MT18P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring CPM-S110V

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

Mutt wrote:Don't feel too bad. I got my Halpern scales and sheath pro sheaths, UPS says the mules dont get here till Thurs
Same here for my 1st mule purchase. Love the scales and sheaths, can't wait until Thursday. Thank you Halpren, Sheathpro, and Spyderco for this run. Yes!
tke490

Post by tke490 »

Received new mule S110v today. Laid base of blue flat shoe string (in absence of de-fibered paracord) to give better over-wrap texture and hide the stainless from showing through and used NiteIze 2mm reflective paracord in a "Strider" weave. Pretty pleased with the color contrast and the way it came out. I thing the I'll make some Moon Glow scales on my other m18 blank. I've also thought about using g10 or Micarta with ancho texturing and somehow inlay a tritium tube on each side the scale. Haven't seen it done yet so I figure I'd give it a shot, though there might be a reason it hasn't been done yet as I might soon find out... Any thoughts?

[ATTACH]23289[/ATTACH][ATTACH]23290[/ATTACH][ATTACH]23291[/ATTACH][ATTACH]23292[/ATTACH]
Attachments
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
1.jpg
tke490

Post by tke490 »

I didn't see a mule sheath on sheathpro, is that something had custom made? What did they charge if you don't mind me asking? And how long did it take them to make from the time you ordered it? I've seen the ones on ebay and ordered one, but not real impressed with only left cross draw carry limitations. Looks like sheathpro's can be adjusted for directional carry.
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

tke490 wrote:I didn't see a mule sheath on sheathpro, is that something had custom made? What did they charge if you don't mind me asking? And how long did it take them to make from the time you ordered it? I've seen the ones on ebay and ordered one, but not real impressed with only left cross draw carry limitations. Looks like sheathpro's can be adjusted for directional carry.

Yes, Great people and service to say the least. I emailed them, got a personal call and had both custom made sheaths at my door in less than a week. They custom make based on your needs.

Sheathpro@aol.com
303-886-0834
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

tke490 wrote:I didn't see a mule sheath on sheathpro, is that something had custom made? What did they charge if you don't mind me asking? And how long did it take them to make from the time you ordered it? I've seen the ones on ebay and ordered one, but not real impressed with only left cross draw carry limitations. Looks like sheathpro's can be adjusted for directional carry.
If you order the sheathpro mule sheath with the G-clip (clip also sold by Spyderco -- http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=835), it can be adjusted in several carry positions. I like to wear it on the right front, in front of or behind the belt at a 45 degree angle for left handed draw.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DragonHead

Post by DragonHead »

I missed out! bummer,... If someone got two, and needs a sheath, or scales, or both? I will trade my skills for your extra.
You can check my instagram account for examples of my work. @allgoodmfg
thanks, really wanted a sv110
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

I have sheath pro sheaths on all my mules. Even the two that UPS is supposed to deliver today. (It says out for delivery on the web site) Yeah i ordered the knives, then the handles, then the sheaths. Handles and sheaths are here already. I just can't say enough good things about the spyderco mule/Halpern Ti/Sheathpro combination
And come on UPS! Come on!
Laethageal

Post by Laethageal »

Hey I was out for a few weeks and just come back to realize I missed MT18. If someone happens to have one extra they could make someone unfortunate really happy and cherish the blade like none others if I could get it from them. Otherwise, anyone know if they are still going on somewhere ?

Thanks!
If it's not polished, call it a saw, not an edge!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Laethageal wrote:Hey I was out for a few weeks and just come back to realize I missed MT18. If someone happens to have one extra they could make someone unfortunate really happy and cherish the blade like none others if I could get it from them. Otherwise, anyone know if they are still going on somewhere ?

Thanks!
All may not be lost. Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I haven't heard that the number of people on the waiting list exceeds the number of MT18's that may become available, or that they are totally sold out... so, if I were you, I would definitely call up and see if they're still taking names on the list.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
MacMillan

Post by MacMillan »

Laethageal wrote:Hey I was out for a few weeks and just come back to realize I missed MT18. If someone happens to have one extra they could make someone unfortunate really happy and cherish the blade like none others if I could get it from them. Otherwise, anyone know if they are still going on somewhere ?

Thanks!
Check your PM's ;)
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

Wishing I had the camera skills of others on the forum. Would love to post a pic of my new MT18 with the natural Halpern translucent scales. A thing of beauty. My tracking # showed it was supposed to be delivered Thursday. Was concerned when I first got home and no package. Then remembered the storm. Came in Friday. Thing of beauty. Thanks to Sal, Eric, and all the folks at Spyderco that help to make this happen. Probably my favorite of the Mules. Serious stainless steel, sharp, and will stay that way.

Must say this particular Mule is a kick. Sorta of a fine piece of jewelry, + a few added inches. Truly beautiful steel, much like the Southfork. Is it refinement of simplicity, or simplicity refined?
VashHash

Post by VashHash »

Got my 2 in yesterday. Gotta finish up my leather sheath today and probably reprofile one of them for cutting. Different finish on these. No stonewash but they are very smooth and the holes seem to be perfect. Have to order some more scales from halpern though. I can't wait to start cutting with them. Been carrying my forum native since I placed the order.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Got mine this week and have to say, the finish level is impeccable. The holes in the handle are all perfectly smooth, with nice clean walls. Usually I have to grind away the excess slag to make my pins fit just right (or force them in), but this Mule is perfect. I know the edge angle was ground a bit wider than the usual 30°, but it's one of the most consistent edges I've received from front to back. I'm happy to see that Taichung is going to be participating in the Mule program, as they really knocked this one out of the park.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
klug932000

Post by klug932000 »

Got mine yesterday, love it, dad loves his as well.
some of my work (nothing for sale on there) Facebook.com/454products
rhicks

Post by rhicks »

I should have bought two. oh well I know for next time. Any news on a second run?

I just received my Halpern Titanium CF handle. Wow! What have you guys been doing w/ regards to oil? This is my first knife I have put handles on so with CF should I put oil in under the handles before screwing them down? What about over the CF finish on the outer exposed areas? I don't have a sheath yet (I'll send Christina a e-mail tonight). That's my next goal.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

rhicks wrote:I should have bought two. oh well I know for next time. Any news on a second run?

I just received my Halpern Titanium CF handle. Wow! What have you guys been doing w/ regards to oil? This is my first knife I have put handles on so with CF should I put oil in under the handles before screwing them down? What about over the CF finish on the outer exposed areas? I don't have a sheath yet (I'll send Christina a e-mail tonight). That's my next goal.
Do you want to put oil under the CF to protect the steel handle? If so, I'd go with something like Tufcloth/Tufglide. Should keep the handle from corroding should contaminates get beneath the CF scales. CF shouldn't need any oil on the outer exposed areas. Whereas G-10 "dries out" and needs a little oil on occasion to maintain the bright colors, I don't think CF needs any such treatment.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
rhicks

Post by rhicks »

jabba359 wrote:Do you want to put oil under the CF to protect the steel handle? If so, I'd go with something like Tufcloth/Tufglide. Should keep the handle from corroding should contaminates get beneath the CF scales. CF shouldn't need any oil on the outer exposed areas. Whereas G-10 "dries out" and needs a little oil on occasion to maintain the bright colors, I don't think CF needs any such treatment.
Yes, for protection of the steel. I'll look into the tuf. Thanks Kyle.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I used Flitz on the entire knife and coated it in Ballistol before slapping on scales. This works very well for me on all my knives, reapply Ballistol after cleaning the blade and in this case the handle as well.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

I noticed a tiny bit of corrosion under one of the scales on my K390 mule the last time I changed scales, and I gave it a very light coat of Frog Lube CLP Paste under the scales, since it's about the only thing that claims to be food grade, and I'm planning to use the K390 in the kitchen for a while and see what develops. The S110V of course is much, much more stain resistant.

The thin film of Frog Paste reminded me of the likewise thin, whitish-clear coating I've seen on some of the things from SFO.
MCM

Post by MCM »

"The run is approximately 700 pieces"
Factoid from Spyderco.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......