Wireclip Filler

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
this_is_nascar

Wireclip Filler

Post by this_is_nascar »

I didn't see anything posted about this, so forgive me if this has already been discussed. I'll be getting a Dragonfly-2 with G10 scales for Christmas. In addition, I'll probably be getting a Chaparral with the CF scales. On each of these knives, the side that does not have the wireclip looks very "goofy" (for lack of a better term) to me. It's not that noticeable on my black FRN Dragonfly-2, so that's never been as issue, but on these knives I don't like the looks on the non-clipped side of the scales.

Has anyone else felt the same to the point where they've found a solution, something like a filler or something else along those lines to ease the bad-looks of the spaces?
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

It's been discussed, with both holes and slots. Add extras, people don't like the look. Don't and they wish the clip could be mounted differently. Kinda 'no win' ;)

A few folks have tried filling them in with various things. One of the more interesting, one guy used tritium tubes, adding a glow point.

Ken
玉鋼
Donut

Post by Donut »

Some people fill the clip holes with glow in the dark epoxy. I'm having trouble finding pictures at the moment. =\
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Donut wrote:Some people fill the clip holes with glow in the dark epoxy. I'm having trouble finding pictures at the moment. =\
Someone just posted pics of (I think) a Tenacious that has the clip holes filled with GITD epoxy. It looked pretty cool, I would definitely consider it. Someone else on here filled the holes with black epoxy and pressed another piece of G10 into it to give it the same texture as the rest of the scale, and it blended in surprisingly well, but that was a few years ago and I'd never find the pics.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

Evil D wrote:Someone just posted pics of (I think) a Tenacious that has the clip holes filled with GITD epoxy. It looked pretty cool, I would definitely consider it. Someone else on here filled the holes with black epoxy and pressed another piece of G10 into it to give it the same texture as the rest of the scale, and it blended in surprisingly well, but that was a few years ago and I'd never find the pics.
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... -Fill-them!
http://www.spyderco.com/forums/showthre ... glow-epoxy

Do you remember which knife had the epoxy/G10 treatment on the holes?
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Yep that's it. Your search skills are superior to mine lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

The extra slots never bothered me at all, but the trit tube idea sounds kind of fun.
this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.
"The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". --- Wayne LaPierre 12/21/2012
joe58

Post by joe58 »

Yeah, that trit tube idea is pretty cool. Think that would look bad a@@
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

I wouldn't epoxy those slotd. If you ever need to change the pocket clip for any reason you will have problems! Filling extra screw holes is another matter. :confused:
JB3

Post by JB3 »

Buy a custom scale? I'm sure you could find someone to make you a CF scale without all the x-tra holes

this_is_nascar

Post by this_is_nascar »

Good suggestion.