with finding a Spyderfly

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Vince_PL

Need help with finding a Spyderfly

Post by Vince_PL »

Could anybody help me to trace a NIB Spyderco Spyderfly ? It's a pity I missed the chance to get that knife and I miss balisong flipping alot.

Are they still traceable in reasonable price or should I totally forget about the idea, because it's impossible ?

I would love to find spyderfly in some store which have international shipping, maybe someone could help ?
Every God's critters have knives.
PSU

Post by PSU »

I'm unclear about the legality of their sales but they seem to pop up for sale on eBay quite frequently.
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
tomahawk23

Post by tomahawk23 »

Try E-bay or maybe a dumpster.
A Man Without his Knife is like a Bear Without its Claws.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

what exactly did you mean by the dumpster remark?
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

eBay is your best bet by far. I had my first fly stolen (it was a VG-10 version too... if I weren't so macho I would have wept :-P), and I managed to find a new one there. Albeit, NOT a VG-10 version, but NIB. Those who still have those seem reluctant to give them up. I can definitely appreciate the compulsion to have a bali though. If I didn't have my BM (nobody hurt me... they make good balis) and my Bradley I would have had a nervous breakdown.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
markg

Post by markg »

Friendly reminder...

Discussions on obtaining "restricted items" are to be avoided, per Spyderco Forum rules. Spyderco considers (for their own sake) bali's to be included in this destination. :)
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Er... sorry bout that, been absent from the forums for a while, my apologies. Should have reintroduced myself to the regs.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

Vince_PL

Post by Vince_PL »

Thanks for all your replies, I've already traced one thanks to one forumite :)

And to make things clear - balis are not illegal here in Poland - I hope that because of that fact no rules have been broken.
Every God's critters have knives.
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

tomahawk23 wrote:Try E-bay or maybe a dumpster.
A dumpster? You have issues dude. Man I wish this was a heavy metal forum right now so you would get the responses you truly deserve.
PSU

Post by PSU »

tonydahose wrote:what exactly did you mean by the dumpster remark?
As most members of this forum will recall, Spyderco had to forfeit a bunch of butterfly knives to ICE in 2007; they were estimated to be worth around $400,000. I don't know what ICE did with all those knives. Maybe they melted them down, gave them as gifts, or simply threw them away.

To give tomahawk23 the benefit of the doubt, I assumed that his post was referring to this but I could be wrong. :o
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
Caly E

Post by Caly E »

PSU wrote:As most members of this forum will recall, Spyderco had to forfeit a bunch of butterfly knives to ICE in 2007; they were estimated to be worth around $400,000. I don't know what ICE did with all those knives. Maybe they melted them down, gave them as gifts, or simply threw them away.

To give tomahawk23 the benefit of the doubt, I assumed that his post was referring to this but I could be wrong. :o
Benefit of the doubt? OJ is more deserving. This
KaliGman

Restricted forum

Post by KaliGman »

markg wrote:Friendly reminder...

Discussions on obtaining "restricted items" are to be avoided, per Spyderco Forum rules. Spyderco considers (for their own sake) bali's to be included in this destination. :)
Mark has a point in that this thread probably should have been over in the "Restricted Items" area. Since the OP is in a foreign nation and there are not export regulations/laws I am aware of which would keep a Spyderco dealer/distributor from shipping to his nation, and since Jordan is a 13 Bravo in the U.S. Army (how is Fort Bliss these days?) and is able to purchase 'flys and autos, this is actually a pretty tame thread when it comes to the "restricted" stuff.
"There is no weapon more deadly than the will." Bruce Lee

"The most pervasive and least condemned form of dishonesty is not doing the best you can." Colonel Jeff Cooper
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

It's quite warm :)

Hooah
- Theodore Roosevelt

markg

Post by markg »

KaliGman wrote:Mark has a point in that this thread probably should have been over in the "Restricted Items" area. Since the OP is in a foreign nation and there are not export regulations/laws I am aware of which would keep a Spyderco dealer/distributor from shipping to his nation, and since Jordan is a 13 Bravo in the U.S. Army (how is Fort Bliss these days?) and is able to purchase 'flys and autos, this is actually a pretty tame thread when it comes to the "restricted" stuff.
I did not notice the poster's location. :) Buy away my friend!!!
ngohari

Post by ngohari »

Woah... when and why did this happen?!
ngohari

Post by ngohari »

PSU wrote:As most members of this forum will recall, Spyderco had to forfeit a bunch of butterfly knives to ICE in 2007; they were estimated to be worth around $400,000. I don't know what ICE did with all those knives. Maybe they melted them down, gave them as gifts, or simply threw them away.

I was referring to this post btw... missed quoting it.
mrdavidkolds

I have one but without box. It's been flipped but not used ( to cut )

Post by mrdavidkolds »

Vince_PL wrote:Could anybody help me to trace a NIB Spyderco Spyderfly ? It's a pity I missed the chance to get that knife and I miss balisong flipping alot.

Are they still traceable in reasonable price or should I totally forget about the idea, because it's impossible ?

I would love to find spyderfly in some store which have international shipping, maybe someone could help ?
I have one but without box. It's been flipped but not used ( to cut )