Hello Everyone

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
raven

Hello Everyone

Post by raven »

Hey All, Just thought I give you all a shout and say "Hello" ;) . It's been a Really Long while since i last posted here ... Yeah, I know :rolleyes: .

It's been crazy here in SC since I left Good Ole Colorado :( . It was really hard for me to handle the change... Major Culture Shock :eek: . I'm finally getting used to it here, but I Still Miss My Colorado and Mountains :) .

No matter how long I may be away from here, I always manage to find my way back and I always find myself missing the forumites here and the "Old Crew". Not sure how many of the "Old Crew" is still around??? I notice there are a Ton of new members I don't recognize. To the New Members that don't know who I am... "Hello" :) ... I'm "raven" and one of the older members. It looks like I have some catching up to do. Thanks for listening, Take Very Good Care, and Be Safe Always.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Good to hear from an old brother. :)
- best wishes, Jazz.
araneae

Post by araneae »

Hey Gil, welcome back.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
remnar

Post by remnar »

Hello raven,

I'm fairly new to the forum, and I can definitely empathize with you about moving. Over the summer I left a small town at the foothills of the Washington Cascades and moved to an Island in the Puget Sound. Talk about culture shock. :( Hope to see more posts from you in the future. Take Care,

-remnar
SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

Hello, welcome back.

SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

I feel for ya bro, , I moved to Virginia in April and not a day goes by that I don't long to be back in Colorado.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Gil,
Good to see you back. Any new toys in your life?
Roman
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Welcome back Gil. Hear you on the "culture shock", although I have to say mine has been entirely pleasant.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
raven

Post by raven »

The Deacon wrote:Welcome back Gil. Hear you on the "culture shock", although I have to say mine has been entirely pleasant.
Hi Paul, Good to hear from you Sir :) . I honestly didn't think it would affect me much, man was I wrong :rolleyes: :o !!! I am finally getting used to the folks and can actually somewhat understand what they're saying when they talk granted that they don't talk to fast :p . From what I understand most folks don't really care for the area we live in, but that was also the case for the area I lived back in Colorado. I just roll with it and take it one day at a time :) . Take Very Good Care My Friend and Be Safe Always.

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
raven

Post by raven »

bh49 wrote:Gil,
Good to see you back. Any new toys in your life?
Roman
Hey Roman, Good to be back and hopefully I can stay a bit longer this time ;) . As far as new toys... haven't grabbed a spydie in a while. I've acquired a few other folders and these toys :D ...

Custom GA Precision "Crusader" .308.

U.S. Optics SN-3 T-PAL (3.2-17 x 44mm)

This is a sword I designed and had build by Miller Brothers Blades (this thing is a BEAST!!! :D )

Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-

SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Glad to see you again, Raven. :) It has been a long time (May perhaps?). I remember you posting about going to the annual BLADE show--did you end up going?

Anyway, glad to see you've been able to pick up a few new goodies along the way. :D The custom sword is pretty cool. Did you go with M4 perhaps?

Anyway, take care and hope to see you around (more often!) :D

-Michael
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Welcome back! That sword is pretty great :D .
raven

Post by raven »

SpyderNut wrote:Glad to see you again, Raven. :) It has been a long time (May perhaps?). I remember you posting about going to the annual BLADE show--did you end up going?

Anyway, glad to see you've been able to pick up a few new goodies along the way. :D The custom sword is pretty cool. Did you go with M4 perhaps?

Anyway, take care and hope to see you around (more often!) :D

-Michael
Hey Michael, Yeah I did make it to the Blade Show and had a great time as usual. The wife and I usually help Gus Cecchini (GTC Knives) and hang out at his table, which is just a bit down from the Spyderco Booth :) .

As for the goodies, I've actually had the rifle and scope for a while, just never got around to posting them. As for the sword, it's made from 5160 spring steel. Like I mentioned earlier, this thing is a beast. It's actually 5/16" thick... a sharpened chunk of steel :eek: :D !!!

I hope to keep up this time and post more often :p . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-

Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Welcome back, Gil! Great hearing from you again. Hope the holiday season is treating you and the family well.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Welcome back!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE