Prayers needed

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Ken,
Any updates on your wife's condition?
R
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Things are on track. We met with a surgeon and a radiologist today to start working out a treatment scenario.

Thanks for asking, Roman.

The journey continues.

Ken
玉鋼
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Still praying for you and your wife, Ken. Hang in there...
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

bh49 wrote:Ken,
Any updates on your wife's condition?
R
So we just found out. Her surgery is scheduled for the middle of October. Why so far out? Ugh....

Ken
玉鋼
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

That is a long wait, it will be challenging to stay positive and keep your mind on the right the path at least it would be for me. I don't pray as often as I should so I may not have a lot of clout but I will put in a good word for you.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Thanks for the update Ken. Best wishes, brother!
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

DRKBC wrote:That is a long wait, it will be challenging to stay positive and keep your mind on the right the path at least it would be for me. I don't pray as often as I should so I may not have a lot of clout but I will put in a good word for you.
I appreciate it, brother. I know what you're saying. I find my self praying way more frequently when life is challenging than I do when things are going smoothly. I think I fall in with a large segment of humanity finding myself both needy and insufficiently grateful. I'm working on that. Trying to be more thankful for the blessings in my life. But it's a struggle.

One thing I AM grateful for is the support found in this community of like minded souls.
Blerv wrote:Thanks for the update Ken. Best wishes, brother!
Thanks Blake.

Ken
玉鋼
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Ken, maybe it's a good sign that they think the surgery can wait until October. That is what I will hope for you and your family and will keep you all in my thoughts. Take care, buddy.

Dan
:spyder:
Dan
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

OldSarSwmr wrote:Ken, maybe it's a good sign that they think the surgery can wait until October. That is what I will hope for you and your family and will keep you all in my thoughts. Take care, buddy.

Dan
As I was reading I had this thought myself. I'm sure if the situation were immediate they would have scheduled a sooner date or even today. I'm hoping for the best as I'm sure you are.

Jack
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Thanks! I hope you guys are right. Still, it seems that sooner would be better.

Ken
玉鋼
DJFrostbyte

Post by DJFrostbyte »

Hey Ken, if its any consolation when my mother was scheduled for her lumpectomy they delayed the surgery for about 8 weeks as well. There was no real justification for this wait, but it can be taken as a reassuring sign. If it was an emergency, I assure you they would not be waiting. Be patient with yourself and especially her and just know that it is all in very capable hands! I will continue to pray for you and you wife during this time! Keep your head up brother!

Rob
Endura 4 FFG - Delica 4 FFG - Sage 3 - Dragonfly Salt - Forum Native - Manix 2 LW - Manix 2 G10 - Tenacious - Persistence - Ambitious - Byrd Meadowlark G10 - Cat - C13 Pro Grip - Delica C11PBK - Atlantic Salt - Navigator - Para 2 Camo - Delica C11PBLE - White Endura Sprint - Mule MT05P - Delica 4 FFG - Salsa - Native 5 Ti - UKPK - Sage 1 - Dragonfly G10
Water Bug

Post by Water Bug »

Sorry to hear about the issues your family is going through. Hope all works out well for them.
Spyderco WTC #1044

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” George Santayana, The Life of Reason: The Phases of Human Progress, 1905 to 1906

NEVER FORGET!!!
RanCoWeAla

Post by RanCoWeAla »

And I was all tore up about having a crown fall off. I hope they both get some good news from the Doctors and keep them in my prayers.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

RanCoWeAla wrote:And I was all tore up about having a crown fall off. I hope they both get some good news from the Doctors and keep them in my prayers.
Appreciate it!

Well, her brother had his follow up and things are looking good (well, as good, actually better than expected). Radiation and chemo start soon.

And... Her surgery got moved up. Now Sept 26. She asked and they did it. Makes you wonder.

So, good news all around!

Ken
玉鋼
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Great news Ken!! Thank you for the update, friend!
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

kbuzbee wrote:Appreciate it!

Well, her brother had his follow up and things are looking good (well, as good, actually better than expected). Radiation and chemo start soon.

And... Her surgery got moved up. Now Sept 26. She asked and they did it. Makes you wonder.

So, good news all around!

Ken
Jump on the the good positive vibe from this news mate , keep strong and I think you will look back and say it made you stronger .
Coming through these things is a life changing experience as you value the small things more as you would.
Give my regards to your wife and bro in law from a spyderco fan and well wisher from the uk ;) .
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Great news, Ken! I'm glad she asked and they obliged.
:spyder:
Dan
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

Ken,

Glad to hear your brother is doing well and that your wife will get her surgery done quicker than she initially thought. I wish you guys the best. Be sure to keep yourself in good health (diet, sleep, exercise, etc.) as your wife will need your positive energy during her recovery.

God bless.
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Great, great news, really glad to hear it.
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Glad to hear Ken! Even baby steps will get you through this nasty journey.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D