Spyderco Emerson opening Endura/Delica?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
eric m.

Spyderco Emerson opening Endura/Delica?

Post by eric m. »

Thinking on a Lone Wolf Dist. Spyderco Emerson opening Endura w/Glock tool! How do you like these Emerson opening Spyderco made knives? :spyder:
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

they work exactly as they are described. The E4 is the winner, but the D4 can serve as a poor man's P'kal quite easily. I like the blade shape on the EO E4 better than the original. Pointy-er but still thick as saber.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I had both the Endura and Delica at one time but just didn't like the grind. However I did like the smaller Delica best because it opened better
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

Love them! Carried my endura waved today!
spyder_happy

Post by spyder_happy »

My delica opens great and cuts just fine. I do like the grey/blue scales the waved delica and endura have, always seems to blend with what I wear.
The list goes on...
DF2: salt se, hap 40, vg-10
Delica 4: ffg vg-10, saber CE VG-10
Endura 4: Hap 40, Super Blue, VG-10
Native 5: S35vn/g10, S110v
Manix Lwt: XHP
Pac salt, Tasman, PM2 S30v, Domino XHP,
Stretch frn ZDP-189
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Has anyone tried to take down their Glock with the pin punch on this knife? :)
Holland

Post by Holland »

I would just get a regular FFG delica and do the "zip tie mod" on it, or grind down the spine and make a wave type devise like what on the HEST.
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Freman

Post by Freman »

I have the Emerson waved Matriarch. The Emerson wave works well, the knife itself... well I haven't had to test it for its designed usage.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Freman wrote:I have the Emerson waved Matriarch. The Emerson wave works well, the knife itself... well I haven't had to test it for its designed usage.
Nice to know! Good to have just in case! I saw the zip tie mod on you tube! Real easy to do, but I wanted a knife with the real Emerson opening feature! If I like it I will try the MOD on a couple other knives! Thanks! :)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

eric m. wrote:Has anyone tried to take down their Glock with the pin punch on this knife? :)
I had one years ago - the pin worked fine, though not as well as a normal size tool. I eventually sold it because, and this sounds funny perhaps, I found the Endura a very big knife, and I say that as an absolute believer in the Military. Go figure...
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

I have an Emerson Delica. Not impressed by the feel of the scales/handle, but the opener works as advertised and the knife is the usual high quality you can expect from Spyderco.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

JNewell wrote:I had one years ago - the pin worked fine, though not as well as a normal size tool. I eventually sold it because, and this sounds funny perhaps, I found the Endura a very big knife, and I say that as an absolute believer in the Military. Go figure...
Pa. is a CC state and I always carry one of my Glocks, and although the chances of needing the tool while carrying are remote as best, I like the idea of having the tool on me! I also camp with a Glock and if dropped in water or rained on, I can break it down and wipe down! :)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

eric m. wrote:Pa. is a CC state and I always carry one of my Glocks, and although the chances of needing the tool while carrying are remote as best, I like the idea of having the tool on me! I also camp with a Glock and if dropped in water or rained on, I can break it down and wipe down! :)
Never say never, but most Glock models are among the most reliable products ever to come from the hands of man, at least if we're talking about objects with more than one, non-moving part. And even then most Glocks will beat most of that category. ;)
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

If you immerse a glock in water....just shake it shakre it like a polaroid picture...
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

JNewell wrote:Never say never, but most Glock models are among the most reliable products ever to come from the hands of man, at least if we're talking about objects with more than one, non-moving part. And even then most Glocks will beat most of that category. ;)
Absolutely! :)
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:If you immerse a glock in water....just shake it shakre it like a polaroid picture...
I am an absolute nut when it comes to water on steel! The Tenifer treatment is good for outside, but if it gets inside I wouldn't be able to sleep without breaking it down! :D