Cruwear Military ETA

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

jalcon wrote:I wonder if it will shoot up once they are all "sold out"
I would say the chances of this happening are better than you falling off of a one-legged stool
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

xceptnl wrote:I would say the chances of this happening are better than you falling off of a one-legged stool
How high do you think they'll go? Maybe I'll buy another, haha.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Has anybody received one from knifecenter yet? They were the ones actually taking pre-orders at one time, maybe the only ones. There is nothing at all about it on their website now.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

jalcon wrote:How high do you think they'll go? Maybe I'll buy another, haha.
Provided the use of them recieves positive reviews and the HT is done properly, I would expect these to be comparable with the M390 exclusives in price on the secondary market once the supply runs out.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

jalcon wrote:How high do you think they'll go? Maybe I'll buy another, haha.
The secondary market will be pretty padded for a few months - IE you'll probably see a seller with 10+ available for $200. Thats how it was with the orange para 2's.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Henry - get both wrote:The secondary market will be pretty padded for a few months - IE you'll probably see a seller with 10+ available for $200. Thats how it was with the orange para 2's.
Yeah maybe. Tough to say.
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Got my shipping notice for KC. :)
Nate

Post by Nate »

Ankerson wrote:Got my shipping notice for KC. :)
Congrats!! Care to share approx when you pre-ordered? IIRC I got mine in early May, no idea where that puts me in the queue...
Ankerson

Post by Ankerson »

Apophis wrote:Congrats!! Care to share approx when you pre-ordered? IIRC I got mine in early May, no idea where that puts me in the queue...
Early April. :)
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

Got mine from GPK...wondering about trying to get a backup...that is a LOT of gray G10. :D
Nate

Post by Nate »

That gives me hope :) Thx much.

I decided that I won't try to chase one down from another vendor, so it's all or nothing on KC for me.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

1200 is a big run. I would be optimistic.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Got my shipping notice for KC.
Jim, if you want to test it sometime in the future comparing it to Ingot Cruwear just let me know. I keep one set up with grips for daily use.

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
twinboysdad

Post by twinboysdad »

FCM415 wrote: What's up with CutleryShoppe? I'd like to give Jeff my business as often as possible but he lags with sprints, I dont want to sit around and wait to see if he gets them and maybe miss out altogether.
With all due respect, CS needs to get their heads outta their heinee. If I understand correctly, Jeff gets 5 of a sprint when everboby first gets them, but he holds those. No idea for who or how long they are held. My b&m has steeper than the web prices, but their 2 of every sprint perma-order is as regular as corn through a goose. Their SB E4's, Cru Mil's are gone and 1 Lava and 1 SB D4 are still around. Just not sure what is up with CS. Would not be surprised in a year or so when they show 5 Cru Mills in stock at MSRP like they did recently with a few Para, Goddard, and Matriarch sprints.
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

My CC# from HKS finally arrived today. I typically prefer non-CC knives but there is so much real estate on the blade that the number doesn't stand out too bad. I also got really lucky and managed to snag a backup from KW.

Untitled by senorsquare, on Flickr
mikerestivo

Post by mikerestivo »

twinboysdad wrote:With all due respect, CS needs to get their heads outta their heinee. If I understand correctly, Jeff gets 5 of a sprint when everboby first gets them, but he holds those. No idea for who or how long they are held. My b&m has steeper than the web prices, but their 2 of every sprint perma-order is as regular as corn through a goose. Their SB E4's, Cru Mil's are gone and 1 Lava and 1 SB D4 are still around. Just not sure what is up with CS. Would not be surprised in a year or so when they show 5 Cru Mills in stock at MSRP like they did recently with a few Para, Goddard, and Matriarch sprints.
I would suggest calling Jeff and talking to him about your concerns. He is very approachable. I wouldn't recommend using the same wording as in the above post, but if you have an issue just call him and discuss.

My guess is that he does this now due to past experience with sprint runs, but I don't want to speak in his place.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bdblue wrote:Has anybody received one from knifecenter yet? They were the ones actually taking pre-orders at one time, maybe the only ones. There is nothing at all about it on their website now.
They are shipping now.

Edit: Oops... didn't notice there was another page in the thread until after I answered this question, which was already answered above.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

xceptnl wrote:Provided the use of them recieves positive reviews and the HT is done properly, I would expect these to be comparable with the M390 exclusives in price on the secondary market once the supply runs out.
I don't know about that, with it being a 1200 piece run the price might stay low for awhile? That many made should effect the prices some?
w3tnz

Post by w3tnz »

Starting to get worried, my dealer wasn't sure if he was even getting any :confused: It's a "large" run sure, but the way they are drip feeding into the market is what creates the problems at the buyers end... would be nice if all 1200 hit the shelves at once but I'm sure its not that simple, nothing ever is.

Have been seriously considering paying retail from SFO but even they don't seem to even keep them in stock for more than 24hrs. I would have jumped already but worried that the extra $120 cost+shipping is going to put me over the customs threshold and will be stung with an additional 15% tax + import duty.... so I'm looking at about a $325 military... before currency conversion.

Just hoping another large batch gets out to dealers.. I certainly wont be supporting the secondary market.
I see, said the blind man.
DeathBySnooSnoo

Post by DeathBySnooSnoo »

I may have to buy off the secondary....none of my usual places has or is getting it.

Though I am hoping that we are seeing the first trickle now, and then there will be a large shipment done in a little while and they are more widely available.
On the hunt for...