What is your EDC rotation and how do you rotate?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

I generally rotate weekly.
I have quite a few knives in my EDC rotation and I don't like to think that some get left out and don't get their share of carry time, so I lay all of them out and arrange them in an order that mixes them up by brand, size and whatever other characteristic might be important, then each Monday morning I pick out the next one in line and carry it for the week. I will change during the week on rare occasions if I know in advance that a different knife would be appropriate, and frequently on weekends I will be doing something that I don't want to subject the nicer knives to so I will pick something else. Since I have so many in my rotation I have thought about carrying each one for about 3 days and then switching to the next one so that it takes less time to go through the entire rotation, but I haven't done that yet.
hawkeye180

Post by hawkeye180 »

I usually switch every day or every other day. It depends on what pants I am wearing or what I anticipate I will do that day.

Sometimes I will carry the same knife all week long. Usually though I rotate between by Delica 4, Paramilitary 2, and Endura 4. Out of those three the Delica probably gets the most pocket time.
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

I carry the dragonfly salt on a cord around my neck everyday. Iwb I carry either a green pm2 or a se pacific salt. Pretty much depends on how much I'm fishing and if I think I'll be needing the se for anything. But to be honest, the PAC salt has been stealing some time from my pm2 lately!

Oh yeah, and I've got my first military arriving next week, so we'll see if that one works it's way into my "regulars".
BDNX

Post by BDNX »

As far as the Spyderco side of my edc rotation is concerned, right now its the Manix2 Ltwt, Squeak, D'fly Salt, and my new Manbug....the Tasman shows up quite often as well..
My Spydies: Sharpmaker • Tasman Salt • Saver Salt • Ladybug Hawkbill Salt • Salt 1 • Blue/Gray Meerkat • Burgundy Meerkat • Manix2 Ltwt Translucent Blue • Manix2 Ltwt Blacked Out • Manix2 Backlock • Ladybug 1 Red • Blue UKPK • Tusk • Blue Lava • Dog Tag • Bug • Honeybee • Grasshopper • Stepped Ti Chaparral • McBee • AEB-L Urban
nccole

Post by nccole »

I look in here when I grab my wallet and keys and decide for the day. I sometimes decide to carry one given knife for a whole week, but that is hard to do. I have found myself giving little time to 3" knives and preferring closer to 3.5" I would say none of my knives are "out of rotation" unless they are in my tool box or in a car serving an in case I forget purpose.

fanglekai

Post by fanglekai »

For Spydercos I choose between my Sage 2 and Gayle Bradley. The Sage 2 is for office carry in slacks, the Gayle Bradley is for casual Friday and weekends.
jaypowell0185

Post by jaypowell0185 »

I change about every week. But the super blue delica has been in my pocket for about three weeks
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

I tend to swap once a week - not sure why but this seems to work for me.

On the weekends if I am wearing my 511 trousers which have a knife pocket I will sometimes carry my Military - otherwise this knife stays at home because if I wear it in a normal side pocket it just takes over the whole scene :D

I have a Salt 1 which I use as my 'car washing knife' - everything tends to get wet so the H1 is quite at home :)

My current EDC rotation is Centofante 3, Stretch, Manix 2 LW.
Regards,
Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

My general EDC rotation usually includes a pair of smaller and larger knives: a Caly 3.5 or deep carry clip-modded Domino with a black G10 Manbug or a deep carry clip-modded Forest Green PM2 with a forest green Dragonfly. These combos come with me 90% of the time, with the little guys in the watch pocket and the big guys snug in the main right pocket. Two others only make the EDC rotation occasionally: a Southard and the 2013 forum Native 5 (which opens smooth as butter), usually carried alone. I never put them in my back pocket for fear of losing them, although I have snagged many of these by the clip and inadvertently yanked them out of my front pocket (the Southard on the second day I owned it; G10 is not as tough as asphalt :( )

The Domino is edging out the Caly recently (dare I say) and the black combos in general are carried 3–4 times more often than the mean greenies. I have a black FRN Manbug on my keychain so that's typically with me also. I've shared pics of all these before during the last few months, except for the new Ti clip on the PM2 (from the fellow that sells them on the bay):

Cheers :)
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King