Bushcraft Vs. Axis Deer

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
jasonp1

Bushcraft Vs. Axis Deer

Post by jasonp1 »

I've been using my Bushcraft for all sorts of things as of late. Recently, I sliced and diced some Axis Deer very thin and made "Axis Cheese Steak"...I was the hero at home for the night. :)
...Turned out good!
At first my daughter was like, "Aww heck no, I'm not eating that pretty deer." When it was done, she went full on T-Rex on it ...and two request since then :)
noseoil

Post by noseoil »

Nice!
Evil D

Post by Evil D »

You had me at cheese steak. I'd probably eat you if you were made into a cheese steak sub lol.
All SE all the time since 2017
~David
jasonp1

Post by jasonp1 »

Thanks guys...the other part of the story is that it was Onion Harvest season down here in S. Tx right before this. The onion trucks are always over loaded and dump red and white onions all over the highways in the bar ditches. Being the "Onion Rights Activist" I had to stop and rescue the poor onions to the tune of about 50 pounds of onions. I was busy all that week looking for things to make with onions. I made LOTS of Pico De Gallo with my home grown Jalapenos and Serranos. This particular night I had some Axis deer so I grilled up some onions and Axis Cheese Steak just seemed like a no brainer.
Reject

Post by Reject »

jasonp1 wrote:Thanks guys...the other part of the story is that it was Onion Harvest season down here in S. Tx right before this. The onion trucks are always over loaded and dump red and white onions all over the highways in the bar ditches. Being the "Onion Rights Activist" I had to stop and rescue the poor onions to the tune of about 50 pounds of onions. I was busy all that week looking for things to make with onions. I made LOTS of Pico De Gallo with my home grown Jalapenos and Serranos. This particular night I had some Axis deer so I grilled up some onions and Axis Cheese Steak just seemed like a no brainer.
Let me first say; on behalf of Onion Rights Activists all over the world.
:) Thank you for your efforts.

I would have thought that the Bushcraft with such a thick blade, a poor choice for such a job.
But it appears to have done well.

:D The meal looks tasty too.
How much can a Koala bear?
ginsuwarrior

Post by ginsuwarrior »

haha I know what not to dress up as next halloween!
Evil D wrote:You had me at cheese steak. I'd probably eat you if you were made into a cheese steak sub lol.
Onion Harvest season down here in S. Tx
I like to see real life action shots, and you got business done with one of the less slicy spydies - you are a cheese steak hero.

I'm in southwest VA, it was time to get the onions out of the field this week also (I have a small farm). I actually bought onions sets this year from Dixondale Farms, Carrizo Springs, Texas.

Thanks for the post.
Holland

Post by Holland »

very cool thread! thanks for sharing
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
jasonp1

Post by jasonp1 »

ginsuwarrior wrote:I'm in southwest VA, it was time to get the onions out of the field this week also (I have a small farm). I actually bought onions sets this year from Dixondale Farms, Carrizo Springs, Texas.

Thanks for the post.
Thanks....The onions were actually from just north of Carrizo Springs..
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Nice. I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes out of his way to use his own knives on the family dinner.
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5