Did you guys see this??

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tonydahose

Did you guys see this??

Post by tonydahose »

WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

$223.95 for the new Firefly? This was on my short list, but will have to wait until funding is available. I can't wait to hear about 1st impressions of this knife.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

I like the Tatanka, the Firefly, the Roc, and the SB Stretch. I have a shortage of funds right now, sadly.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

We do get an idea how much the newbies will be going for but for Spydies, I use other dealers even though they provide great service. The $15 to $30 price difference compared to other dealers is enough to make me go elsewhere.

They provide the most preorders which is good, even though it's never a guaranteed thing I have learned. I'm hoping they dont change the price on one of my ZT preorders... $250 for the M390 801CF. Anyone remember when they had the CF S110v Native5 on preorder for $127? *grin* Over the top example but still, I had to cancel because they changed it.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I'm in for a Kiwi 4 and that black Southard. Probably won't preorder though.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I see lots of fair priced and exciting buys in my 2014 future. Kiwi 4, Roc, Tusk, all the Clipitools, the remaining Superblues, Worker and Spy-DK. All pricing seemed where I was anticipating.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

I feel like I've read a lot of horror stories about pre-ordering from knife center. Are there any other places which are more reliable for pre-orders?
tap78

Post by tap78 »

Those prices are sick... I'm glad that I have all I've wanted...
My spyder:'s: Military Camo, Paramilitary 2 CTS-XHP Orange, Paramilitary 2 CTS-204P Green, Endura 4 ZDP-189 ComboEdge BRG, Endura 4 ZDP-189 FFG BRG, Manix 2 Lightweight Blue, Caly 3 G-10, Salt 1 Yellow SE C88SYL, Ulize, Manix I C95, Manix 2 XL S90v CF, Delica 4 CE Black C11PCBBK, Manix 2 154CM, Military All Black C36GPBK, Stretch SE C90SBK Black FRN, Caly3 CF ZDP-189/420J2, Sage 3 BoltLock CF, Gayle Bradley C134CFP, Squarehead C193TIP, Pacific Salt Yellow SE C91SYL, Pacific Salt Black C91PBK, Ladybug 3 Salt LYL3, Stretch CF ZDP-189 C90CF, Lum Large Chinese Folder C143G, Perrin Street Bowie FB04PBB, Mantra Titanium C202TI, Farid K-2 Titanium C185TI, Para 3 C223GPGYCW Para 3 Cruwear
knolan

Post by knolan »

I recvd' KC's email as well. I guess I didn't initially notice it in the 2014 catalog but was surprised to see so many $200 to over $300 (dealer pricing) knives with VG10. I've never been a huge fan of this steel even in $50/$100 folders but this new price range/structure seems more than excessive.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Very cool to see them all displayed on one page for window-shopping :) Still, Knife Center's ability to fulfill preorders is a coin toss as are the preliminary prices; At least if history repeats itself. I'll probably lurk and strike when they hit the shelves.
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

Syncharmony wrote:I feel like I've read a lot of horror stories about pre-ordering from knife center. Are there any other places which are more reliable for pre-orders?
I have never had a problem with KC for a pre-order. Pre-orders in general can be somewhat dicey for a variety of reasons. Some vendors won't offer them anymore due to the pitfalls (i.e. sometimes I think that the vendors don't receive as many of the item as they had originally hoped and end up having to cancel orders). Overall I've been pretty fortunate on the pre-orders I have placed, with KC and other vendors.
paladin

Post by paladin »

Blerv wrote:Very cool to see them all displayed on one page for window-shopping :) Still, Knife Center's ability to fulfill preorders is a coin toss as are the preliminary prices; At least if history repeats itself. I'll probably lurk and strike when they hit the shelves.
+1 this
What is truth? Pontius Pilate
gbelleh

Post by gbelleh »

Blerv wrote:Very cool to see them all displayed on one page for window-shopping :) Still, Knife Center's ability to fulfill preorders is a coin toss as are the preliminary prices; At least if history repeats itself. I'll probably lurk and strike when they hit the shelves.
National Knives' "COMING SOON" page is also a good place to see what's on the way (and priced a little more reasonably).
:bug-red-white
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

There was a discussion of the KC 2014 pricing not too long ago:

http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... dels/page2
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

gbelleh wrote:National Knives' "COMING SOON" page is also a good place to see what's on the way (and priced a little more reasonably).
Yea I love National Knives :) . Purchased from them about 2 years ago and didn't know what to make of it but they handle sprints extremely fair; it's how I got an orange Dodo once my preorder failed elsewhere. Some highly demanded items they put purchase limits per Paypal account.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

gbelleh wrote:National Knives' "COMING SOON" page is also a good place to see what's on the way (and priced a little more reasonably).
Thanks for sharing that. Much prefer dealing with NK!
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Blerv wrote:Knife Center's ability to fulfill preorders is a coin toss ...
They haven't come through with the preorder that I placed 8 months ago so I'm not in a hurry to place another preorder.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I've got to say that the prices are really not great at all for most these new knives.

I think that I am going to limit myself to just a couple this year. There aren't too many that totally wow me anyway.

Also, notice that they have the friction folder up even though Sal has said that it isn't happening...
On the hunt for...
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

I got this email too. What really suprised me was the pre order for the red handled fixed Lum tanto. This was a sprint run that sold out in most places by early July. I didn't think spyderco was even making any more of these.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Got the email too, Tony, but I guess I'll have to wait for a more egalitarian dealer to sell me the one I'm most interested in. ;)
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!