Spyderco Blackhawk Golden Colorado USA EARTH

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
opaul

Spyderco Blackhawk Golden Colorado USA EARTH

Post by opaul »

This is a picture of the Blackhawk I picked up this weekend.
The attachment spydie blackhawk.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
spydie blackhawk.jpg
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Very nice find, opaul. Those are getting to be harder to find. Did you find this one at the flea market by chance?
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
opaul

Post by opaul »

I did, in fact the same place I picked up the vintage walker last week.
SpyderNut

Post by SpyderNut »

Looks like you've got a gold mine there at the flea market. Let me know when you're going next time and I'll join you. ;) :D
:spyder: -Michael

"...as I said before, 'the edge is a wondrous thing', [but] in all of it's qualities, it is still a ghost." - sal
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Very nice knife. It's been on my radar for quite some time now. Has the pocket clip on yours been relocated? There seem to be screw holes above the pivot.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
GronK

Oldie but goodie

Post by GronK »

Blackhawk was one of my first Spydercos. I bought it after they were no longer being made, used it hard, found out it was semi collectible and stored it away. It stood up well to the abuse and I've spent many years trying to find its big brother, the Renegade.

Think Twice, Post Once!
GronK
GronK

Post by GronK »

And another shot posing with its progeny:

Think Twice, Post Once!
GronK
opaul

Post by opaul »

Jay_Ev wrote:Very nice knife. It's been on my radar for quite some time now. Has the pocket clip on yours been relocated? There seem to be screw holes above the pivot.
I hadn't noticed that. I don't think it's been relocated, but maybe someone thought about relocating it. The pocket clip seems to be a little loose and the far left screw is different than the others.
What do you guys think about sending it back in to Spyderco for a tune up and look over?
JD Spydo

Made in USA & Japan both

Post by JD Spydo »

The Blackhawk and it's big Brother the Renegade model were 2 of the very few Spyders that had the distinction of at one time being made in Golden Colorado, USA EArth and Japan both. The Meerkat is one of the only other models I can think of off the top of my head that also had that distinction.

I've have in the past had both the Blackhawk and the Renegade models and loved them dearly and sort of regret trading them. I actually EDCed my Renegade model for a little over a year until I replaced it with one of my C-44 big Dyad models.

I would just absolutely love to see a new revamped version of the Blackhawk with S90V, XHP or any number of the newer supersteels. The Renegade and Blackhawk models as far as I know were the first to have G-10 handles.

I heard that they were originally target-marketed for the biker community. But I knew a lot of non-bikers who loved both models. The Renegade & Blackhawk were truly classics in every sense of the word.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!