Cruwear Military ETA

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

TomAiello wrote:I would be very grateful if you could either post that list or message it to me. :)
Assuming you're serious :) I'll try to type it up tomorrow and PM you... or, if it's OK to post stuff like that, I could post it...
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
Note to self: Less is more.
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

TomAiello wrote:I've bought thousands of dollars worth of optics from OpticsPlanet.com.

I've seen them oversell before, and when that happens refunds have been quick and painless.

I wouldn't hesitate to give them my CC info if I wanted to order this knife from them.
I see now that they sell lab equipment, microscopes, telescopes, as well as hunting optics. Actually looks like a pretty reputable place.

By the way, they still haven't debited my bank account for the knife, even though PayPal says they've sent the payment to them... and I couldn't help noticing that one day wasn't subtracted from the expected 6-17 days before shipping :)
K-390 on hand: Mule Team 17, Police 4 G-10, Endela (burlap micarta), Endela backup, Endura (canvas micarta), Straight Stretch (now blade-swapped with G-10 Stretch), Delica Wharncliffe, Dragonfly Wharncliffe, & Dragonfly Wharncliffe shorty mod
jeru

Post by jeru »

DougC-3 wrote: or, if it's OK to post stuff like that, I could post it...
I think that is an excellent idea!!
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

jeru wrote:I think that is an excellent idea!!
Sorry about the delay. I plan to PM the list tomorrow and run it by Tazkristi before posting (it's not a complete list, etc.)

Doug
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

DougC-3 wrote:Sorry about the delay. I plan to PM the list tomorrow and run it by Tazkristi before posting (it's not a complete list, etc.)

Doug
I've never been censured for posting the full name of a Spyderco dealer here, and I've done it more than a few times when answering a question for a newcomer. PM Kristi, to be certain, but AFAIK and IMHO, store name acronyms are used for the same reasons all the other acronyms are used.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

The Deacon wrote:I've never been censured for posting the full name of a Spyderco dealer here, and I've done it more than a few times when answering a question for a newcomer. PM Kristi, to be certain, but AFAIK and IMHO, store name acronyms are used for the same reasons all the other acronyms are used.
Who would dare censure you Paul? :D
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

The Deacon wrote:I've never been censured for posting the full name of a Spyderco dealer here, and I've done it more than a few times when answering a question for a newcomer. PM Kristi, to be certain, but AFAIK and IMHO, store name acronyms are used for the same reasons all the other acronyms are used.
Thanks very much for the input Paul. I've used individual names too, but, as for my list, I haven't been around (in this hobby) very long and I'm sure I've overlooked some worthy dealers. I wouldn't want it to appear to anyone as a forum endorsed, complete, or exclusive list. Of course, I could just state that when/if I post it :)
chuck_roxas45 wrote:Who would dare censure you Paul? :D
Well, one time, in a story at least, three rabbis put God on trial, so it's possible :D :D
TomAiello wrote:I would be very grateful if you could either post that list or message it to me. :)
jeru wrote:I think that is an excellent idea!!
I'd like to apologize once more about the list delay. I wouldn't go so far as to say I have a "real life" :) but things have been very hectic for the last few days. My yard looks almost like Chuck's "before" picture of the area behind his fence, with a dozen yard-high mimosa saplings, and the neighbors will probably soon put "CUT THE GRASS" signs in my yard :eek:

I'm typing it up now, but somebody will probably post a much better one about the time I finish :rolleyes:
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

DougC-3 wrote:
I'd like to apologize once more about the list delay.

I'm typing it up now, but somebody will probably post a much better one about the time I finish :rolleyes:
I've PM'd the "quick" & dirty list and inquired about the advisability of cleaning it up and posting it on the forum ;)
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

There is this other knife forum on the net that prohibits repeating the name of any retailer that doesn't give them money, so some people get in the habit of using the abbreviations or pseudonyms.
BatCountry9

Post by BatCountry9 »

Is the opticsplanet price of $183 a fair one? This is the first sprint run I've followed closely and plan on buying, so I'm still a little green. I've heard other estimates as low as $140 or so. What do you guys think is a fair price?
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

BatCountry9 wrote:Is the opticsplanet price of $183 a fair one? This is the first sprint run I've followed closely and plan on buying, so I'm still a little green. I've heard other estimates as low as $140 or so. What do you guys think is a fair price?
My personal take is that, including shipping, they seem to be running around $157 at some of the reputable dealers that usually carry sprint runs. I think $183 is a bit high (they had a coupon code for $5 off --> $178). But IMO, the demand for these Cruwear Millies will exceed the supply, so I think a lot of people will be willing to pay $20 or $25 extra if they really want to ensure getting one. I think their price will be doubled or more in the secondary market.

Personally, I've asked 4 or 5 places to email me when they become available and have got my name on the backup preorder list (with option to cancel) at one place that doesn't email.

Good luck!! :)
Clip

Post by Clip »

I don't think $183 is too bad, considering what they'll probably go for on eBay once they're released.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

bdblue wrote:There is this other knife forum on the net that prohibits repeating the name of any retailer that doesn't give them money, so some people get in the habit of using the abbreviations or pseudonyms.
Thanks for the info; I had the feeling there was something going on influencing people to say "fleabay" and so on. There could be reasons to do the same on this forum that don't immediately meet the eye.
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

DougC-3 wrote:Thanks for the info; I had the feeling there was something going on influencing people to say "fleabay" and so on. There could be reasons to do the same on this forum that don't immediately meet the eye.
To confuse the noobs and lower the competition for coveted items.
"...is cabbage a better blue than cars that sing?" C.S.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Cheddarnut wrote:To confuse the noobs and lower the competition for coveted items.
LOL .... this is why i speak in code :D
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
DougC-3

Post by DougC-3 »

Cheddarnut wrote:To confuse the noobs and lower the competition for coveted items.
Haha, it did occur to me to wait until after I have a shot at the Cruware sprint to give out any information :D
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

ok to both put this thread back on track and bump it back to the front page, has anyone heard anything recently bout when THIS knife is going to drop?
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

Why did the chicken cross the road?

CAUSE THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE TO DO WHILE WAITING FOR THE CRUWEAR MILITARY TO SHIP.

*pant pant pant*

Need soon. Pwease ;/
senorsquare

Post by senorsquare »

Cheddarnut wrote:*pant pant pant*

Need soon. Pwease ;/
arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?
Cheddarnut

Post by Cheddarnut »

senorsquare wrote:arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?arewethereyet?
^ this