FB14P3 – Swick3 Wharncliffe - Release Info

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

phaust wrote:...a pic would be nice :)
araneae wrote:Also, Taz its not nice to tease us without a pic of the knife... :p
gbelleh wrote:Is there a picture of this version anywhere?
Okay guys, I was supposed to keep this top secret, but I guess I can share this official production photo of the upcoming Swick 3. Don't tell Taz I leaked it early!

[ATTACH]22832[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Swick 3.jpg
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
M80

Post by M80 »

jabba359 wrote:Okay guys, I was supposed to keep this top secret, but I guess I can share this official production photo of the upcoming Swick 3. Don't tell Taz I leaked it early!

[ATTACH]22832[/ATTACH]
Lmao
araneae

Post by araneae »

TazKristi wrote:Although we do have something called "Spyderco Time" your calendar is correct. The correct day for the Swick3 to go live is Tuesday 22-Oct-2013 (original post edited). :) Sorry guys I'm on the road and days blend a little. No pic yet, but as soon as one becomes available we'll add it.

Kristi
Thanks Kristi. You could always send me one to take pics of... j/k :D
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

Thank you Kristi for clearing that up.
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
Donut

Post by Donut »

Lol :)
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Given the fact there is only one Swick (2) available on evilBay right now for $130 the big advantage is the $49 sticker price. :)
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

jabba359 wrote:Okay guys, I was supposed to keep this top secret, but I guess I can share this official production photo of the upcoming Swick 3. Don't tell Taz I leaked it early!

[ATTACH]22832[/ATTACH]
Jabba,
Your Spydie logo looks like a tick. LOL
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

I will pick one up for sure...never really been a fixed blade guy till I bought the MT-17. For some reason this small, efficient fixed blade has become my go-to knife around the house, especially the kitchen. I picked up some great halpern natural g-10 scales for the mule and use it regularly (anybody know where to get something similar for the swick?). Only problem is in VA you can only carry a fixed blade as open carry; which could be awkward at client meetings, etc. so I end up with the sage 1 or caly 3.5 in my pocket most days. I'll buy at least one anyways, this looks like a great concept and I really appreciate anytime spyderco makes an offering aimed directly at the core enthusiasts and offers this at such a great price.

So thank you to the Spyderco crew...ill be stalking online Tuesday to grab at least one.
BadFish

Post by BadFish »

I know this question is always asked but I'll throw it out there. Any hints on how many will be produced ? 9 mountain time is 11 eastern I hope thy don't sell out instantly I want a fair shot at one lol
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Yeah I'm excited about the price. I saw one for sale on another forum yesterday or the day before, for $150. Although I still haven't got around to putting scales on mine, I still plan on picking up another one or two.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

Okay Jabba, if it looks like your picture, I'll get one and make my own sheath! :cool:
- best wishes, Jazz.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Is the blue background a tribute to our Mr. Blonde? :)
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
BigBill5953

Post by BigBill5953 »

Great price on these! I've seen them go for more than double on seconadry markets.
-Billy

Centofante 3|Brown FFG Delica 4|Persistence|Sharpmaker & UF rods|SS Kiwi|Manbug SE|Blue UKPK SE Leaf|Calypso Jr. FRN|Blue Dodo SE|Centofante 3|Grasshopper|Tan Ladybug Salt|Rookie Sprint|

bammann45 wrote:In Los Angeles we have roaming packs of carnivorous tortoises. I am glad we finally have a folder that can punch through their shells.
Reject

Post by Reject »

I believe the first Swick did come with a sheath.

The generations of Swick to compare the Swick 3 with.

How much can a Koala bear?
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

Hey do most folks wear th swick as a neck knife? I'm thinking about buying one of these and of course I'll need to think about how to carry it.
If anyone here makes kydex sheaths or knows of someone good and afforable please let me know. I do hope that's not a breach of the WTB ban on the forums.
Thanks
GronK

Post by GronK »

Reject wrote:I believe the first Swick did come with a sheath.

The generations of Swick to compare the Swick 3 with.

[/URL]
Thanks for the Swick pic. I now know that the one I own is a Swick 1. I had two sheaths made for it; one for neck and one for belt so I'm hoping the 3 fits them.
Think Twice, Post Once!
GronK
gaj999

Post by gaj999 »

Buendia518 wrote:Hey do most folks wear th swick as a neck knife?
Sometimes. If I'm out running and don't have pockets. I've also been known to just slip it (and it's sheath) into a pocket. It rides nice and flat.

Gordon
sal

Post by sal »

The Swick concept began with the original Spot model. We wanted to try to develop the Perrin index finger hole idea, but with more purchase for greater control of the blade. Each version is, we feel, an incremental improvement over the earlier models. Input coming from you and from our own use.

This time we decided to make a warn cliff run and a leaf run, about 500 of each. Since they're experimental in nature, we're not making sheaths or scales. They are squeezed into production as it is. This way you can get the set up that serves you best.

sal
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

sal wrote:The Swick concept began with the original Spot model. We wanted to try to develop the Perrin index finger hole idea, but with more purchase for greater control of the blade. Each version is, we feel, an incremental improvement over the earlier models. Input coming from you and from our own use.

This time we decided to make a warn cliff run and a leaf run, about 500 of each. Since they're experimental in nature, we're not making sheaths or scales. They are squeezed into production as it is. This way you can get the set up that serves you best.

sal
So this run is going to be a mix of both wharncliffe *and* leaf blade shapes? That sounds terrific! Of course that means I'll have to get both versions!
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Leaf!
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5