Para 2....S35

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
neospyder

Para 2....S35

Post by neospyder »

Hey just looked at one of my fav dealers CS seems to have some brown paras in stock.
Pake

Post by Pake »

My addiction to spydercos started a little over a month ago and I really wanted one of these. Thank you for the heads up.
Pake

Post by Pake »

Got a shipping confirmation in less than an hour from placing my order. Wow, they don't mess around! That was fast!
M80

Post by M80 »

Cs ?
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

M80 wrote:Cs ?
Cutlery Shoppe
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
Syncharmony

Post by Syncharmony »

Thank you for the heads up, I was able to secure a Digicam Black DLC. I'm very excited to see what all the PM2 fuss is about!
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Weird, the only PM2 that shows up when I look at the site is the Orange Sprint one, and it's obv OoS

Edit, I see the regular satin and dlc ones, but not the brown PM2
sinkerslider

Post by sinkerslider »

Not sure where you're seeing the brown Para2, but it's not on the Cutlery Shoppe website now. Bummer, because I wanted one.
sinkerslider

Post by sinkerslider »

Just called, they're gone. I have the worst luck sometimes.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't the brown PM2 a Moteng distributor exclusive? I thought CS's exclusive was the orange PM2? No?
M80

Post by M80 »

sinkerslider wrote:Just called, they're gone. I have the worst luck sometimes.
How i felt when i missed out on the blue lava XD
neospyder

Post by neospyder »

Yes they were under Spyderco Sprint runs but they're not on there anymore.....Man paras go fast
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

jalcon wrote:Maybe I'm missing something but wasn't the brown PM2 a Moteng distributor exclusive? I thought CS's exclusive was the orange PM2? No?
CS gets their knives from Moteng (I assume) and that is why they got the brown version.

In addition to the knives they get through their regular supplier, Cutlery Shoppe also commissioned the orange PM2 directly from Spyderco.

Just because a dealer gets their knife supply fulfilled through a distributor doesn't mean they can't also commission a run directly from Spyderco. I'd guess that every dealer that has offered a dealer exclusive in the past is normally serviced by a distributor.
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

A P2 with cardboard scales and a soft lead blade would still fly off the shelves...
Holland

Post by Holland »

JNewell wrote:A P2 with cardboard scales and a soft lead blade would still fly off the shelves...
lol
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Sometimes it feels like the popularity of the pm2 has made it sort of "uncool" to like it or even talk about it on this forum. Like a band that you liked and now don't because everybody else has heard of it.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

Yea Liquid, I kinda feel the same about the PM2. When I first got into spyderco I was fiending over the PM2 and got two browns and a camo. Now after collecting and using my knives for a couple of years I barely carry either. Not that there is anything wrong...it is a great knife but I find myself carrying a Sage or Caly or a Salt so much more and when I want something bigger I grab the full size mili or the southard. I also think the frenzy over the green one turned me off a little. Anyway, I think Ill tote one of my PM2's today and see if I can rekindle...
Surfingringo

Post by Surfingringo »

Liquid Cobra wrote:Sometimes it feels like the popularity of the pm2 has made it sort of "uncool" to like it or even talk about it on this forum. Like a band that you liked and now don't because everybody else has heard of it.

I completely hear what you are saying. I had that feeling before I ever even bought a pm2. I've always kind of liked being different so part of me didn't want to like it because of all the frenzy. After getting one I appreciate the knife though. It's not the holy grail that it gets hyped up into here sometimes, but it is indeed a spectacular production folder. Probably the best, most functional and well designed folder I have owned. I love mine enough that I have no issue with liking the knife despite some of the fanaticism. ;)

I think here on the forum we end up adopting distorted perceptions. Out in the real world I never feel that way about the paramilitary. I don't see other folks whipping out a pm2 very often. When I take mine out and anyone asks to look at it, they seem to like it. I'm pretty sure nobody is saying to themselves "oh god, another guy with a pm2!" Hehehe :D
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

The internet tends to make you think everyone has the same stuff. It's the culmination of a niche audience and a little exaggeration ;) .

Spend enough time on the boards and you will assume everyone will tease you for having s30v knives and a car with less than 500whp.