Cruwear Military ETA

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Got a confirming email from the owner of NK - a personal email, not an automatic order confirmation email. That's just amazing service, what a great dealer! :) :spyder:
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

FCM415 wrote:Gee, the US dollar is so weak now. $180 Canadian is just about the same converted.
our healthcare is now just about the same converted as well :mad:
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Ordered one from NK too. It said it was In Stock. We'll see.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Just refreshed the page and it says out of stock, so you're probably in good shape. (In other words, the web site inventory function is probably working accurately.)
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

JNewell wrote:Just refreshed the page and it says out of stock, so you're probably in good shape. (In other words, the web site inventory function is probably working accurately.)
That's good to hear. There is hope. :)
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Got mine in today, really nice. :cool:
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Something I noticed looking at mine last night: the edge on many Spyderco blades is often pretty "toothy." The edge on the Cruwear Military sprint, or at least the one I've got here, is a much smoother edge, almost polished. It's also exceptionally sharp, by production knife standards.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Ankerson wrote:Got mine in today, really nice. :cool:
I'll be looking forward to seeing how the CPM Cruwear does in your tests Jim.
JNewell wrote:Something I noticed looking at mine last night: the edge on many Spyderco blades is often pretty "toothy." The edge on the Cruwear Military sprint, or at least the one I've got here, is a much smoother edge, almost polished. It's also exceptionally sharp, by production knife standards.
Yeah, this knife has one of the better factory edges I've seen. I still plan to put it on the Edge Pro this weekend and give it my own edge.
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

JNewell wrote:Just refreshed the page and it says out of stock, so you're probably in good shape. (In other words, the web site inventory function is probably working accurately.)
JNewell, you were right. I just got my tracking number from National Knives. Thanks.
baldanthony

Post by baldanthony »

I held one at River's Edge Cutlery in Hilliard, OH, and let it slip through my fingers for a blue Microtech Ultratech. If only I were rich...
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Got my shipping notice as well :)
Owner of NK seems like a cool guy
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

ZL1 wrote:Got my shipping notice as well :)
Owner of NK seems like a cool guy
Very! Thumbs up on that one. :spyder:
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Just heard from someone with a KC pre-order that their order shipped this afternoon. Order date was 12/24/12. :eek:
Nate

Post by Nate »

Got mine today! Have a fine brace of Millies now :D
Big thxs to Spyderco & to KC for the pre-order!!

A couple of quik cell phone pics:
(tried to flip img, failed, lol)

So freakin sweet...
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Apophis wrote:Got mine today! Have a fine brace of Millies now :D
Big thxs to Spyderco & to KC for the pre-order!!
So freakin sweet...
Just got my Cru Millie from KC too!! So, along with my Leftie Millie, I've got that same fine brace :p

And I agree with what people are saying about the sharpness from the factory. Also my leftie was probably the sharpest spydie out of the box I'd got before the Cru.

Edit: By the way I meant to mention that the shade of gray on my Cru looks darker than it appears in most of the photographs I've seen. I examined it closely alongside my gray SB Caly, and the G-10 appears identical on the two knives, except thinner on the Caly, of course.
JNewell wrote:Got a confirming email from the owner of NK - a personal email, not an automatic order confirmation email. That's just amazing service, what a great dealer! :) :spyder:
+1 about National Knives and Robert. I got my first Spydie from him and also my SB Caly, and he's great to deal with. I'm amused by the smiley faces he draws on correspondence sometimes. Once he emailed me a contest entry and I "won" a Bug Set. The package was damaged a little, so he sent me 2 sets :) These are now representing the only Spyderco knives I have from China :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
mercmaster

Post by mercmaster »

DougC-3 wrote: +1 about National Knives and Robert. I got my first Spydie from him and also my SB Caly, and he's great to deal with. I'm amused by the smiley faces he draws on correspondence sometimes. Once he emailed me a contest entry and I "won" a Bug Set. The package was damaged a little, so he sent me 2 sets :) These are now representing the only Spyderco knives I have from China :D
++1 about Robert, he's definitely a good guy! Provides outstanding customer service with great communications, he's my go to guy for Spydies as well as other knives. :)

Awesome photos guys, I can't wait to receive my Cru Wear Millie!
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

*drools, paces feverishly, licks chops like the looney toons weasel*
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

mercmaster wrote:++1 about Robert, he's definitely a good guy! Provides outstanding customer service with great communications, he's my go to guy for Spydies as well as other knives. :)

Awesome photos guys, I can't wait to receive my Cru Wear Millie!
Welcome to the forums!
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
NoFair

Post by NoFair »

Cheddarnut wrote:Welcome to the forums!
He joined in 2006.. :D
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

NoFair wrote:He joined in 2006.. :D
But that was still his first post... He probably just didn't want to rush into things... So I think a hearty welcome is still in order, Mercmaster, and I hope you don't wait that long for your next post ! ;) :D
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.