Green Tenacious Returns

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Green Tenacious Returns

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Looks like these are coming soon. Just a heads up for anyone interested.

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-T ... ife--11301
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Holland

Post by Holland »

Thanks for the heads up! :)
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Nice good looking out I really want one of these bad.
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
Revival

Post by Revival »

Defintely wouldnt mind one of these. Thanks for the heads up.
BronislovasLTU

Post by BronislovasLTU »

Look at this beauty. :)

My first Spyderco. Here are with black blades swap.
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

Very nice looking!
Blackhawk30

Post by Blackhawk30 »

Green and black.Looks sharp.I'll have to pick one up.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

FWIW, I like the Tenacious green better than the PM2 green.
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

I didn't see anything in that product description that states it is being re-released? Considering that BladeHQ still has similar listings for sprint runs such as the cru-wear Military, brown S35VN PM2, black CF and orange G10 Dodo's, Bob Lum Tanto, Aqua Salt's, etc. Even for those discontinued items, they still have the "Email me when it is in stock" button.

I vaguely recall a post sometime ago about the possible return of the green Tenacious, but I wouldn't take BHQ's product description as an indication that it is imminent.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

rodloos wrote:I didn't see anything in that product description that states it is being re-released? Considering that BladeHQ still has similar listings for sprint runs such as the cru-wear Military, brown S35VN PM2, black CF and orange G10 Dodo's, Bob Lum Tanto, Aqua Salt's, etc. Even for those discontinued items, they still have the "Email me when it is in stock" button.

I vaguely recall a post sometime ago about the possible return of the green Tenacious, but I wouldn't take BHQ's product description as an indication that it is imminent.
Sal mentioned back in November this:

The green Tenacious was made as an exclusive for a distributor. They have ordered another run which should be out soon.

sal
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

Those are pretty... Just in time too! I've been inching towards another Tenacious lately, and this looks as though it may be the push I needed to take the dive.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I like that green also. I had it, very nice but I already had a user black one so I eventually passed it along.

I'll revisit the awesome Tenacious when it gets a better steel.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

BQ says OoS...did they even go on sale yet? May have to pick one up for garage duty.
DougC-3

Green Tenacious with combination blade on sale as of Fri 24 Jan atbhq]]]]

Post by DougC-3 »

This is from an email I got from Blade HQ about 7:00 AM Friday. The only model they have in stock at the moment has the PS blade, plain-serrate combination. I had planned to get the plain edge, but decided this one's really better for what I have in mind, yard work, garden, maybe car door pocket, so I ordered it :) I think I read somewhere a few months back that their option was just for 400 more, so it might be prudent to act with haste :p :

"The following items are now in stock and ready for purchase:

BHQ-11302 Spyderco Tenacious Folding Knife Green G-10 (3.375" Satin Serr) C122GPSGR $41.95
http://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-T ... ife--11302"

The Tenacious would probably have been my first Spyderco, but I was tired of right-handed linerlocks and went for the ambidextrous Manix instead. Since then I've learned that some spydie linerlocks can easily be closed left handed, like the millie, and others, the "Tenacious series" can be with a little more difficulty.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Green Tenacious with combination blade on sale as of Fri 24 Jan at BHQ

Post by DougC-3 »

This is from an email I got from Blade HQ about 7:00 AM Friday. The only model they have in stock at the moment has the PS blade, plain-serrate combination. I had planned to get the plain edge, but decided this one's really better for what I have in mind, yard work, garden, maybe car door pocket, so I ordered it :) I think I read somewhere a few months back that their option was just for 400 more, so it might be prudent to act with haste :p :

"The following items are now in stock and ready for purchase:

BHQ-11302 Spyderco Tenacious Folding Knife Green G-10 (3.375" Satin Serr) C122GPSGR $41.95
http://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-T ... ife--11302"

The Tenacious would probably have been my first Spyderco, but I was tired of right-handed linerlocks and went for the ambidextrous Manix instead. Since then I've learned that some spydie linerlocks can easily be closed left handed, like the millie, and others, the "Tenacious series" can be, with a little more difficulty.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Niles

Post by Niles »

Out of stock already?
Do no harm. Do know harm.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Niles wrote:Out of stock already?
My email from BHQ only mentioned the ones with a part serrate blade, so I don't think the plain edge knives have got in stock yet, and they still have the PS, combination model. I think they just have the annoying habit of saying something is out of stock when it just hasn't arrived yet... well, since they had the PE in before in this case, when the first run was shipped, I guess they're accurate when they say out of stock.
gogators1

Post by gogators1 »

Just received notice they are in stock. One successfully ordered. Thanks for the heads up. Love that green.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Can someone post a link? Their site is frustrating.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

http://www.bladehq.com/item--Spyderco-T ... ife--11301

Mine, with part serrate blade arrived yesterday after 2-day weather delay. The green is nifty... between OD and green PM2.

Edit: To me it looks like olive drab cloth "straight from the supply room" in incandescent light and with a little more green zing to it in full sunlight.