Prayers needed

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

So, we got the results back. Definitely cancer. Looks to be early stages so we have options (hopefully)

We wanted better news of course, but good bad news is better than bad bad news, I suppose.

I really appreciate the prayers and words of encouragement and support. They mean more than you can know.

I feel very blessed to be part of this great community.

Ken
玉鋼
JD Spydo

Post by JD Spydo »

Ken I'm extremely sorry to hear all of this. My prayers are definitely with you all the way. I'm currently taking care of a good friend who is rapidly dying from lung cancer and HIV which is why my participation here at Spyderville has been somewhat limited here recently. So I know what you are up against and thankfully there are some new options out there to consider.

I'm finding out the hard way that when you have health you indeed have a form of wealth. Watching a good friend dying right in front me is truly sobering and heart-wrenching to say the least. But it's really made me take a hard look at my priorities in life.

Again my prayers will be with you and your's.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

JD Spydo wrote: it's really made me take a hard look at my priorities in life.
True words, brother!

The things people stress over......

Ken
玉鋼
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

I'm sorry buddy. I'm glad they caught it early. If we can help with anything let us know.
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
araneae

Post by araneae »

Sorry to hear Ken. If you need, you have friends here. Put your energies in to staying positive, getting better and living strong.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
Silentman

Post by Silentman »

My prayers also for you, may your Gods bless you.
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

Ken, I really like what you said, "good bad news is better than bad bad news", that is a great way to look at it. There is always hope and sometimes these tests in life bring out strengths we never knew we had. Take care of your family, take care of yourself and we will be here if you need us.

Dan
:spyder:
Dan
jput

Post by jput »

My prayers are with you and your family.
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

Keep strong , now you have the results and a good diet of super foods is not to be underestimated.
Obviously your at the beginning of a tough fight and food especially the right good is very important .
I doubt a list of what I'm thinking is what you want to hear but its worth looking into .
And I really am wishing you and yours all the best , at this time keep strong fella ATB .
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

So very sorry Ken. :(

Have faith and keep fighting. I'll keep praying.
Knight92

Post by Knight92 »

My prayers and thoughts are with you, your wife and your family, it is never easy. It is a long fight and it will be hard to stay positive, but you must for all those involved. I am new here to the forum but not new to cancer unfortunately, if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. A friend of mine that fought cancer for 5+ years told me to read the book "The King of Maladies" I have not had the courage to read this book yet even though I have a copy. Don't forget to take care of yourself as others on here have said that is just as important. The people here seem like a great group of people that will help you out anyway they can, as I am sure you know
araneae

Post by araneae »

Knight92 wrote:My prayers and thoughts are with you, your wife and your family, it is never easy. It is a long fight and it will be hard to stay positive, but you must for all those involved. I am new here to the forum but not new to cancer unfortunately, if there is anything I can do to help please let me know. A friend of mine that fought cancer for 5+ years told me to read the book "The King of Maladies" I have not had the courage to read this book yet even though I have a copy. Don't forget to take care of yourself as others on here have said that is just as important. The people here seem like a great group of people that will help you out anyway they can, as I am sure you know
A first class first post. Welcome aboard.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

I'm very sad to hear that Ken, I will pray for you guys.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

araneae wrote:A first class first post. Welcome aboard.
Possibly the best first post ever!

Thanks guys. We're taking it one day at a time.

The thing that's driving us most nuts right now is the time. They're telling us 4-6 weeks after the surgical consult, which is a week from Tuesday.

Keep 'em coming!

Ken
玉鋼
christopher

Post by christopher »

All the best to all of you. I know from experience how hard this can be for all of you. Best of luck and my prayers are with you.
Chris
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

Sorry to hear that. I've known people that didn't make it, but also, others that beat the crab. I will wish for your loved ones to be part of the later.

Enjoy present moments...

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
nirvanero

Post by nirvanero »

I wish you all the best of luck.
Per-Sev

Post by Per-Sev »

I want to say stay strong, my mother is a breast cancer survivor of more than 10 years now and my sister is also but she was diagnosed with 4 tumors in her brain this year and by the grace of god and some great doctors they were able to use a laser type of surgery and radiation and last check they were almost all gone. Its sometime hardest on the family but stay strong it will all work out.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Bladekeeper wrote:Keep strong , now you have the results and a good diet of super foods is not to be underestimated.
Obviously your at the beginning of a tough fight and food especially the right good is very important .
I doubt a list of what I'm thinking is what you want to hear but its worth looking into .
And I really am wishing you and yours all the best , at this time keep strong fella ATB .
Actually, yes, I welcome input.

We (generally) eat healthfully. Since this, I've added a few supplements. At Roman's recommendation, AHCC and her daughter read good things on wheat grass.

I've been reading anything and everything I can find. There is a lot of contridictory information out there. I'm not one to avoid something simply because they don't yet know everything about it, but some of the stuff is just crazy.

Thanks again everyone for all the prayers and encouragement.

Ken
玉鋼
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

I've lost and seen loved ones survive the father in law recently recovered from sinus cancer , although I'm no nutritionist I've read a great deal .
And all of the most effective remedies/medicines are plants fungi or animal/mineral sourced , the type of things that need to be increased are the super-foods.
No real out there things but beta carotene from juiced carrots purple tomatoes or normal contain Lycopene a great antioxidant .
Its these that contain the fuel to begin and initiate the bodies fight back , lots of nuts , walnuts , hazelnuts etc .
Lots of oily fish , plus tuna , sword fish snapper , blueberries ,cranberries , Figs , raspberries , goji berries , blackberries .
All fresh fruit is good but the bright coloured berries are specifically packed with antioxidants that help red and white blood cells.
Sun flower seeds , hemp seeds all in portions that are manageable but more than what would normally be consumed.
Is especially important before leading up to a treatment like chemo for example if its needed as the first thing to suffer is the appetite.
Keeping a good appetite without any inducement is key Manuka honey can aid this too for digestion and keeping healthy bacteria inside the stomach .
I hope that the treatment is as quick and as minimal as possible , and you can soon look back with relief keep your spirits up bud and as others have said , take time to un wind yourself .
ATB mate really rooting for you :) .