Para-Military2 *In Stock* at the following links... (:

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

bgrisso wrote:really? never thought about that as a potential problem. I've been buying tons of stuff off ebay forever, never run into that with anything. How can I tell if they are fake, any pointers? The person I bought from had 100% feedback with over 85 transactions, all different stuff. Would someone really construct all that just to sell a fake $150 knife?
thanks
Ben
It is not hard to have 85 positives... they would just have to buy 85 cheap items. If they spend a dollar each transaction, then sell one fake Para2 for $150, they are still profiting about $45 on just the first knife they sell. The rest they will profit about $130 each so it is very lucrative.
mainaman wrote:Too many fakes floating to risk it. Some vendors are online knife shops so they are probably OK, but still you have to be able to recognize fakes (and good auction pics) to be able to tell.
The tough part is that sometimes people will use pics of a real knife, then send you a fake one. You never know until it arrives.
Janfrederik

Post by Janfrederik »

Mark's Outdoors in Vestavia Alabama has 5 DLC Black G10 Para's, and 6 Satin Black G10 Para's in stock. If you call, ask for Randy at the knife counter.
Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

Howes has the black camo PM2 in stock NOW.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Howes has the reg Black/Satin PM2 right NOW too.
feuerfreiguy

Post by feuerfreiguy »

BladeHQ has all 4 models of the PM2 in stock right now. I just grabbed a DLC Black G10 model.

*EDIT* Satin blade with black g10 just sold out.
ViperGTS

Post by ViperGTS »

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe it's me, but it seems these knives don't sell out as fast as they used to. Maybe supply catching with demand?
Revival

Post by Revival »

swigert wrote:That would be nice. Still can't find a black with satin.. .
I'm sure if you keep looking you will find one soon. Sign up for email notifications on the sites that offer it. Good luck!
Officer Gigglez
Location: Originally out of Arizona, currently live in Missouri.

Post by Officer Gigglez »

It in stock at Amazon too. As always. Amazon always has Spydies in stock.
Spyderco Knives (in order of obtainment):
-Tenacious, Combo edge
-Tasman Salt, PE
-Persistence Blue, PE
-Pacific Salt, Black, PE
-Delica 4, Emerson Grey
-DiAlex Junior
-Byrd SS Crossbill, PE
-Endura 4 Emerson Grey
-Byrd Meadowlark 2 FRN, PE
-Resilience
MattBPKT

Post by MattBPKT »

swigert wrote:Link? I thought all amazon had was para military's not the para 2...
Yeah you gotta be careful with the descriptions on Amazon. For example they have one titled Paramilitary2 but when you read the description it's a PM. They do have PM2 now and again as they pop in and out of stock.
Knife Informer...stay sharp, stay informed.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Hey Swigert, are you trying to find a satin blade model? FYI, when I was on the hunt for my first pm2 six months ago I had to get a DLC/camo model because it's all I could find. I was dubious because I've never been a fan of coated blades, but I gotta tell you, I absolutely loved the knife from day one. Spydercos DLC is superb in both appearance and durability! I would buy more in a heartbeat! Anyway, just something to consider.
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

swigert wrote:I have a black with dlc manix 2 xl and was just trying to avoid 2 knives of the exact same color. And I'm not a huge digi camp fan so it leaves me with only one option.
You could do what I did:

I sold the camo scales on Ebay so the net cost was only about $30 or so in the end.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Eddie, where did you get those scales?
setldown

Post by setldown »

National Knives has all the para's in stock now. Unbelievable.

http://www.nationalknives.com/servlet/Categories
Focus is just distraction from distraction, so I take my moderation in moderation.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

TomAiello wrote:Eddie, where did you get those scales?
Those look like some of Allen Putnam's scales (http://www.bladescales.com). Here's a set of contoured orange G10 ones from him on my black DLC PM2:

I also really like the purple ones on Fresh Eddie's PM2, if I could only just sell my wife on the fact she needs one just like that! ;)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
spyguy918

Post by spyguy918 »

Just bought the digi satin and black on black from national knives... great guy!!
pir4te

Post by pir4te »

black with camo seems to be the hardest to find...
Climb14er

Post by Climb14er »

spyguy918 wrote:Just bought the digi satin and black on black from national knives... great guy!!
+1

Took the cue from the forum and ordered a Para 2. Rob processed and already has shipped out the package along with a tracking number.

THIS is excellent customer service!
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I keep hearing about NK's great customer service (for years now)... Time to take a look.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

NK's prices are good but I don't like the "Strict Limit of One (1) Paramilitary 2 (total - all models combined) per customer".

I can see doing that with sprint runs but regular production knives?

Whatever, when I see that I go elsewhere.
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

Philo Beddoe wrote:NK's prices are good but I don't like the "Strict Limit of One (1) Paramilitary 2 (total - all models combined) per customer".

I can see doing that with sprint runs but regular production knives?

Whatever, when I see that I go elsewhere.

I assume they have limited stock and are trying to protect their customers from a flipper coming in and bleeding them dry. I'm sure if you really wanted to buy more than 1 you could call them up and explain your situation. Unfortunately, there aren't many other elsewhere's to go for PM2's right now and a lot of them have similar restrictions due to it's popularity.