What was your first Spyderco

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Diesel_Chick

What was your first Spyderco

Post by Diesel_Chick »

So I have to blame one of my best friends for getting me addicted to Spyderco before ever even owning my own knife. I finally got my first Spyderco manix 2 lightweight the blue one. My best friends has the same one I couldn't quit playing the the hole. Now that I have mine I catch my self doing it all the time...swish and click.

So just out of curiosity
who got you into spyderco and what was your first knife?
Did you get anyone else addicted?[ATTACH]22903[/ATTACH]
Attachments
image.jpg
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Centofante 3 for me. Still have it, still love it.
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

My first two are the bottom two knives in this pic (Manbug was #1 and Caly 3.5 was #2). Both gave me a really wicked bite that is now repeatedly re-infected with whatever crack Sal puts into the knife handles or steels (I am now well into the triple digits with my collection...)

While I'll say I haven't gotten anyone else addicted yet, everyone I've gifted one to has been most appreciative. I've also been surprised to find some occasional Spydernuts in my travels, with fun conversations usually initiated by one of us first spotting a tell-tale pocket clip!
Last edited by RadioactiveSpyder on Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
ginsuwarrior

Post by ginsuwarrior »

Picked up a Persistence about a year and a half ago. Used it for a lot of farm chores, then lost it in a cow pasture. Months would go by and I cautiously entered the Spydie Web again with Delica, then Endura, then Military!! My budget is extremely restrictive so I've only bought 7 or so since then, the only two exceeding $100 being the Military and the Paramilitary 2.
Military // PM 2 // Endura // Delica // Stretch // SE Tasman // SE Hawkbill Ladybug
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

This was my first.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
M80

Post by M80 »

Black Endura 4 FFG
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Salt 1 PE. It's provided a lot of good cutting since I first got it in-hand.
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

believe it or not a waved E4. I only got it for the wave. Sold it, but became a Spyderaddict ever since.
SIGnificant

Post by SIGnificant »

Delica. Gave it to the wife after I got my first Native. What was I thinking?
WireEdge Roger

Post by WireEdge Roger »

It was a plain edge stainless handled Police model with G2 steel. It must have been around 1990 when I got it, still have it too.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Santa Fe mother of pearl and turquoise Delica unfortunately it came damaged .
No more in stock but wanted another so got a Tenacious $100s later still wanting more.
Kweb

Post by Kweb »

+1 Native 4
My :spyder:'s : Sage 1, Native 4, Cricket, Dragonfly 2, Tenacious, Persistence Blue, Jason Breeden Rescue, Cat, Delica 4 Grey FFG, Renegade, CF Dodo, Orange Endura 4 FFG, Lum Chinese Folder
jaypowell0185

Post by jaypowell0185 »

Tenacious still have it
Clip

Post by Clip »

I try to keep my signature in chronological order so I can keep up with the progression.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

Mine was an Endura 4 combo edge. I have since discovered I don't like to combo edge, so this knife lives in my car.
RadioactiveSpyder wrote:While I'll say I haven't gotten anyone else addicted yet, everyone I've gifted one to has been most appreciative.
My experience has been very similar - everyone seems to appreciate the well thought out design and the utter practicality of having a knife on them at all times :)
Regards,
Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

C-26 Snap it. Drop point, full Spyder edge.

I actually bought 2 of them. I can only find one at this point, though. It's in my desk now, but until a few months ago (when I replaced it with a Tasman Salt) it was in my emergency kit.
mercmaster

Post by mercmaster »

Mine was a full serrated ATS-55 Delica gifted to me by West Marine for teaching a boat winterizing course in 1996. I carried it almost every day for 10 years (lost it for a week or two twice but I was always fortunate enough to find it again). I've cut a mile of rope and probably close to a mile of marine grade hose with it without it ever letting me down.

She's still one of my favorites, tho I don't carry her much anymore...

Knivesinedc

Post by Knivesinedc »

xceptnl wrote:This was my first.
Still Jealous :D
My first was the native4 c41bbk or black blade SE. still carry it every day. I hacked through a piece of hard as rock wood yesterday and was still razor after. Really not a good idea but I wanted to see if It could do it. I will try to put up some pics of the wood and knife later. So far I have only infected 2 people with the spyder bug.
Relentless Perseverance in the Face of a Lightless Sky.

Joshua 1:9b "Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go"
Holland

Post by Holland »

welcome to the forums! my first was a delica4 saber ground. gifted it to a friend last year
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Mako109

Post by Mako109 »

C01 Worker. Purchased way back when when people commonly called it the Spyderco "Clip-it".