This year join the NRA

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
RanCoWeAla

This year join the NRA

Post by RanCoWeAla »

This may be our last chance to try and preserve our freedom
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I am trying to move funds around to be able to make "Life Member" status in 2014
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
chuckd

Post by chuckd »

A few weeks ago I added a couple years to my membership.
So many spydies, not enough pockets.

"No one else could ever be admitted here, since this gate was made only for you. I am now going to shut it." Before the Law, Franz Kafka

Spydernation #1990
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

I've been a continuous member for about 23 years now, ever since getting out of the military. I should have got a life membership a long time ago. I would have just started to break even! Now I renew at the annual gun show back here in March every year. The only organization with the political clout standing for the law abiding little guys! :)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Been a Life Member for going on 50 years.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

Congratulations to all. I also am a life member and have been for several years now. I had been a regular member and a few years ago got this special promotional deal in the mail right before Christmas where you could get a life membership for $500 so I jumped on it. However in the last year I have seen life memberships for as little as $300 so for those of you wanting to upgrade just keep a close watch and you might land a deal like that.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

RanCoWeAla wrote:Congratulations to all. I also am a life member and have been for several years now. I had been a regular member and a few years ago got this special promotional deal in the mail right before Christmas where you could get a life membership for $500 so I jumped on it. However in the last year I have seen life memberships for as little as $300 so for those of you wanting to upgrade just keep a close watch and you might land a deal like that.
Back when I got mine as a birthday gift, life memberships cost $100. Of course back then, for $100, you could get a full case (10,000 rounds) of .22 LR Standard Velocity.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

The Deacon wrote:Back when I got mine as a birthday gift, life memberships cost $100. Of course back then, for $100, you could get a full case (10,000 rounds) of .22 LR Standard Velocity.
LOL,......now that will almost buy you 1,000 rounds of CCI .22 LR 1080fps. What a change we go thru.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

RanCoWeAla wrote:However in the last year I have seen life memberships for as little as $300 so for those of you wanting to upgrade just keep a close watch and you might land a deal like that.
Yeah, if anyone sees good deals, post 'em up.

I just renewed @5 years but I'd convert that if they do another great deal.

Ken
玉鋼
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

kbuzbee wrote:Yeah, if anyone sees good deals, post 'em up.

I just renewed @5 years but I'd convert that if they do another great deal.

Ken
If I see anything myself I will defimitely post it.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Both my wife and I have been members for the past several years. (The same is true for many of my family members). I think we'll eventually look into the life membership. It certainly goes to a great cause. :)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I called the NRA this morning but got a recording that said they are closed today because of extreme weather conditions. I was going to see if they had any special membership offers going on right now or knew of any in the near future. I know you can do a life membership in monthly payments only not sure if they will let you do the specials like the $300 in payments or not.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

The Deacon wrote:Back when I got mine as a birthday gift, life memberships cost $100. Of course back then, for $100, you could get a full case (10,000 rounds) of .22 LR Standard Velocity.
Paul,

Do you mean they actually had .22's way back then? :p :D ;)
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Spydersense

Post by Spydersense »

I've got a 5 year membership right now. When that runs out, I will upgrade to lifetime.
TheRaven

Post by TheRaven »

RanCoWeAla wrote:This may be our last chance to try and preserve our freedom
Best as I can tell, our 2nd amendment rights are being ever so slowly eroded out of existence.

That said, I am a life member.
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

I finally got through to the NRA this morning after staying on hold for about ten minutes but I hope thats a good sign that maybe lots of people are joining.
Actually, they do have specials going on right now until the end of the month.

Lifetime for anyone is Five Hundred until the end of the month.
If you are over sixty five or a disabled Veteran Lifetime is three seventy five.

I think she said that was all one single payment. They don't do the payment plan on specials.

The number: 800-672-3888
You also get a Gun Magazine or Hunting Magazine whichever you choose every month for the rest of your life which is worth the cost of a Life Membership.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

eric m. wrote:I've been a continuous member for about 23 years now, ever since getting out of the military. I should have got a life membership a long time ago. I would have just started to break even! Now I renew at the annual gun show back here in March every year. The only organization with the political clout standing for the law abiding little guys! :)
This brings up a point that's important to a lot of organizations. While life membership is great for members who have a continuing interest in the organization and its objectives, it's terrible for organizations that depend to any meaningful extent on membership dues.
StuntZombie

Post by StuntZombie »

RanCoWeAla wrote:This may be our last chance to try and preserve our freedom
Why is that, exactly?
Chris

Haves: Lava, Delica 4 Sante Fe Stoneworks, Spy-DK x2,

Just say NO to lined FRN
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

Been renewing every year. Too poor to swing a life membership
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE