Did not have the best day

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DRKBC

Did not have the best day

Post by DRKBC »

Lost my Sebenza yesterday. I was washing my wifes car at the car wash and it must have dislodged from my pocket at some point. The clips are pretty good usually but it must have just worked its way loose.
Kweb

Post by Kweb »

I can't even imagine what thats like. Keep your hopes up and maybe Cutlerylover will have another "claim your lost Sebenza" vid.
My :spyder:'s : Sage 1, Native 4, Cricket, Dragonfly 2, Tenacious, Persistence Blue, Jason Breeden Rescue, Cat, Delica 4 Grey FFG, Renegade, CF Dodo, Orange Endura 4 FFG, Lum Chinese Folder
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

I don't have really high hopes, I went back to the site and looked and I asked a couple employees about it but it doesn't look too promising. I guess what was a loss for me is a great find for someone else.
glbpro

Post by glbpro »

Sorry to hear that brother, hope it turns up somehow.
Regards,
Bruno

"Each of the builders wore his sword at his side as he worked." - Nehemiah 4:18
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

glbpro wrote:Sorry to hear that brother, hope it turns up somehow.
Thanks Bruno, me to.
SQSAR

Post by SQSAR »

Ironically, in all probability, the person who found your knife has zero idea what it is and could not tell it apart from a $10.00 knife from Pakistan. Sorry for your loss. The fear of losing a knife like that is the primary reason my Chris Reeve and Hinderer knives don't get that much pocket time.
Doc Dan
Location: In a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity.

Post by Doc Dan »

Check in between the seat where the seat belt clips. I have lost numerous knives there because somehow my knife catches on the seat belt buckle and comes out of my pocket in my wife's car.
I Pray Heaven to Bestow The Best of Blessing on THIS HOUSE, and on ALL that shall hereafter Inhabit it. May none but Honest and Wise Men ever rule under This Roof! (John Adams regarding the White House)

Follow the Christ, the King,
Live pure, speak true, right wrong, follow the King--
Else, wherefore born?" (Tennyson)

NRA Life Member
Spydernation 0050
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

Wow dude good luck with that. This is one reason I haven't brought myself to buy a Strider...that much on an easily lost item scares me. It's bad enough losing a $50 Delica.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
bh49

Post by bh49 »

I am sorry to hear this. It sucks big time.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Thanks guys, I don't carry it all that much but I have been enjoying it the last few days. Its funny at one point in the day I remember reaching into my pocket and thinking that's odd I don't have a knife in my pocket today but it didn't really phase me at the time. I usually put them away at the end of the day so I thought I just forgot to put one in my pocket that day. It was when I went to get a knife to carry and saw the empty sheath that I realized it.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Evil D wrote:Wow dude good luck with that. This is one reason I haven't brought myself to buy a Strider...that much on an easily lost item scares me. It's bad enough losing a $50 Delica.
That is true, however the Strider pocket clips are amongst the stiffest I have ever used. Way different than the CRK Ti ones.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

I'm truly sorry to hear about this, DRKBC. I know all too well the sickening feeling of losing something valuable. :( I hope you may find your knife again one day. Never give up hope!
xceptnl wrote:That is true, however the Strider pocket clips are amongst the stiffest I have ever used. Way different than the CRK Ti ones.
Speaking of stiff pocket clips, I stopped carrying my Emerson CQC-7 due to this very reason. The pocket clip would about tear my jeans every time I tried to pull it from my pocket. :eek: I dare say I'd have a devil of a time trying to lose this knife!
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Did you carry a bucket to wash the car with or a hose ? its a natural position to hold a bucket at that height I know it may be stating the obvious .
But if you did check around where the bucket was filled or along the path , or where the bucket is now if you did use one .
Just trying to offer some hope I feel for you and hope you find it mate .
ATB B.K

Edit : sorry I just read you used a car wash , maybe going and talking to a manager and explain it has sentiment to you and could he possibly check the CCTV .
I know they have to have them for insurance purposes here but idk where you are if its the same.
Good luck mate .
Bladewacked

Post by Bladewacked »

Bladekeeper wrote:Did you carry a bucket to wash the car with or a hose ? its a natural position to hold a bucket at that height I know it may be stating the obvious .
But if you did check around where the bucket was filled or along the path , or where the bucket is now if you did use one .
Just trying to offer some hope I feel for you and hope you find it mate .
ATB B.K

Edit : sorry I just read you used a car wash , maybe going and talking to a manager and explain it has sentiment to you and could he possibly check the CCTV .
I know they have to have them for insurance purposes here but idk where you are if its the same.
Good luck mate .

This is what I would do, I didn't think of this at first but what a great idea. It would be worth a try at least.
That stinks hope you get it back.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Thanks guys I had them post it on the bulletin board at the car wash and posted an add in the lost and found. The car wash is one of those new swanky do everything-there ones so I spent a lot of time, power washing the car, Vacuuming cleaning the rims etc. Pretty noisy so I think it could have fallen out without me noticing although it may have happened somewhere else. I wish I noticed that day, as I think I would have had more of chance if finding it. Anyway, the search continues.
razorsharp

Post by razorsharp »

Evil D wrote:Wow dude good luck with that. This is one reason I haven't brought myself to buy a Strider...that much on an easily lost item scares me. It's bad enough losing a $50 Delica.
DGG is the solution :D

SOrry for the loss DRKBC
Holland

Post by Holland »

sorry to hear this, will you be buying another to replace it?
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Holland wrote:sorry to hear this, will you be buying another to replace it?
Not likely, it was a big purchase when I did it and it kind of makes you re-think carrying a $400 knife when you lose one. I guess never say never though :)
c.joe

Post by c.joe »

Sorry to hear that...

I lost one myself a couple years back. At least we will share this sick pride in losing such an expensive knife..
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

c.joe wrote:Sorry to hear that...

I lost one myself a couple years back. At least we will share this sick pride in losing such an expensive knife..
:) good to know we share this badge of honor c.joe ... isn't it great, maybe there is online support group we can join.