Favorite YouTube Reviewers

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Wealljuggleknivesand oromoto are alright.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Virtuovice. "Hello knife people"
mainaman

Post by mainaman »

For me of all the three above the one that i like the best is Nuthfancy, he at least seems to talk from experience using the knives.
Wealljuggleknives kind of talk how cool the knife looks usually and nothing about actual use of the knife.

TheapostileP makse decent review I think and also talks from experience with the knives.
I like smokeeater908 he does tests with rope so one can get some idea how knives hold edge.

All in all I look at multiple reviews for each knife to get an idea what it is like.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I got started watching watching knife reviews by Nutnfancy in 2008. Since then I have followed most of reviews and although I don't always agree with his philosophies of use, requirements or personal opinions on value, he DOES use the knives and seems to have real world experience. That an a thorough review I do appreciate. I can always fast forward through a 15 minute rant about the pocket clip, but I can't extract information that isn't present from a 3 minute review posted less than a week after a reviewer gets the knife in the mail. On a lighter not, I always enjoy Jeff's (cutlerylover) videos.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

Edge Observer is the best. IMO
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
VeloWeave

Post by VeloWeave »

Oromoto, Nutnfancy, TheApostleP, EdgedWeapon88, EveryDayCommentary, The Late Boy Scout, Sup3rSaiy3n, SolosKnifeReviews

My favorite of all these is The Late Boy Scout.
Most Carried: Sebenza Insingo small, Chaparral, Modded Southard Flipper, Delica 4, Ritter Mini-Grip, Techno, Injection 3.0
Wishlist 2014: Sage 2, Mnandi, Krein Alpha,
Other's I own or have sold: Vallotton, Anso Zulu, Blur CF, Scallion, Leaf Storm, Sage 2, Caly 3 CF
Flashlight EDC: Preon 0, Peak Eiger AAA Oveready edition with QTC & momentary button Nichia 219 emitter, Beta-QR, Muyshondt Aeon
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

I am amazed no one said jdavis882, that is one rope cutting son of a gun and usually with a Spyderco
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Don't generally bother with reviews, but this guy gave me a good laugh:

[video=youtube;8ug3JZmpUi8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ug3JZmpUi8[/video]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
M80

Post by M80 »

cutlerylover, oromoto, kailacumings i have allot of channels i follow these are just a few.
Skidoosh

Post by Skidoosh »

Need to get a blunty
mainaman

Post by mainaman »

twinboysdad wrote:I am amazed no one said jdavis882, that is one rope cutting son of a gun and usually with a Spyderco
I agree he has nice reviews too
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

I do my homework but I try not to take in too many opinions from other people. Hype and bias views are too easy to get caught up in. I mostly just watch videos for the live action images. Most times I can just mute them and get all I need.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

you tube is usually the first place I go when considering a new knife especially if I haven't actually seen or handled said knife. I like nutnfancy but usually look at the newer ones first and the ones in English
KrisOK

Post by KrisOK »

Actually, my favorite knife reviewer is a German guy by the name of Stefan Schmalhaus. His reviews are always concise and very informative. Many of his reviews have a back story telling the history of the company that makes the knife or where the design came from. He's a graphics professional by trade, so many of his reviews are on par with something that you might see in a TV documentary. Unfortunately, he hasn't done a Spyderco in two years, and primarily reviews European knives now.

Here's his last Spyderco review:

[video=youtube;bazjfTS0Wes]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bazjfTS0Wes[/video]

NutinFancy does informative videos too, but sometimes it's hard to see past the ego to actually see the knife review. And if I have to hear the words "Philosophy Of Use" one more time, I thing I'm going to upchuck on my keyboard!

I like CutleryLover's reviews, but they are more likely to be about the "Life of Jeff" rather an in-depth review.
EDC Everything! Our knives are TOOLS, not 'Objects d'art'. A 'Safe Queen' is an implied insult to the designer/manufacturer.
sinkerslider

Post by sinkerslider »

KrisOK wrote:Actually, my favorite knife reviewer is a German guy by the name of Stefan Schmalhaus. His reviews are always concise and very informative. Many of his reviews have a back story telling the history of the company that makes the knife or where the design came from. He's a graphics professional by trade, so many of his reviews are on par with something that you might see in a TV documentary. Unfortunately, he hasn't done a Spyderco in two years, and primarily reviews European knives now.

Here's his last Spyderco review:

NutinFancy does informative videos too, but sometimes it's hard to see past the ego to actually see the knife review. And if I have to hear the words "Philosophy Of Use" one more time, I thing I'm going to upchuck on my keyboard!

I like CutleryLover's reviews, but they are more likely to be about the "Life of Jeff" rather an in-depth review.
Stefan's reviews are very good and his production values are excellent. Not too many YouTuber's put out videos as high quality as his. Most of the knives he covers are not in my wheelhouse, but I watch them anyway. I do like traditional knives and he covers a lot of those.

Nutnfancy does good blade reviews, but I find it hard to sit through his overly loooong videos. Seems like every one is at least a half hour long.

jdavis seems to be pretty knowledgeable and I have watched a lot of his videos, but the guy gets incredibly defensive if anyone has the gall to criticize or challenge something he says. Because of that, I don't watch him much anymore.
CanadaDude

Post by CanadaDude »

This guy from Slovakia has reviewed a vast number of knives. He is almost the anti-Nutnfancy, in that he is silent and his reviews are brief. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ry_mcyGj8c
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

If you want to watch professionally done video with great images of the knife, edgeobserver is really hard to beat.

Some may not agree, but I personally enjoy a lot of x4cto's reviews. I appreciate most of his thoughts and opinions and he's usually good for a few belly laughs too.
Cliff Stamp

Post by Cliff Stamp »

sinkerslider wrote: jdavis seems to be pretty knowledgeable and I have watched a lot of his videos, but the guy gets incredibly defensive if anyone has the gall to criticize or challenge something he says. Because of that, I don't watch him much anymore.
You have to realize that John and people like him who are not shills and who do not censor their views towards purely promotional content especially on popular knives can tend to get massive amounts of negative feedback and the vast majority of it is completely mindless. John still gets comments referring to his Sebenza video making completely ignorant complaints such as cutting that much rope is "abusive" with a knife. You also only see a fraction of the feedback, it also happens in PM's, emails, etc. . The unfortunate side effect of all of the "junk" commentary is that if you post something similar, which actually has valid critical content, you can be lumped in with the idjits and get the same reaction. It is possible to offer a criticism and not get a negative response, the problem is that you just have to make it clear that your point is actually valid to avoid the labeling.

This channel I watch the commentaries even if I have the knife : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCifub5A3ozpPnRdcCKrC2_w . The main reason is that he talks about the design of the knife and the consistency/integration which is very rare. He also has measurements and uses the description.
Rider675

Post by Rider675 »

Virtuovice and ^^ Cliff Stamp ;)
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

The Deacon wrote:Don't generally bother with reviews, but this guy gave me a good laugh:
Thanks for sharing Paul, one of the best reviews I've seen! I need to add one of these to my collection.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com