What was your worst knife cut

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Diesel_Chick

What was your worst knife cut

Post by Diesel_Chick »

We all love to play with our knifes so that is the worst damage you have done to yourself? An what knife was it? :p
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

SpyderEdgeForever

Post by SpyderEdgeForever »

For a knife in general, not a Spyderco, I would have to go back to that experience I had in my early teens, when I discovered the sharpness of the Scandi Knives for the first time. I rubbed my finger slightly against the edge of a Fiskars-made Puukko, and it sliced down, nearly to the bone. I had to have it wrapped up and it took some time to heal.

Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Welcome to the forum. :) I usually only get nicks from Spydies, if I do. My serious cuts have all come from carving knives and at work (kitchen knives).
- best wishes, Jazz.
Holland

Post by Holland »

welcome to the forums! ive only had minor cuts from most of my spydies
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
M80

Post by M80 »

I remember cutting something with a double sided razor blade when i was young and my finger slipped went straight to the bone :eek: and I've cut my self with my zt0200 pretty bad a couple times
Sharktooth

Post by Sharktooth »

:spyder:
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Image hahahahahaahha.

ZAnyways, that was a Strider SnG vs foot. went about 14-18 mm deep.

The doctor put a band-aid on it...........

(thats one expensive band aid)

Oh, I also dont have feeling in 1/4 of my foot
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

THE HEEL OF THIS:

ROCKED INTO THE HARD PART OF THIS:

Honorable mention goes to this one (it's the blade from my signature)
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

When I was in 7th or 8th grade, don't quite remember which, but I was in home economics class and we were tasked with cooking a meal. After getting everything prepared, I sat down with a carrot and a chef's knife and proceeded to think it was fun to whittle the carrot. For some dumb reason, I thought it would be fun to try and hollow it out. Well, it went just about how you would expect something that stupid to go and the knife slipped and gave me a nice long cut along my thumb. About a inch and a half long on the inside of my knuckle and deep. I was bleeding everywhere! It didn't hurt until I ran it under water and then it hurt like crazy. I still remember the look on the teachers face as I walked up to her holding my bloody hand and asked if I could see the nurse. The stitches were way worse than the cut though, that was such a pain in the ***.
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

It was earlier this year. I managed to hit something with the point, while I was reaching under something else, and my hand slid down on the blade of a knife I was working on for my son's birthday gift. Nice used Delica with scales by Boomer, very sharp, polished a bit & ready for anything. Went about 1/4" deep and didn't even feel it, at first. This is after being wrapped up for three days. No stitches, my wife the nurse said it was too close to a crease, so it was just immobilized and left alone. Good as new now!

The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Landon, is that bone I see in that picture?

I've been stabbed, sliced and about everything that one can think of but by far the worst was a jagged can lid that scraped my finger all the way down to the bone, then pushed that whole mess down about an inch. It wasn't one I could fix myself. It needed inner and outer stitches and left a bunch of nerve damage. It was much worse than getting stabbed by inmates, getting a marbles ideal stuck in the bone of my right leg, and worse than having the tip of one of my fingers guillotined off.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Rayd

Post by Rayd »

This is my second worst cut with a knife.

Don't do this by bladerunnr40, on Flickr

My worst was when I slashed the base of my thumb and severed tendons nerves and whatever else was there.. Had to have micro surgery to reconnect everything.
"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
- Milan Kundera
Jonny8642

Post by Jonny8642 »

my worst 2 off the top of my head the first one was when I was a kid and I got my thumb with my SAK the second was when I cut the tip off my index finger with a schrade in boy scouts, yeah I was that kid, lol.
akapennypincher

Post by akapennypincher »

My worst Cut was from the blade on a machine we use to slice pastrami on a PUP N Taco, that has long gone from the face of the earth, as ll the Pup N Taco were purchased, and made into TACO BELLS.

When I was hired I was warned not to lower the BLADE GUARD for any reason, but one night I was cleaning the MO CHINE, and there was debris, I lowered the guard to clean the debris off the blade, touching the blade with my pinky, and was in the ER getting stitched up for my misadventure. The cut was clean, deep, and took like 30 stiches to close.

The finger still has a scar 40 Plus years later, and I recall those wonderful Pastrami Sandwiches we had for under a buck in the late 60's
nicknapp

Post by nicknapp »

This was trying to cut through a piece of pex flexible tubing while scrunched up getting in an access panel in a closet. My dragonfly went through it much easier than I expected it to... and well... this was the result.
[ATTACH]23009[/ATTACH][ATTACH]23010[/ATTACH][ATTACH]23011[/ATTACH]
Attachments
11278790823_8e0f4b0378_n.jpg
11278791743_e02ce254d8.jpg
11278705526_9f6f2aafec.jpg
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Like many here, I keep my knives stupid sharp. Frequently I'll look down and see blood on my hand, not realizing that I'd cut myself at some point. Not seriously, just a clean little opening ;)

I guess I have done serious damage since I was 9-10 using a BSA to carve a 2" hole in a piece of pine. That one left a mark ;)

Ken
玉鋼
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

The Mastiff wrote:Landon, is that bone I see in that picture?
No that wasn't bone, just the way the light was reflecting off of the pooling blood. I tride to rinse, blot and photograph to show how deep it was, but the bleeding wouldn't slow until I closed the wound and applied some serious pressure. Sharp knife left a clean cut that healed without stitches.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

akapennypincher wrote:My worst Cut was from the blade on a machine we use to slice pastrami on a PUP N Taco, that has long gone from the face of the earth, as ll the Pup N Taco were purchased, and made into TACO BELLS.

When I was hired I was warned not to lower the BLADE GUARD for any reason, but one night I was cleaning the MO CHINE, and there was debris, I lowered the guard to clean the debris off the blade, touching the blade with my pinky, and was in the ER getting stitched up for my misadventure. The cut was clean, deep, and took like 30 stiches to close.

The finger still has a scar 40 Plus years later, and I recall those wonderful Pastrami Sandwiches we had for under a buck in the late 60's
You worked at Pup N' Taco? You sir have worked for God, and for that I bow to you! The best chili cheese dogs on the planet. I was bummed when they disappeared here in Los Angeles.
PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.
Screwdriver

Post by Screwdriver »

All my personal cuts have been mundane. I did have a friend who was careless with his knife and tried to mock stab me when he greeted me at his front door. His stiletto went into my hand above the knuckle of my forefinger all the way to my wrist. Cut a large vein/artery and I had to go to emergency for hand surgery.

Now ask if you have ever shot yourself.....Yeah, I did that. ;)
PM2(Camo/Satin) Military (Safety Orange, Camo), Endura (Wave, ZDP-189, Super Blue), Gayle Bradley, Techno, Pacific Salt PE, Tasman Salt SE, Harpy, Manbug ZDP-189, Dragonfly Aus 8, Ladybug (Red with CE...1990ish), Cricket SE, Civilian.