Spyderco Sightings (pics inside)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Sharktooth

Post by Sharktooth »

He obviously hasn't watched the included DVD... ;)
:spyder:
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

Forgive me if this has been posted already, in season 1 of LOST, does anyone know which Spyderco is clipped to Lock's breast pocket? It looks stainless if I recall correctly.

p.s. no spoilers please I'm a little behind on my viewing :)
Senate

Post by Senate »

Buendia518 wrote:Forgive me if this has been posted already, in season 1 of LOST, does anyone know which Spyderco is clipped to Lock's breast pocket? It looks stainless if I recall correctly.

it's on page 5, Lock starts with a SS harpy clipped to his pocket which is later replaced by a delica knockoff...
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
Buendia518

Post by Buendia518 »

That's funny they switched to a knockoff, but also I consider that a spoiler:-)
GoodEyeSniper

Post by GoodEyeSniper »

Buendia518 wrote:Forgive me if this has been posted already, in season 1 of LOST, does anyone know which Spyderco is clipped to Lock's breast pocket? It looks stainless if I recall correctly.

spoiler: the survivors are slowly getting killed off by a mysterious force which turns out to be Gilligan using a crude coconut weapon.
Monocrom

Post by Monocrom »

Remember the Black guy in the very first episode who gets sucked into one of the propellers after they crash land? ... Turns out everything that happened is just him having a really weird dream. ;)
"The World is insane, with small pockets of sanity here & there. Not the other way around."

:spyder:-John Cleese- :spyder:
guitarwolf

Post by guitarwolf »

On the military channel there is a new documentary about delta force. In one of the historical video clips a guy had a black g10 police model, plain edge. Don't think it was a delta force guy, but someone working with them. Might have even been an older non g10 handle (black titanium?).
Fresh Eddie Fresh

Post by Fresh Eddie Fresh »

I think I found a Native FRN in Act of Valor in the scene where they are discussing the NYPD patch.

Sorry for the poor quality... I actually paused the movie and took a pic with my cell phone. Not a real screencap. :(
SHardcastle

Post by SHardcastle »

zenheretic wrote:Off topic but thank god for DNA evidence. So much of our justice system is tied to eye witness testimony :eek: Sorry, most people see and hear what they want to see and hear, or if they don't understand, their mind fills in the blanks with an "educated" guess. I remember a case where a LEO had to shoot a perp that was in the process of running him down on a motorbike. Several eye witnesses or in this case "ear witnesses", claimed the cop shot the perp after he crashed and was no longer a threat, as they had heard the gunfire after the wreck and not the cause of the wreck. Expert testimony by Ayoob showed that the witnesses were so far away that the sound wave of gunfire would only reach their ears after the shot perp. wrecked his bike and not just prior to the wreck.
As well, each time you "check out" (think library book) a memory, you potentially change that memory ever so slightly when you check it back in. After years and year of recollections, you may have made up many new aspects of this memory (now fantasy or partial truth would be a more correct term). How much f what we recall is even true? And if you can't trust your own memory, what can you trust? Its crazy to think about. What facts in my firm memories were not true?
Cereal_killer

Post by Cereal_killer »

Morgan from criminal minds has a spyderco (looks like a delica but I'm no expert) in last weeks episode.

Edit: just looked back in this thread, looks like the new CM had not yet been mentioned. And that sub /"newt" suite with the hawkbill knife as the right hand [2 pages back] is freaking bad ***! I don't doubt his ability to open it but can he close it?
uncleknife

Post by uncleknife »

I know the shows are trying to make non-knife people "notice the knife", but by carrying it knife-out, on the show Lost, Fast & furious, Against all odds & other shows they are teaching these newbies the wrong way to carry a knife.
They look rediculous to a knife person to carry a knife that way. it's a good way to loose your knife.
I actually saw a few people on the street doing the same. I really wanted to tell them, but figured they would think me rude.
mxjunkey23

Post by mxjunkey23 »

Idk if this has been pointed out in here already so I apologize in advanced. I was watching the movie Contraband staring Mark Wahlberg and the scene where they are in the ship captains house the drug dealer pulls out what looks like a caly 3 to inspect the drugs. Can anyone confirm? It's at around the 1 hr 32 min mark, Sorry if I gave away any spoilers.
cgjones

The Heat (2013)

Post by cgjones »

There were a couple quick shots of what looks to be a Rock Salt in the movie The Heat.

BadFish

Post by BadFish »

I rented a movie "home sweet home". The whole end of the movie the killer is using a spyderco pretty awesome.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a335/ ... 436064.mp4
~~~~ USn Catcherman ~~~~ Tasman Se ~~~~ Centofante 3 ~~~~ UKPK blue SE ~~~~ Goddard OD Sprint Pe ~~~~ Ambitious Pe blue~~~~ Zdp Ladybug ~~~~ Manix 2 lwt Pe ~~~~ Delica orange Pe ~~~~ Swick 3 fb ~~~~ Native brown xhp ~~~~ Persian 2 ~~~~ Tenacious green ps ~~~~ Drangonfly Sb ~~~~
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Spyderco Police SS from Castle season 6 episode 5.

Attachments
Castle S06E05 Spyderco Police.jpg
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
yablanowitz

Post by yablanowitz »

It looks like it was a part serrated and had the whole edge, including serrations, ground off. Gotta love Hollywood.
I don't believe in safe queens, only in pre-need replacements.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Those guys over on Castle seem to like Spydies. I couldn't identify the knife with surety, but seems to be a Delica in Castle S05E16.

Attachments
Castle S05E16 Spyderco.jpg
-Kyle

3rdGenRigger

Post by 3rdGenRigger »

Motor Trend's show Roadkill (Awesome show IMO) host David Freiburger using what looks to be a Delica in Episode 13 at 22:19.

All Glory To The Hypno-Toad

---> Branden
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Was watching Leverage season 3 episode 3 and noticed what appears to be a stainless steel Delica hanging out in a briefcase.

Attachments
Leverage S03E03.jpg
-Kyle

Pinetreebbs

Post by Pinetreebbs »

Wives with knives show.
Have you joined Knife Rights yet?
Go to: http://www.KnifeRights.org
Protecting your Right to own and carry the knives YOU choose.