Para-Military2 *In Stock* at the following links... (:

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Pake

Post by Pake »

Invective wrote:Howes has Para2s for $107 right now by the way!
Thanks!
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

Invective wrote:Howes has Para2s for $107 right now by the way!
grabbed one, thanks!
petty

Post by petty »

Are they the new batch just released? Several days ago it can only pre-order on amazon and wait 3-4 weeks for delivery.
Thanks.
jalcon wrote:grabbed one, thanks!
petty

Post by petty »

Blerv wrote:Preordering is a system that is only as good as the vendor that uses it. Even then it's not great...just better than someone out in left field.

I would far rather deal with Knife Center or Cutlery Shoppe on a preorder basis. It's still a 2 or 3 out of 10 in the ideal way to buy a knife, it' just not a 0 like most others.
Thanks.
The preorder gives some sort of hope but the waiting is quite annoying, "in stock " is my favorite words for now.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

petty wrote:Are they the new batch just released? Several days ago it can only pre-order on amazon and wait 3-4 weeks for delivery.
Thanks.
New batch just released? I'm not sure what you mean. But yeah I saw the amazon thing too, that was for the DLC blade right?
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

Howe's still had some of the black handle/DLC blade PM2's today, I was surprised they didn't sell out of them yesterday. I didn't buy one because for the time being I have enough PM2's :) but I did order one of the Super Blue Delica's (collector) from him, to go with the Blue Lava I ordered yesterday :) .
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

I guess I got one of the "5" that come in tomorrow when I ordered yesterday

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/spyderco- ... ry-c81gp2/
petty

Post by petty »

jalcon wrote:New batch just released? I'm not sure what you mean. But yeah I saw the amazon thing too, that was for the DLC blade right?
I am not quite sure either. Since it been out of stock for a long time and suddenly it shows preorder is available so I thought it should mean the new batch in coming out soon. And yes the DLC digicam and DLC black G10 showed preorder then but now they appears not available again.
And one more thing just contacted the Spyderco custom service several days ago, they say the new batch DLC blade would have black hardware, so IMO if the ones you got have black hardware they likely to be the new released ones. Just wondering why on amazon it showed preorder and wait 3-4 weeks just days ago and now they are available in some place. Seem like they are not on the same pace.
jalcon

Post by jalcon »

petty wrote:I am not quite sure either. Since it been out of stock for a long time and suddenly it shows preorder is available so I thought it should mean the new batch in coming out soon. And yes the DLC digicam and DLC black G10 showed preorder then but now they appears not available again.
And one more thing just contacted the Spyderco custom service several days ago, they say the new batch DLC blade would have black hardware, so IMO if the ones you got have black hardware they likely to be the new released ones. Just wondering why on amazon it showed preorder and wait 3-4 weeks just days ago and now they are available in some place. Seem like they are not on the same pace.
Well if your interested in one with DLC, buy one here

http://www.howesknifeshop.com/spyderco- ... e-c81gbk2/

But do it fast!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Rakuten.com (via Altatak)-- Camo para2 w/satin blade, $159.99, free S&H, $10.00 off $50.00 purchase w/ promo code AUTUMN10 --> 149.99
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
sir_mike

Post by sir_mike »

There was a few listed on Ebay for $102-115 depending on the model. I seen them earlier. :)
coldcase

Post by coldcase »

sir_mike wrote:There was a few listed on Ebay for $102-115 depending on the model. I seen them earlier. :)
I just don't trust ebay anymore when it comes to para2. Too many fakes out there. I prefer to wait and buy from an authorized seller but still some my be less patient than me :)
petty

Post by petty »

The knock offs could have a different texture on G10 scales, not so grippe and more rough. And the blade could be a little narrower at the knife "belly". And not smooth when you open it. Learned from other forums.
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

Black / Camo -- get in line @ knifeworks
GutWrench

Post by GutWrench »

Anyone know the lead times from knifeworks.com when using the "pre-order" route? I got in line for a Black w/DLC on August 20th... Still no word.
Nate

Post by Nate »

GutWrench wrote:Anyone know the lead times from knifeworks.com when using the "pre-order" route? I got in line for a Black w/DLC on August 20th... Still no word.
Can't help you there. Great vendor, but never pre-ordered anything from Knifeworks. Bladematrix.com has had them in stock for at least 4 weeks now, ready to go. I thought demand must be all caught up, nobody wants them, lol.
J32A2

Post by J32A2 »

Blade HQ, in-stock!
Invective

Post by Invective »

I didn't know where to post this, but KSF has the brown Millie in stock for a good price. Only one left at this point, no thanks to me :p
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Invective wrote:I didn't know where to post this, but KSF has the brown Millie in stock for a good price. Only one left at this point, no thanks to me :p
Some people waiting on the Cruwear Millie might want to buy it on the rebound (pre-bound :confused: )

(changing the subject) I notice they also have a CF Stretch. Not being really either a CF nut or Stretch nut, I didn't even know such a critter existed, but it looks interesting. If the Stretch fit my hand as well as the Manix, I'd definitely be interested.
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
Popsickle

Post by Popsickle »

DougC-3 wrote:Some people waiting on the Cruwear Millie might want to buy it on the rebound (pre-bound :confused: )

(changing the subject) I notice they also have a CF Stretch. Not being really either a CF nut or Stretch nut, I didn't even know such a critter existed, but it looks interesting. If the Stretch fit my hand as well as the Manix, I'd definitely be interested.
they also seem to have a fluted millie