My 500th Post Giveaway--Small SpyderPac

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
hiredgun

My 500th Post Giveaway--Small SpyderPac

Post by hiredgun »

Hello fellow Spyderco enthusiasts! This will be my 500th post and to commemorate the occasion, I would like to give away to one lucky forum member a Spyderco small SpyderPac.

The rules are simple:

1. Be an active member with more than 25 posts.
2. As best as you can, tell me what was your first Spyderco knife and the approximate date/year you purchased it.
3. Post a picture of your favorite Spyderco knife. (if you don't know how to post a picture, now's a good time to learn! :) ) Threads are worth so much more with pics--right!?
4. You must have a USA shipping address to enter.
5. Only one entry per forum member

I want to express my appreciation to Sal & Co. and all of you for your insight, knowledge, jokes and support while I've been a member of this forum. I will use Random.org to find a winner based on your post number. I will pick a winner on Tuesday, February 18th!
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I have no problem being post #1.

This was my first Spyderco (purchased circa 2004/2005)

These 2 are my currect favorite(s) I can't choose only one!

And yes, PICS make any thread better! Thanks for the GAW and your contributions here.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Invective

Post by Invective »

I'll bite! My first Spydie was a Spyderco Jester G-10 back in 2012. Pretty recent, but I've gotten bit hard haha.

As for my favorite knife, argh that's difficult. It's a toss-up between my Captain

and my 440V SE Native.

Thing just keeps on cutting
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Thanks for the great GAW! I can always use another Spyderpac!

I remember my first Spydie well. I received it on January 20th 2010, a plain old black, PE Tenacious. But it really surprised me. I've been hopelessly hooked ever since.

As for now, the S90V Para 2 is still my all-time favorite all-around knife. The Caly 3.5 comes in a close 2nd.

Good luck to all!
:bug-red-white
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

I really want one of these Spyderpacs so Im going to go for it as well!

This was my 1st Purchase just a few months back and still remains one of my favorites. Love these BI-Directional grips and wish they used them more or something similar for future designs.

Its really this simple, "Those Who Know Carry Spyderco"

Fish on!
Qcrazy

Post by Qcrazy »

Thanks for the GAW, and keep the posts going. My first Spyderco was the old one position sharpmaker that I bought back in the 80's. My first of their knives was the PE Meerkat, and I bought that in 2007. I don't know why it took me so long to jump on the knife bandwagon, though I'd sure have more discretionary income today if I'd never bought that first knife.
Attachments
meerkat1.jpg
sharpener.jpg
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Thanks for the contest. My first was not long ago. The first week of January 2014 I bought a LW Manix 2. Now I'm at number 5, being a Caly 3.5 that I just ordered literally 10 minutes ago. Here is my current favorite:

Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

Awesome GAW, thanks!

My first was the Sage 1 purchased September last year.

My favorite is my modified Southard

Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Awesome GAW! Thank you!

My first Spyderco Knife was a Centofante III, purchased in the Spring of 2010. I purchased it because it was the least expensive Spyderco that I liked the looks of at the time. I wanted to see what the Spyderco following was all about. It "bit" me.

The following is my favorite picture I've taken of my favorite knife. I only wish I would have gotten more of a reflection off of the edge.

Thanks again for the GAW. Congrats on the 500th post!

James

"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
Sparki

Post by Sparki »

Oh man, I'd love a spyderpac. I'm fairly new to collecting spyderco, but I've already accumulated over a dozen knives and they're all clipped to the top of a cardboard box. Haha!

Anyways, my first spyderco was purchased mid year last year (2013). I had lost my old knife and was looking for a new one, and my boss is a knife-nut and got me into knives. He suggested a delica as a gateway spydie, so that's what I got, a black FRN, CE delica 4.

My favorite knife now is my Sage 2, Para 2 or caly 3.5 CF is a close second!

hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Thanks for the responses so far. It is interesting to see when your first purchase was and what your favorite Spydie is now. My first purchase was a Delica about 19 years ago. My current favorite is hard to say, but today I'm carrying a Gayle Bradley and it is certainly in my top 5 Spydies of all time.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

Thanks for the contest hiredgun, really running out of space in my little safe(hehe), could really use a spyderpac but i never think about them! The Dragonfly 2 PE was my first knife I got it for Christmas 2012:http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/knife ... d.jpg.html and my favorite knife has to be my Native4 SE black blade:http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/knife ... d.jpg.html

These two knives were my first Spydercos and they treat me very well. The Native SE is the most durable, reliable and all around most amazing knife I own. They need to make bumper stickers like "proud owner of a Spyderco" or "Got Spyderco?" or simply "Got :spyder: "
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Thanks for the nice gaw!
Last year my love of knives was reborn when I bought a spyderco dragonfly salt to fish with. My current favorite is probably my reground pacific salt. Here's a pic of it getting some love earlier this morning!

P.S. I hope I don't win because I have a sneaky suspicion if I have one of those pacs I will feel a overwhelming desire to fill it up! ;)

BDNX

Post by BDNX »

I'll play....my first Spyderco was the gray Calypso Jr. sprint and I believe I got it back in 2005 shortly after joining this forum. Now my favorite is an tough one to call...but just as far as the one I've carried the most over the years, my Tasman would have to be the winner. Been through a lot with this blade.

I'd love to try out a SpyderPac...never had one. Thanks for the chance!!

My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Hi, saw this thread slipping onto the third page of listings so I thought I'd bring it back front and center! Thanks for the generous GAW hiredgun, although you make me feel a little guilty for not doing one myself (I plan to do one at 1K posts), but I do need another Spyderpac for my growing collection. It all started one year ago (yes, that recently) almost to the day with this G10 Manbug (#1) and Caly 3.5 (#2), and aside from the Domino, they still top the EDC rotation (both are in pocket now in fact). Thanks again!! :)

It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Timbo114

Post by Timbo114 »

1991 ... C10 Endura w/GIN 1 full Spyderedge
NIB $39 at a gun show ... seemed a bit pricey back then, I laugh about it now.
I spend 4x - 8x that much today. :eek:

jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

My first Spyderco was a serrated Q model that I bought in 1997. I think I got it for about $25 on eBay. If only I could find one that cheap now!

As for my favorite Spyderco, that is a tough call. It seems that every time I get a new Spyderco, it becomes my favorite. But one of the ones with the most staying power is probably my Sage I. Excellent fit and finish, great price, and I love the twill carbon fiber.

Thanks for the giveaway chance!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

Hey everyone, thanks for entering the GAW. We have a winner!! Post #9 wins and that is vaisforlovers. I sent you a PM. Enjoy the SpyderPac. :cool:
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

WHEW!! Dodged a bullet on that one! :D . Congrats vaisforlovers! Don't go broke trying to fill it up too quick! ;)
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

Lucky number seven, not so lucky this time. Congrats vaisforlovers!
Time for another :spyder:!

-Matt