Spydie knife boxes

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Oh yes I keep my boxes, I have boxes of boxes, in White, Gray, and Red.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

I have two large Tupperware storage boxes full of Spydie boxes. I have had folks contact me just to get a box for a knife they have or want to sell, which I found somewhat odd and funny. Thankfully for the ones requested so far, I had only CC versions so the box wouldn't work without its partner knife. Not that I'd give just a box away anyway...
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
cabfrank

Post by cabfrank »

I keep them if I get them, and try not to beat them up too much, but they aren't a big deal to me.
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

I keep my spydies in their boxes unless I am using them or carrying them. I try to keep the boxes in good shape, and I store them in a shoe box. I'd like to have a better place to store my knives, but alas, I am a poor college student who has too much too do and little enough time to do it.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
Sonny

Post by Sonny »

My Spydie boxes are very important to me. All my knives are kept in them. They are invaluable when I buy/sell/trade.
CAMAROMAN

Post by CAMAROMAN »

I definitely keep my Spyderco boxes!!
:spyder: Laci Szabo, Military (digital camo), Navaja,Centofante 3 , Persian 2,Lum Chinese, Ladybug ZDP, Tasman Salt, Native,Viele, Spin, Persistance, Dragonfly, Manix 2, Pingo, Impala, T-mag

"A knifeless man is a lifeless man" - old Nordic proverb
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

I've always kept all my boxes. I have probably about 300 of them. About 4 years ago there was a guy I knew over at Bladeforums that gave me all he had if I paid the shipping which I did and it gave me boxes of a lot of models I never had.

I've even had occasion to trade the boxes just like I trade my knives from time to time. It's really handy when another collector has a box you want and you might have one they want. It truly comes in handy for me at times. I have few boxes from the mid to late 90s models as well. But I'm an avid Spyderco collector not only of their knives but their catalogs, posters and any promotional items they have ever had. I even have a new, mint condition Spyderco mouse pad I got on Ebay many years ago.

It just depends on what type of enthusiast you are. I have several knife buddies who don't really collect anything per se they actually use everything they buy. And to them it would probably be a waste of time and space for them. What blows me away is that I've actually run into dealers that don't even keep the factory boxes. But to me the box is part of the collector appeal especially if you have several models in new/mint condition.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Ovalprocess

Post by Ovalprocess »

The Deacon wrote:Even though I rarely sell or trade knives I save all my boxes and do my best to keep them in the same condition they arrived in.
Me, too!