CRK Sebenza 21 owners- a few questions for ya

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I have a small 21 with ebony inlay and a Large Insingo with Micarta on the way. I like the small but am very anxious to see and feel the large and also the Insingo as the small is a little small for my tastes. I like the inlay models, it thickens up the handle a bit. What can you say about Chris Reeve knives, you do pay a premium for them but they are really beautiful classic designs that are superbly engineered. Nothing to loose by trying one if you don't like it you can sell it very easily and quickly for very close to what you paid for it.
labixiaoxin

Post by labixiaoxin »

The most interesting and excited holiday is Halloween, and many dealers also want to find cheap Halloween costumes for the season sale. Why not consider dear-lover.com or shiyingsexylingerie.com? They are experts on manufacture and wholesale Halloween costumes.
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

I'm definitely going with the 21 but I think I'm gonna wait til after Christmas and see what I can snag..one more question, I'm not a big lanyard guy so I would be taking mine off. I've heard people say that the lanyard holder once put back in the frame, rattles a little and can even fall out.. Is this typical? And if so what's an easy fix for it?
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

Found this this small sebenza on bladehq and it's one of the sexier sebenzas I've seen. The darkened frame edges, lock and pocket clip really do it for me with the CF accent and ladder damascus blade.

Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Yeah the cf inlays are a bhq exclusive I believe. Beautiful for sure!
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Oh and by the way, syncharmony, the spots aren't necessarily darkened, they're bead blasted and the rest of the scale is polished to a brighter shine. But I agree that accent on the piece looks great!
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I am expanding my Sebenza family this year this one should be here tomorrow from TNK, then comes the long wait till Christmas day...can't wait, first large, first Insingo, first Micarta seb

Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

DRKBC wrote:I am expanding my Sebenza family this year this one should be here tomorrow from TNK, then comes the long wait till Christmas day...can't wait, first large, first Insingo, first Micarta seb

Very nice! I went back and forth on the insingo or traditional drop point. I really dig the shape of the insingo but the drop point (or maybe it's clip point, I can't remember what they call it)is more my style and more conducive to my needs as an EDC
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Man, I really love the blade shape on the Insingo... That is nice!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I am interested to get it for sure. I have an inlayed small 21 already but I find it a little too small. I have never seen (other than in photos) let alone handled a large Sebenza or an Insingo so I am excited. I also went back and forth on the blade shape as I love the blade on my current 21 but I like sheepsfoot blade and I think they have done a really cool job on this one. Did you decide on a size yet Kev83?
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Definitely the large DRKBC
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Kev83 wrote:Definitely the large DRKBC
Good call.
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Is it safe to say that most crk 21s come with about 60-75% lockup from factory?
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I think 50 to 75 percent, both of mine came new at about 50 percent. Have you watched this video? The interviewer can drive you a little crazy but there is a lot of great information in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZGb-juKPlU
Kev83

Post by Kev83 »

Yeah I have seen that video. Lots of good info and history on CRK. For an update I actually did get my plain large 21 at Christmas and I'm loving it!
dialex

Post by dialex »

I tried to like the Sebbie, I really did. I ended by getting myself a small Sebbie - beautiful knife, simple and elegant. Also handy and comfortable. And yet... the poor thing never managed to grow on me or make it to the EDC status. :(
I guess if I only could make some small design adjustments - the most important one being to move the stop pin a few milimeters forward - it could have become one of my most cherished knives.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I agree with the placement of the stop pin. I suspect I'm just too used to Spydercos and their ease of deployment. I still like my CRK blades, but do wish they had a Spyder-hole.
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

DRKBC wrote:I have a small 21 with ebony inlay and a Large Insingo with Micarta on the way. I like the small but am very anxious to see and feel the large and also the Insingo as the small is a little small for my tastes. I like the inlay models, it thickens up the handle a bit. What can you say about Chris Reeve knives, you do pay a premium for them but they are really beautiful classic designs that are superbly engineered. Nothing to loose by trying one if you don't like it you can sell it very easily and quickly for very close to what you paid for it.
Too many Spydercos to buy first, but you are right about the resale thing! You would not lose much! :)