Time for another dedicated left hand Spyderco ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Manix Guy 2

Time for another dedicated left hand Spyderco ?

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

It has been awhile since the left hand Military has been discontinued and wonder if there is any interest to ask for another lefty ? What knife would the south paws have a wish list for to ponder and dream ? Mine would have to be the Bradley or the Tuff . Regards MG2
Ignaz

Post by Ignaz »

I think that's a great idea. I almost bought a left hand military but decided not to get one because it's just too big for my needs. Maybe the chinese folder by Bob Lum or a Sage could be interesting. What do the other lefties and the Spydercrew think about another lefty knife?
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

As unfair as it is, left-handed oriented knives are targeting a very small amount of people. Sadly, I think toxic green knives have more of a sales urgency.

Spyderco frequently listens to its fans often resulting in slow sellers. A reason why they are great people :) . You might convert this to a poll if you have some ideas or post one later.
kubix

Post by kubix »

I just created an account to say, I really hope they make a left-handed Southard. I would certainly snap one up. I believe Sal said they would need to sell 1200 of them for it to be economical to manufacture. Perhaps raise the money on Kickstarter? There has got to be 1199 other lefties out there willing to buy a Southard.
Holland

Post by Holland »

welcome to the forums Kubix!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
kubix

Post by kubix »

Holland wrote:welcome to the forums Kubix!
Thanks!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

kubix wrote:I just created an account to say, I really hope they make a left-handed Southard. I would certainly snap one up. I believe Sal said they would need to sell 1200 of them for it to be economical to manufacture. Perhaps raise the money on Kickstarter? There has got to be 1199 other lefties out there willing to buy a Southard.
Welcome to the forums :) !

Unfortunately Kickstarter won't approve knife projects.
kubix

Post by kubix »

Blerv wrote:Welcome to the forums :) !
Thanks!
Blerv wrote:Unfortunately Kickstarter won't approve knife projects.
Huh, I wasn't aware. What a silly restriction. It looks like Indiegogo is OK with it, though. A quick search found two knife projects: one for a ceramic kitchen knife and the other some sort of utility knife. There is also a Karambit trainer.
fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

Lefty Domino would be perfect
M80

Post by M80 »

I dream about a lefty Southard any dedicated left handed folder would be amazing :)
Manix Guy 2

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

All of us need to remember the chase for a lefty Military did not happen over night . The same thing could happen if there would be a concentrated choice of a folder over a period of time . Economics is of course a big factor that is a given , that is why a focus of one knife must be a remaining factor . Nothing wrong with having a dream come true and watch it develop into a reality . Regards MG2
cckw

Post by cckw »

I would love to see a lefty in one of the frame lock models. Lefties are the only minority or under-served group of people that have no legal special privileged, and the only claim I have to being a minority or disadvantaged person.
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Lockbacks.

Also I really don't think being a lefty makes you a minority any more than having poor eye sight makes me one. We all have to adapt to something in life.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
zhyla

Post by zhyla »

So many spydies are ambidextrous that I can't see being too disadvantaged if I were left handed. In fact I don't own and handed spydies except a cricket.
All God's critters have knives.
dirk de wit

Post by dirk de wit »

A lefthanded sage for me please!
The domino works pretty well for me as a lefty !
Fostermoody

Post by Fostermoody »

I'd love to see a left-handed cricket. I got one a couple years ago and ended up giving it to my sister. I just couldn't get it to open comfortably in my left hand. Every time I see a new catalogue come out I'm always hoping against hope, but no joy yet. Most Spydie knives I want are more-or-less ambidextrous (which is more than I can say of offerings from many other makers), but that cricket is one that really makes me wish I was a righty.
willc

Post by willc »

I think a left hand PM2 would be great.
My LH Millie gets lots of pocket time but my PM2 does not and that is because of the lock.

I like the liner lock better but a LH compression lock would be pretty great.
LH Millie/ PM2 digi/ Tenacious/ Dragonfly/ Persian2/ Endura Super Blue
Cruwear Millie/ Manix2 XL/ Manix2/ Swick3/Gayle Bradley/ Delica SB/ Sage3