Official Halpern Titanium Mule Team Handle Information

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

DougC-3 wrote:That's 3 2/3 times postage to anywhere in the US. Is that coming from our postal department? You should be able to ship at least to Siberia for that.

I was mistaken, it is $25, not $22.

The original International shipping is listed as $35. I asked if they would do a cheaper method to Canada and they came back with
"After we get through processing our US orders, we will ship to Canada for $25.00"
On the hunt for...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Glad Spyderco is not isolationist. I love my Japanese knives and hope to try some from Taiwan and maybe China at some point. YMMV
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I'm sure they really don't care at all, but I'll be going elsewhere for scales. There are a few others I'm looking at...might even try some of my own!
On the hunt for...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

DeathBySnooSnoo wrote:I'm sure they really don't care at all, but I'll be going elsewhere for scales. There are a few others I'm looking at...might even try some of my own!
It'll be interesting to see what you come up with -- hope you'll post a shot.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Halpern Ti

Post by Halpern Ti »

Thanks for hanging in with us getting out the last batch of mules. We hired Sue to take care of our backlog and created her own mules@halperntitanium.com email address.
We are out of some colors but we still have a good inventory. We plan on a new run to restock some colors the middle to end of October.

Thanks for the orders.
Marianne Halpern
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Halpern Ti wrote:Thanks for hanging in with us getting out the last batch of mules. We hired Sue to take care of our backlog and created her own mules@halperntitanium.com email address.
We are out of some colors but we still have a good inventory. We plan on a new run to restock some colors the middle to end of October.

Thanks for the orders.
Marianne Halpern
Thanks Marianne. If you want to send me a new inventory update when you have one, I will replace the one in my original post of this thread. This way we keep the information current.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Halpern Ti wrote:Thanks for hanging in with us getting out the last batch of mules. We hired Sue to take care of our backlog and created her own mules@halperntitanium.com email address.

Thanks for the orders.
Marianne Halpern
Thank you Marianne and Sue from all of us Mule lovers (wait... that doesn't quite sound right ;) )! Halpern makes a great product available to a likely fairly small buying group for a company I'm sure used to bigger projects, plus at a great price. I'll be buying some blue and orange when you have them back in stock, and I'd bet you'd have another winner if you could perhaps sell your option 5 scales at half thickness but still full width, so we can use them as colored spacers sandwiched between the blade and a full option 5 outer scale. I think that would look so great and you guys would be the best to pull that off with the highest quality. Please think about it and let us know! Many thanks again!! Paul in NY (you shipped me two more sets today, can't wait!) :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
RadioactiveSpyder

September 2013 Inventory Update

I cleared posting this info with Marianne, and figured it would be helpful for folks to know what Halpern currently has in stock:

Thanks to Sue at Halpern for the updated numbers. :)

No luck BTW with my request for get the half-thickness option 5's to use as spacers. They replied that the scales would be too thin and would likely snap in their machines. It was worth a shot at least!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

Does anyone know where you can purchase Mule Teams?
Bill1170

Post by Bill1170 »

Jan, you buy the Mule Team knives from Spyderco Factory Outlet in Golden, CO, USA, Earth. Call them to see if any are available for sale, as the runs tend to sell out.
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

Bill1170 wrote:Jan, you buy the Mule Team knives from Spyderco Factory Outlet in Golden, CO, USA, Earth. Call them to see if any are available for sale, as the runs tend to sell out.
Thank you, Bill.
RadioactiveSpyder

Hi everyone, anyone know if Halpern is still in business??? No response to email and calling the phone number gives an eerie fast busy signal. Anyone have any info? I need more scales!
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Hi everyone, anyone know if Halpern is still in business??? No response to email and calling the phone number gives an eerie fast busy signal. Anyone have any info? I need more scales!
I just got an email from them a few days ago. Still in business, but very low on mule scales.
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
RadioactiveSpyder

Great, good to hear that! I sent an email Monday, but was more concerned that when I tried to call throughout the day today, I kept getting the weird busy signal (as in the phone is no longer connected). I'll be patient. They do mention a few posts earlier that they'd be making more in October, that's what I was hoping for, plus I'm sure another Mule is not far from being released in the next few months.
HalpernTi

Post by HalpernTi »

Definitely in business! If you're still in the mule handle market, we are stocked and have a brand new web page for mules and Swick handles. Transactions with on line cc are now available. Everything listed is in stock.
Spread the Wed- we are ready!
Marianne Halpern
Don W

Post by Don W »

Marianne I have not been able to use your website to order. It wont let register. I tried calling the 888 number and the local number about 130 pm EST and got no answer.
Are there any tricks on purchasing online without registering?
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

Don W wrote:Marianne I have not been able to use your website to order. It wont let register. I tried calling the 888 number and the local number about 130 pm EST and got no answer.
Are there any tricks on purchasing online without registering?
Same here! Cannot register on your site to order your scales! :(
arjay18

Post by arjay18 »

Are the prices posted the correct? Just visited their site and it seems they raised prices. :(
HalpernTi

Web site for mules

Post by HalpernTi »

eric m. wrote:Same here! Cannot register on your site to order your scales! :(
Two instances of not being able to register. Please tell me the message you got so I can forward to IT. It's hard to know how to fix individual problems. You can order directly.
Yes, the prices are right. To take this project to this level with its own shopping cart was a large commitment for us. To maintain the project as a priduction machine shop, we had to increase our prices.
I hope you can appreciate our reality.
Marianne
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

arjay18 wrote:Are the prices posted the correct? Just visited their site and it seems they raised prices. :(
The prices look like they have gone up. Cost of upgrading their site likely had something to do with it.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*