Awaited models

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
elena86

Awaited models

Post by elena86 »

After watching the 2014 Spyderco Product guide I felt a huge dissapointment.For quite a few years now I was hoping to see some models revived.Models long awaited not only by me but by many forumists AFAIK.Where is Caly Jr. ? , where is Lil'Temp ? where is .... it is up to you guys to fill in the blanks.Me. I did mention only a few of the most popular.
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

Manix Jr. ;)
CanadaDude

Post by CanadaDude »

I really wish that I had discovered Spyderco many years ago, because so many great models came and went long before I knew that they existed.
hiredgun

Post by hiredgun »

elena86 wrote:where is Lil'Temp?
Maybe the Lil' Temp and some others from the past will show up in the mid-year supplement. Personally I'd like to see a Lil' Temp w/Rhino Horn blade. Speaking of the Caly Jr. I'd like see that in Lime Green fish scales and a silver clip. Hey, we can all dream right?
You can't display a toad in a fine restaurant like this! Why, the good folks here would go right off the feed!
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

TomAiello wrote:Manix Jr. ;)
Isn't that pretty much the Sage? :)
eric m.

Post by eric m. »

CanadaDude I can't agree with you more! I didn't start collecting Spyderco knives till a couple months ago. A couple years ago a friend of mine introduced me to them, but it didn't take. Now it has, and the addiction has set in! Over 40 Spyderco knives later and trying to play catch-up has left me only wanting more! I can think of alot of other addictions that are more harmful and less satisfying so,"CARRY ON MY WAYWARD SON"! :D
CanadaDude

Post by CanadaDude »

Why did I have to discover Spyderco, WHY? The first Dargonfly was all the pocketknife I will ever really need, but it didn't end there...
Eric, I couldn't agree with you more, it's a pleasant and harmless addiction.
phillipsted

Post by phillipsted »

The mid-year supplement is always entertaining and contains a lot of surprises. In addition, not all sprints and exclusives make their way to the catalogs. Its my impression that if Spyderco is working on the prototypes and don't have a firm production date, the sprint might not appear in a catalog at all. Is this everyone else's experience?

I, too, am waiting on the Caly Jr. sprint!

TedP
Holland

Post by Holland »

caly jr. sprint really excites me. i would buy it without hesitation as long as it isnt VG10
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
knolan

Post by knolan »

Wasn't really expecting to see it but keep hoping the Marcin Slysz/Spyderco collab., the "SpydeChef" that keeps popping up in various threads for the last 2/3 years will show up soon. Hopefully a Taichung product with CTS-XHP, CTS-204P or better? I've wanted that folder since the day I first saw it!
feuerfreiguy

Post by feuerfreiguy »

I don't need Spyderco to release anymore of their late models. I've spent enough money already lol....A Caly Jr. would be nice though :rolleyes:
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

knolan wrote:Wasn't really expecting to see it but keep hoping the Marcin Slysz/Spyderco collab., the "SpydeChef" that keeps popping up in various threads for the last 2/3 years will show up soon. Hopefully a Taichung product with CTS-XHP, CTS-204P or better? I've wanted that folder since the day I first saw it!
This was my wallpaper on my phone for a long time!
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
knolan

Post by knolan »

Dodge wrote:This was my wallpaper on my phone for a long time!
HaHa...on my laptop as well.
CanadaDude

Post by CanadaDude »

Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

I want that Spydechef very badly.
CanadaDude

Post by CanadaDude »

One of the best uses I have for owning a Spyderco is working in the kitchen while cooking.
Using a Spyderco, skinning a hard and difficult-to-prepare turnip can becomes an exercise in knife wielding skills and bladesharpening.
I too want that knife.
salmonkiller

Post by salmonkiller »

Kitchen knives?There was some talk a while back about BD-1 kitchen knives.Until then I will keep Yinning and Yanging.....
My wife loves the Yin and it's full SpyderEdge goodness!
I will carve the Turkey with the Yang!
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

salmonkiller wrote:Kitchen knives?There was some talk a while back about BD-1 kitchen knives.Until then I will keep Yinning and Yanging.....
My wife loves the Yin and it's full SpyderEdge goodness!
They have been selling the Seto range, not sure if there are others still in the works though?

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/list.php?division=seto
I see, said the blind man.
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Where's the battlestation?
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

KardinalSyn wrote:Where's the battlestation?
They have it for preorder at Knifecenter, $200.