Halpern Swick Handles

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
defenestrate

Post by defenestrate »

I like the SPOT coverage but would lean toward low-profile and not skelwtonized. covering the Perrin index hole would cause a problem for most sheaths unless custom made for the scales. A light tweed texture CF and black or orange or maybe a deep blue G10 or a nice looking dymondwood would all be good by me.
-
Happy, Happy, Happy! Peel, Peel, Peel!
ohcyclist

Post by ohcyclist »

I would be in for a couple of sets. Blue, Black, Carbon fiber all sound good. Agree they should be thin, and I would generally prefer less coverage to save weight and ensure sheath compatibility.
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Sal asked me to shoot and post a photo of the Swick that he had done by SheathPro. The scales are hardwood (rosewood, I believe) with mosaic brass pins. The Boltaron sheath is also SheathPro's handiwork, and is an excellent turnkey sheath solution for the Swick.

The scales fill the hand nicely, but keep the weight very manageable at 2.5 ounces for the knife alone, 3.3 with the sheath. The sheath is available with a G-Clip or neck/static cord, with ball chains coming soon. Sheath retention is excellent, indexing on the Perrin hole, and perfectly suited to inverted neck-knife carry.

[ATTACH]23086[/ATTACH]

Stay safe,

Mike
Attachments
Sals Swick 2.jpg
Michael Janich
Spyderco Special Projects Coordinator
Founder and Lead Instructor, Martial Blade Concepts
sal

Post by sal »

Thanx much Mike.

sal
N. Brian Huegel

Post by N. Brian Huegel »

Looks like Bubinga rosewood to me. Beautiful!
brian
http://www.countryknives.com

Being vigilant in the world of sharp one edge at a time.
dogrunner

Post by dogrunner »

Like this - flat/low profile with rounded edges, but G10, black or dark earth brown. I'd buy orange too if available. Not skeletonized like the old spot, but don't cover the perrin hole.

I'll take one in black, one brown, one orange :) That way when the drop point version comes out I'll already have scales for it too.
Thanks to HT for supporting spyderco projects like this.
Michael Janich wrote:Sal asked me to shoot and post a photo of the Swick that he had done by SheathPro. The scales are hardwood (rosewood, I believe) with mosaic brass pins. The Boltaron sheath is also SheathPro's handiwork, and is an excellent turnkey sheath solution for the Swick.

The scales fill the hand nicely, but keep the weight very manageable at 2.5 ounces for the knife alone, 3.3 with the sheath. The sheath is available with a G-Clip or neck/static cord, with ball chains coming soon. Sheath retention is excellent, indexing on the Perrin hole, and perfectly suited to inverted neck-knife carry.

[ATTACH]23086[/ATTACH]

Stay safe,

Mike
SeaxyBeast

Post by SeaxyBeast »

Hi, Marianne-

Agree with those who have suggested minimal coverage of the Perrin hole, (to work with more sheath options), and lower profile materials. My guess is that your potential buyers would opt for either high-vis scales that would make an outdoor knife easier to spot or would want something low-vis that draws less attention in a more urban environment. Some would likely buy one of each.

I'd probably opt for basic black in a lightly textured g-10.
shu

Post by shu »

I would snap up a set in orange.

But would settle for black.
GLOCKCRAZZ

Post by GLOCKCRAZZ »

Flat scales in black would be my choice.

Bayoucustomsheaths
Holland

Post by Holland »

Looks like an awesome set up you have there Sal
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Halpern Ti

Post by Halpern Ti »

Swick handles will be ready to order tomorrow afternoon.
The web site will allow you to complete the transaction with any cc right on our newly secure site.
You'll get a notification of your order and a USPS tracking number when ts shipped. We'll ship as fast a possible but the first week on our new site should be crazy!
We have blue, black, orange and carbon. We are including an Emory board in case you want to make. Few tweaks.
Enjoy the Super Bowl

Marianne Halpern
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

This is great news for all Swick and Mule owners. Marianne thank you for your companies continued support of the Mule project and Swick line. With the new Mule MT18 on Wednesday I'm sure your going to be busy.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Thanks for the update Marianne. I already have my cart full and the website looks great BTW.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Mike157

Post by Mike157 »

The new Halpern Titanium site is nice. I'm going for their new Dymondwood Rosewood Mule handle and a carbon fiber Swick handle. Mike
Invective

Post by Invective »

Awesome, glad you got the site up and running. Will definitely be picking up a few sets for the S110V and my Swick!

Also, I was wondering, have you guys ever thought about doing an Arctic Camo G-10 scale? I would be super interested in a set or two of those!
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

The site looks great, nice job. I noticed that the mule handles mention that the mounting hardware is included, but it doesn't say the same for the swick scales. Do the swick scales include hardware?

Does anyone have any idea in the weight difference between the G10 and the carbon finer scales?
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Invective wrote:Also, I was wondering, have you guys ever thought about doing an Arctic Camo G-10 scale? I would be super interested in a set or two of those!
I too would like some Arctic Camo G-10
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Nice variety of handle colors for the Swick and Mules. I only wish there were better pictures of all the Mule handles, as the big group photo makes it difficult to see what one is really getting as far as color, pattern and texture is concerned.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

jabba359 wrote:Nice variety of handle colors for the Swick and Mules. I only wish there were better pictures of all the Mule handles, as the big group photo makes it difficult to see what one is really getting as far as color, pattern and texture is concerned.
Agreed
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390

@liquid_cobra
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Still waiting on an answer to my question above. Do the Swick scales come with hardware or not? I'm trying to place my order but I'm not going to until I know what I need to order here. Help.

@liquid_cobra