MT18P – Mule Team Fixed Blade featuring CPM-S110V

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Holland wrote:Very nice scales! I'm also surprised to see they are produced in Taiwan
Mutt wrote:My Sage 1's are made in Taiwan and the quality of them is beyond reproach. If they made these at the same place so much the better as far as I'm concerned. I got my 2 mules, scales plus extras from Halpern, and sheaths from Sheathpro all ordered. Come on USPS! come on!!
No complaints at all and no licks on the MT18 for coming from Taiwan, but it is a tiny bit surprising. The S110V Forum Native, as far as we know, is an all-Boulder knife. Since CPM-S110V is domestic steel, it would have had to be shipped to Taiwan for fabrication and then returned to Colorado. What that probably tells us is that Boulder is still flat-out. :)
Marsport

Post by Marsport »

Molly wrote:I've placed my order for 2 mules yesterday in a 5-10 min after they appeared on the website. I've received my Order Notification instantly but still no shipping e-mail... Is this normal? :)
I ordered mine at 10:00 mst as it opened and received my email confirmation immediately. received my email notifying me it is shipped at 12:35 on Thursday afternoon.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I'm very excited for these. Monday can't come fast enough! Ordering option 4 green micarta and I have an extra blue option 5 for the other. Is Sheathpro the best option? I'd prefer not to mail it in, maybe they have enough experience with option 4 and 5 scales by now?
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
toomzz

Post by toomzz »

xceptnl wrote:I would keep an eye on the stie Tomas. As mentioned here in a few posts, they trickle out as the days go on. I don't think yesterday was the last of the real amount in stock.
Thanks Landon, that sounds comforting, thank you, I hope so!
Maybe Sal will bring me one to Amsterdam, in March ;)
Tom
nccole

Post by nccole »

FCM415 wrote:I'm very excited for these. Monday can't come fast enough! Ordering option 4 green micarta and I have an extra blue option 5 for the other. Is Sheathpro the best option? I'd prefer not to mail it in, maybe they have enough experience with option 4 and 5 scales by now?
They told me as long as you told them which option you bought from Halpern, they would get you a perfect fit.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Marsport wrote:I ordered mine at 10:00 mst as it opened and received my email confirmation immediately. received my email notifying me it is shipped at 12:35 on Thursday afternoon.
Just about exactly the same here, fwiw. :spyder:
Invective

Post by Invective »

Just got my shipping notice, ordered mine at 10:02 yesterday. Also got my shipping notice from Halpern Titanium as well, hopefully they get here around the same time!
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

toomzz wrote:Thanks Landon, that sounds comforting, thank you, I hope so!
Maybe Sal will bring me one to Amsterdam, in March ;)
I know there is a big time offset, but consider calling the Spyderco factory store, rather than waiting for the web. I would guess it would significantly increase the chances of success.
akaAK

Post by akaAK »

FCM415 wrote:I'm very excited for these. Monday can't come fast enough! Ordering option 4 green micarta and I have an extra blue option 5 for the other. Is Sheathpro the best option? I'd prefer not to mail it in, maybe they have enough experience with option 4 and 5 scales by now?
Let them know the Mule number and halpern option and they don't need you knife mailed in. There sheaths are fantastic, can't say enough good things about them. They have samples of the mule team and halpern scales on site.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

JNewell wrote:I know there is a big time offset, but consider calling the Spyderco factory store, rather than waiting for the web. I would guess it would significantly increase the chances of success.
By the time I got a break at work yesterday the online site was sold out and they were closed in Golden. Called today and they are currently going through the orders and inventory. I left my name and number and they said they'd call back (possibly later today) once they knew if they had any available.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Great, thanks guys!
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

Sheathpro is awesome. You don't have to mail your knife in. BUT there are different sheathes depending on the contour ( option ) of your Halpern handles. A knife with option 4 handles wont fit an option 5 sheath and vise versa. You may have to get two sheathes for 1 knife
And I got shipping info from Halpern already!
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

This should be a GREAT one...I'm in.
Sonny
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

Ankerson wrote:Have mine coming. :)
Now, Jim, I woulda thunk that Sal would send you one...free...right away. You probably helped produce
that Mule...one way or another. I'm just about in pig heaven...waiting for it to arrive.
Have read that it "might" be thin behind the edge...hoping...
Don :)
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Well, if you missed out, the first one has shown up on eBay for a whopping sum of $250!!! Not only that, but you also have to pay $12.35 for shipping. Unbelievable... :(
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
dtoad

Post by dtoad »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Well, if you missed out, the first one has shown up on eBay for a whopping sum of $250!!! Not only that, but you also have to pay $12.35 for shipping. Unbelievable... :(
Seen that as we'll. OMG! Whoa.
Fish on!
macatac

Post by macatac »

Same here. I emailed last night and got a reply this morning. They said they were checking orders and would get back to me. A few hours later, they emailed that they had 2 waiting for me. I called right before they closed and I only ordered one, so someone else is going to be very happy this evening or tomorrow morning. Enjoy.

macatac
jabba359 wrote:By the time I got a break at work yesterday the online site was sold out and they were closed in Golden. Called today and they are currently going through the orders and inventory. I left my name and number and they said they'd call back (possibly later today) once they knew if they had any available.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Sonny wrote:Now, Jim, I woulda thunk that Sal would send you one...free...right away. You probably helped produce
that Mule...one way or another. I'm just about in pig heaven...waiting for it to arrive.
Have read that it "might" be thin behind the edge...hoping...
Don :)

Nah, I pay my way. :)

Glad to pay for it, I am sure it will be worth every penny. :spyder:

And I already had the scales for awhile. :)
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I ordered at 10:12 and received confirmation immediately, but haven't received a shipping notice. Know they must be very busy. Hope there isn't a problem. Have a set of the Halpern natural handles waiting for this one. Will be a kitchen user.
DM11

Post by DM11 »

I haven't gotten a shipping notice yet either. My confirmation email was 10:06 MT
Hold Fast

David