Dragonfly 2 Super blue

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JerryIsAlive

Dragonfly 2 Super blue

Post by JerryIsAlive »

I'm excited about this one. I want a new dragonfly and think I will hold out until this is released instead of grabbing a G10 model. Are you excited for the dragonfly w super blue?
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

Exceptionally so!
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

I will be snapping up a couple of these, one of which will be promptly transplanted into a G10 donor. I can't think of a better combo than the Super Blue and G10, just hope I can keep my wife from stealing it.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
Donut

Post by Donut »

Ferris Wheels wrote:I can't think of a better combo than the Super Blue and G10, just hope I can keep my wife from stealing it.
You mean as opposed to the Caly 3 and 3.5?
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Holland

Post by Holland »

i cant wait for this to come! and making a frenkenspydie with g10 and sb would be epic indeed
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

It would, but then you'd be looking at a $150+ knife
Holland wrote:i cant wait for this to come! and making a frenkenspydie with g10 and sb would be epic indeed
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

SB Dfly will be killer, also ready for the SB Manbug. Now that one you could swap into a grey G10 Manbug frame and have a properly color-coded G10 match for your SB Caly! Oh yes! Nearly the same blade length as a Dfly, the color matches right (if you know my posts, I'm big on that) and you get SS bolsters to boot. Been waiting for these for a while!
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I have the money already set aside, just waiting to click "add to cart"
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

JerryIsAlive wrote:It would, but then you'd be looking at a $150+ knife
Re-gift the VG-10/Gray FRN version created from the parts of the Frankenspyder to a friend or family member. Boom, one less present to buy and they get to enjoy a great knife and you get your Frankenspdyer!

This MAY be my plan....
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

Donut wrote:You mean as opposed to the Caly 3 and 3.5?
I have a SB Caly 3.5 and CF/ZCP Caly 3 which are both great knives and I carry them in spurts. The knife that has been dominating pocket time lately though is an H1 Dragonfly and the wife has a G10 Dragonfly which she carries everywhere. I will admit that I am a little jealous of her G10 Dragonfly and looking to upgrade mine. A frankenfly would be just the ticket for me as I like the additional heft of the G10 and full liners.
Current :spyder: : Para2's Brown, Blue & Orange, Etched Spin, CF Caly3 ZDP189, Gayle Bradley, UKPK Orange G10, Manix2 M4, Sage 1, Caly 3.5 in Super Blue, Urban Orange G10
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

Still torn between g10 and super blue. If super blue doesn't come out soonish, I'll prob cave w the g10
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Ferris Wheels wrote:I have a SB Caly 3.5 and CF/ZCP Caly 3 which are both great knives and I carry them in spurts. The knife that has been dominating pocket time lately though is an H1 Dragonfly and the wife has a G10 Dragonfly which she carries everywhere. I will admit that I am a little jealous of her G10 Dragonfly and looking to upgrade mine. A frankenfly would be just the ticket for me as I like the additional heft of the G10 and full liners.
I would be jealous as well. The G-10 Dfly was the first foliage G-10 I owned and you would likely need to pry it from my cold dead fingers to get me to give it up.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Ferris Wheels

Post by Ferris Wheels »

xceptnl wrote:I would be jealous as well. The G-10 Dfly was the first foliage G-10 I owned and you would likely need to pry it from my cold dead fingers to get me to give it up.
While I am certainly envious, it puts a big old smile on my face every time she pulls out that dragonfly and uses it. This one is a little extra special too because I purchased it from Sal himself at the OKCA show.
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

JerryIsAlive wrote:Still torn between g10 and super blue. If super blue doesn't come out soonish, I'll prob cave w the g10
This question will be the bane of me
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I have a set of G-10 Cuscadi scales sitting in my drawer waiting for Super Blue Dragonfly. :)
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

I put the SB D'fly on pre-order this morning. Anyone else? No idea when it will be released though.

Jack
TSchloz

Post by TSchloz »

jackknifeh wrote:I put the SB D'fly on pre-order this morning. Anyone else? No idea when it will be released though.

Jack
I put one on pre-order the other day. I have no idea when it will be released.

Tom
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

jackknifeh wrote:I put the SB D'fly on pre-order this morning. Anyone else? No idea when it will be released though.

Jack
Where did you pre-order?
Current EDC rotation: Southard, Paramilitary 2, Sage 1, G10 DF2, Techno

On deck: Military, Caly 3.5, Air

Wish List: M4 Military, S90V PM2, Superblue Caly 3.5, G-10 Jester
JerryIsAlive

Post by JerryIsAlive »

It seems everyone and their mother has a pre-order through KC as it seems they are the only ones taking pre-orders. I cancelled mine and will just try for one when they drop.
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Syncharmony wrote:Where did you pre-order?
Knife Center

Jack