OT: Strider HT

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jimd

OT: Strider HT

Post by Jimd »

I know it's not a Spydie, but I had to tell someone....

I received my Strider HT last week. Oh my God, what a knife! S30V steel, 1/4" thick, 4.25" long blade with sawteeth on the spine. This thing is simply wicked. And it's shaving sharp, too.

My wife didn't believe me that it would shave. We happened to be sitting on the bed, so I shaved a patch of my leg hair off, and the hair just fell away, leaving my leg (well, about a 2x2 portion of it) smooth as a baby's butt.

This beast is **** near indestructible. I highly recommend the Strider line of cutlery, they're most desirable.

Sorry to rant.

Sniper -- One Shot, One Kill Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Toolin

Post by Toolin »

Mick Strider makes the best knife in the buisness. They are tough, sharp, and come with an unconditional lifetime warrenty. There are a few people out there that will bash Strider knives for reasons unknown but compaired to the other guys nobody comes close.
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Toolin: Mick Strider makes the best knife in the buisness. They are tough, sharp, and come with an unconditional lifetime warrenty. There are a few people out there that will bash Strider knives for reasons unknown but compaired to the other guys nobody comes close. >>>

Yes, their warranty is the best (Rob Simonich also offers the same warranty); it's unconditional that if you manage to destroy a Strider,it will be replaced for free. Try finding another maker who will match that warranty. You won't.

I agree, they're incredibly durable.

CKE

Post by CKE »

Mmmmm...Strider MFS. I want one soooo Bad. Just read a small article about them quite a good little knife it seems and an unconditional warranty...I could definetly go for that! Take Care.

"everything else is just a jeep"
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

CKE: Mmmmm...Strider MFS. I want one soooo Bad. Just read a small article about them quite a good little knife it seems and an unconditional warranty...I could definetly go for that! Take Care. >>>

I have an MFS and it's definitely a great knife. The blade is 4", which is a good size to be quick handling and useful. It's an extremely strong knife, as are all Striders.

The cord-wrapped handles offer an extremely secure grip, even with wet hands. Once accustomed to the cord wrap, you won't want to go back to anything else.

Where did you read the article? I'd like to check it out.

CKE

Post by CKE »

jim the article is in the Dec. issue of Blade, it really does not talk about the MFS just about Strider Knives in general. Why they are soo bad @!# and the such. How much was the MFS? Not too many Striders up for trade at BFC and I have never seen a MFS up. Enjoy your Strider's maybe someday I will have one. They do seem VERY strong. Take Care!!!

Jimd

Post by Jimd »

CKE: jim the article is in the Dec. issue of Blade, it really does not talk about the MFS just about Strider Knives in general. Why they are soo bad @!# and the such. How much was the MFS? Not too many Striders up for trade at BFC and I have never seen a MFS up. >>>

I paid $180 for mine after my law enforcement discount. Worth every penny!

I did see the article in Blade magazine, very factual.

Every now and then you'll see Striders for sale in various classified forums.

I frequent the Usualsuspects.com forum, which has a Strider forum where we talk about them. It's hosted by Mick Strider, and he's one heck of a nice guy.

You should stop over, it's very educational and fun. If you get there, my screen name is "Long Rifle".

The HT is just got was through a trade; I had a diving watch sitting around, gathering dust, and the deal was hatched. Darn good trade! I love the HT, it's an awesome knife.

CKE

Post by CKE »

Think I might look into getting rid of a few non-essential blades and try to get a MFS. There is no listing on the price at Striderknives.com I guess I will have to email them. The mag said $200 US which is still worth for a knife that comes with an unconditional warranty. Can you post pics??? What steel is it...S30V I assume? Thanks again and Take Care!

The Cool

Post by The Cool »

Try Bladeart.com or tadgear.com for a MFS.
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

CKE: The mag said $200 US which is still worth for a knife that comes with an unconditional warranty. Can you post pics??? What steel is it...S30V I assume? >>>

I bought my MFS from Bladeart.com. Paid $180 after my discount, and the site had excellent service. Unfortunately, I don't have any pics of mine, but it has the tan cord-wrapped handle.

Mine is made from ATS-34, tiger-striped. The blade is flat-ground, which brings it to a nice, thin edge, making for a very, very sharp knife. It's one of the sharpest I own. The drop point blade is an excellent all-purpose blade that does many cutting chores efficiently. I have nothing bad to say about the knife, only praise.

The more you grip the handle, the more you realize how comfortable it is. I can't say enough praise about the para-cord wrapping. It's second to none.

CKE

Post by CKE »

2thehilt has 4 left. I am working on something right now. Hopefully it all works out and I am the proud owner of an MFS by Christmas1 Thanks for everything jim! Take Care!!!

Jimd

Post by Jimd »

CKE, just wanted to let you know that I saw your post over on the Strider Forum, and tried to reply, but that **** *&%*$# website is having problems, so my reply wouldn't go through.

Just hang tight over there, they're working on it...

CKE

Post by CKE »

Cool, thanks jim! Seems they have a good forum over there. Take Care!!!

Jimd

Post by Jimd »

CKE: Cool, thanks jim! Seems they have a good forum over there. Take Care!!! >>>

Yeah, the guys over there are pretty tight. It's a great forum, and you'll truly enjoy it.

The Strider bug is a lot like the Spyder bug; once bitten, you're hooked.