Any thoughts about these changes to the possible Marcin S knife?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JB3

Any thoughts about these changes to the possible Marcin S knife?

Post by JB3 »

Big time apologies up front to Marcin S. for messing with his design (I just realigned the blade a little), and for my extremely poor Photoshop skills.
I hope I'm not committing a faux-pas, but this knife design of Marcin's inspires me ... I love everything about it but more-so with the idea of it being a EDC. s110v steel maybe? 3" blade?
So, just throwing it out to Marcin/Spyderco as a possibility.
Any thoughts? (other than "go take a Photoshop class")

Cujobob

Post by Cujobob »

I had mentioned this photo in a thread earlier, that knife looks sick both with your changes and in original form...I hope it's put in production!
Strong-Dog

Post by Strong-Dog »

I personally like the original design better, but I would buy yours in a heartbeat too! If they turned it into a flipper that would really be sick
"For a second, I thought I was dead, but when I heard all the noise I knew they were cops. Only cops talk that way. If they had been wiseguys, I wouldn't have heard a thing. I would've been dead."

-Henry Hill
JB3

Post by JB3 »

I didn't think about a possible flipper too ... yes, very cool. Maybe the EDC cousin to the original food prep knife?
Leif

Post by Leif »

Yes I think it should serve more as being the techno's larger counterpart, and less as a chef's knife. And I'm not saying just make a techno XL, it should just be another one of Marcin's beautiful full Ti designs with a 3"-3.5" blade. That would be amazing.
Two historical figures, outlaws and desperadoes if that, the villainous pair of really nice boys who just happened to be on the wrong side of the law.

:spyder: Current EDC: Paramilitary 2 :spyder:
CanadaDude

Post by CanadaDude »

I love the Marcin prototype. Yours is nice too. I would like a larger Maus'Techno.