New Sage 3 CF

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
computernut

New Sage 3 CF

Post by computernut »

I received a new Sage 3 CF from my wife for Valentine's Day and it is nice! I already have the first 4 already but she knew I wanted the new updated 3 in Carbon Fiber ;)

I've always loved the Bolt Action Lock but I always thought the Sage3 would look better in black and boy it does! I've already had a bunch of compliments on the knife, it does look classy.

Only issue was a couple of spots on the edge where the carbon fiber was poking up and catching threads and my finger. A tiny spot of CA glue (crazy glue) and a little fine grit sandpaper and it was as good as new (tip from working with carbon fiber R/C car chassis). I'm thinking that this is an issue of doing curved cuts in this type of CF.

timlara

Post by timlara »

Great knife & great wife! :)

I love the bolt action lock as well, and the Sage 3 continues to be my favorite Spydie overall. It's the smoothest knife I own. I get the feeling a lot of people missed out on finding out what a great knife the Sage 3 is because they didn't like the blue G-10, so I'm hoping more folks will like the look of the CF and give it a shot. (I guess I'm one of the few who actually liked the first one *because* of the blue G-10!) I do agree that the CF makes it look classier/more expensive, though.

(One fact I just learned recently from an interview I saw with Sal on YouTube: Apparently the design goal of the blue G-10 on the first Sage 3 was actually to make it look more like a FRN handle, since Blackie Collins also favored FRN in many of his designs.)
Tim