Stretch retires endura?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
iyn

Stretch retires endura?

Post by iyn »

Since I started carrying 2 knives, the stretch has been carried the most as my bigger blade and my endura gets left home. Has anyone had their stretch "retire" their endura?
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Never owned an Endura but I can understand why. I've handled and used a few and they just don't compare to the Stretch IMO. As far as lock backs go, I don't think you can do much better than a Stretch, Caly 3/3.5 or a Centofante 3/4. Maybe the Police or Ulize if you want a longer blade. The Ulize is a really sweet knife that's very under appreciated.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

I pretty much had that experience, although my Endura had already been 'semi-retired' by my Manix 2 LW. I find that this knife and the stretch both achieve a very happy medium between the Delica and the Endura, and have better ergonomics to boot.
Regards,
Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18
Donut

Post by Donut »

For a while I like carrying the Stretch more, but I've gone back to the Endura. There's something about the thin profile in pocket and the shorter from edge to spine height, that I prefer.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I bounce between a Stretch and Delica quite a bit. Bought a bunch of Endura trainers once and just didn't like them. I would probably go with a Caly3.5 if looking for max pocket space and blade length.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

In my case no. While the Stretch is my favorite folder overall as I always claim (over much fancier, higher regarded knives that I own), the Endura still gets plenty of carry and use. I find its extra length to be useful in food prep and even as a steak knife and its slimmer profile fits better when Im wearing pants with narrower pockets such as sweats. These are both great designs light, and strong- theres room for both and I'll take them over 99.9% of other folders in the market.
tradja

Post by tradja »

I love the Stretch but once I picked up a FFG FRN Endura about a year ago, the Stretch was off to the BOB. As others have said, I like the extra length and slim profile of the Endura. Now if there was such a thing as a FRN Police 3 (not holding breath), it would probably bump the Endura out in a similar fashion.
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

The Stretch has a great handle shape, but I've never liked the blade shape. I much prefer the Endura.
gijoe945

Post by gijoe945 »

The Ulize outdoes them.
jtoler_9

Post by jtoler_9 »

I still can't seem to justify pulling the trigger on a Stretch. For me it's the price bump over the Endura and Delica line. I would rather save the money and stick with the Delica or Endura. Even if the Stretch has better ergo's than the other 2, I have yet to feel like I am being cheated in the ergo depatment when I use my delica. I can't think of a single thing I would cut during my day to day with a stretch that my delica couldn't handle just as well.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

WireEdge Roger wrote:The Stretch has a great handle shape, but I've never liked the blade shape. I much prefer the Endura.
+1
_centurio_

Post by _centurio_ »

I own 3x Endura and 2x Stretch. In my opinion the ergonomics on the Stretch are better than on the Endura - I also like the blade shape of the Stretch way more.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

jtoler_9 wrote:I still can't seem to justify pulling the trigger on a Stretch. For me it's the price bump over the Endura and Delica line. I would rather save the money and stick with the Delica or Endura. Even if the Stretch has better ergo's than the other 2, I have yet to feel like I am being cheated in the ergo depatment when I use my delica. I can't think of a single thing I would cut during my day to day with a stretch that my delica couldn't handle just as well.
I think that's true for any knife in the catalog that has a similarly sized blade. While it's true, what's the fun in that? :D

For me, the ergonomics for the Delica/Endura just don't do it. You're fortunate that they fit your hand. Once you really get a taste for that "just right" feeling in your hand, it does get more expensive when you start to pursue it.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

This thread really makes me want to buy a stretch....
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I have never used an Endura, but I can speak to the Stretch..... it's tops in my book

sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

I first purchased a Stretch FRN and never desired an Endura! I bought a Delica4 Frn after that and though I liked it for it's size, the handle shape was a little too small. The stretch fit my hand like a glove! In addition, I love the blade shape of the stretch! The Endura does nothing for me. :D
TheChunk91

Post by TheChunk91 »

I think the stretch 2 is design perfection as far as ergonomics and usability, much like the para 2. My endura still gets its turn of pocket time, not as much as the stretch i'll admit but nothing else gets the amount of pocket time as my golden spydies anyways.
Gerard Breuker

Post by Gerard Breuker »

CF Stretch did retire all other knives for a long time and remains my main EDC still. Like and use my Endura once in a while for somewhat rougher jobs and lending to others.
Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Perhaps, but when I can buy a Super Blue Stretch.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.
iyn

Post by iyn »

Wow! FRN police 3. That sounds like winner.