knifecenter

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Buck Knives I Like

knifecenter

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

Does knifecenter charge for preorders right away or when the item ships?

Do they refund you if they don't get to fulfill your preorder?

Also does anyone know if they charge tax, I don't see it in the checkout so far.

Also your experience with knifecenter.

Thanks
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I had a pre-order with them that was cancelled because they accepted way too many deposits. They do not charge any more than a deposit ($5 I think) up front and they do refund if they can't fill the order. I don't recall them charging me sales tax. Although I love that they will take pre-orders for what seems like every sprint, I am not happy about how the last one went down for me. I am sure they are reputable, they just put a sour taste in my mouth. I would probably recommend them over other dealers like BBS, but YMMV.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
Jimbro

Post by Jimbro »

I've only been charged when the order is filled. In one case (Meerkat sprint) they declined to fill my order for 3 knives for Christmas gifts I had planned on giving away but since I hadn't been charged it wasn't an issue. With some of the pre-orders you will wait an eternity but with the exception of the aforementioned Meerkats, they've filled all mine. No sales tax on my orders. From my own personal experience and what I've read on this forum they are a reputable company.
DRH

Post by DRH »

KC does not ask for a deposit on pre-orders. As of my last order with them, they did not charge sales tax on out-of-state sales. That, however, could change as more and more states want their piece of the Internet sales pie. Overall, have had zero problems ordering from them. However, on pre-orders, be aware that they do seem to keep taking them, regardless of whether they will ever get in enough stock to actually fill them.
-------------------------
My Knife Collection
(Updated 6/16/2016)

Dennis in PA
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Agreed. It's good to have a plan B on fast selling, high demand items. It's a popular website and they won't tell you if they already have a hundred pre orders and only expect to get 20 knives. They don't charge you ahead of time so there isn't any real issues for them if they can't cover all pre orders. They have enough customers that they won't fear losing one or two who get angry.

They sometimes buy others unsold knives to fill orders so you might get a sale notice long after you thought an item was sold out and gone. If you have bought a knife elsewhere in the mean time and don't want a surprise coming from your bank account than make sure you cancel any pre orders you have left in their system. It could surprise you two months later, but that isn't the norm. They are pretty decent people mostly and will work with you if they can.

Some of their salespeople can be a bit strange. I had a case of KaBars delivered to me accidentally by them once. I made arrangements to get it picked up and returned and the salesperson made me feel as if I had caused a problem. :) It was strange. They never even thanked me for returning a CASE of knives they accidentally shipped to my house. :rolleyes:

Still, even if they were rude to me and even tried to occasionally murder me with phone spyders :eek: I'd still be back there begging them to take my money for the latest Spyderco supersteel sprint.

Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Buck Knives I Like

Post by Buck Knives I Like »

Lol I'd of kept the KaBars If I was you and they gave me trouble.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

I typically don't preorder. The stress of "what if" seems to cost me more than just waiting and gambling with cash.
Buckaloo

Post by Buckaloo »

I'm preordering a para 2 from them. I purchased my left hand Millie there. They ship supper fast. I was pleased. My promo items did ship but they got on it fast and sent it out. Will be doing lots of business with them. Some spyderco's as we all know are very rare. It's not a dealers fault if they can't get enough. All they can do is take the order and try there best.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Lol I'd of kept the KaBars If I was you and they gave me trouble.
Nah. If they really were that bad I'd stop doing business with them. As far as keeping knives that didn't belong to me? That isn't something that even enters the picture. If I can't get something the right way than I don't need it or want it. :)

joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"