S90V Military!!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

FCM415 wrote:What is the MSRP of this knife?

I'm sure the Cruwear MSRP is up there in the $200's also... But MSRP is just that and their intended street price is $140.

Want a clearer example? How much was the forum knife's MSRP? OK...and how much was it sold for by the MANUFACTURER?
That's actually easy to answer. SFO almost charged me $249 for both of mine.
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

I noticed this change immediately. After lightly oiling, my blade wasn't as smooth as other Military's I have. I decided to back off the pivot screw a tad, and to my surprise it wasn't very tight when received (like it had already been backed off) I tightened it just a wee bit and the blade became way too tight. I backed it off to approximately where it was when received and the blade works ok. Maybe it just needs some use? Not going to take it apart but it doesn't feel like any Loctite was used on the pivot screw. The adjustment seems way too sensitive, especially when tightening. Hope there isn't a problem with these screws backing out? Guess I need to put a good light and magnifier on the pivot point. May need to get the Loctite out. Wish I'd gotten in on the cf S90V millie.
KNaB

Post by KNaB »

Tdog wrote:I noticed this change immediately. After lightly oiling, my blade wasn't as smooth as other Military's I have. I decided to back off the pivot screw a tad, and to my surprise it wasn't very tight when received (like it had already been backed off) I tightened it just a wee bit and the blade became way too tight. I backed it off to approximately where it was when received and the blade works ok. Maybe it just needs some use? Not going to take it apart but it doesn't feel like any Loctite was used on the pivot screw. The adjustment seems way too sensitive, especially when tightening. Hope there isn't a problem with these screws backing out? Guess I need to put a good light and magnifier on the pivot point. May need to get the Loctite out. Wish I'd gotten in on the cf S90V millie.
Interesting. I was about to take mine apart and found that my pivot is ridiculously tight. Can't break it with a screwdriver, so I was going to take loktite precautions.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Philo Beddoe wrote:Been a week and 465 now showing available..somebody is buying them.

Haven't made up my mind on the Blue Millie yet..one thing I don't like is that BBS will probably order another run as soon as these sell out, devaluing the first run.

Got to get a 110v forum knife first..
The last check was 12 July..did another check and they are showing 450 left in stock..15 sold in 17 days, not exactly flying off the shelf..

It seems the price is having a effect on sales..
Tdog

Post by Tdog »

KNaB wrote:Interesting. I was about to take mine apart and found that my pivot is ridiculously tight. Can't break it with a screwdriver, so I was going to take loktite precautions.
On mine, the screw on the side opposite the clip was not tight at all? In fact it feels like no Loctite and could possibly back out? T15 both sides. After closer inspection, the ball detent appears quite pronounced. I'm gonna take Mr. Janich's advice from a previous thread and put a dab of grease, in my case (militec) directly on the ball with a toothpick. Will see if this helps. A spot of grease definitely helped, also put a film across the back of the blade where the liner-lock makes contact. Smurfs up :spyder:
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Philo Beddoe wrote:The last check was 12 July..did another check and they are showing 450 left in stock..15 sold in 17 days, not exactly flying off the shelf..

It seems the price is having a effect on sales..

Cool! That's if their site is accurately updated

The knife looks great BTW. Congrats to those who ponied up I guess. Could I afford one? Easily. Hope Spyderco makes a K390 version someday as a direct sprint run so the rest of us can have another great Military.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Henry - get both

Post by Henry - get both »

I think they took inventory off their page so that people would think they're selling fast...
Donut

Post by Donut »

Henry - get both wrote:I think they took inventory off their page so that people would think they're selling fast...
They'll probably mark them as out of stock after a month and say a second run is coming, then sell more after a few months.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Something certainly going on with their inventory numbers... I did the "try to buy 1000" deal last night with them and they showed 150 or so left. Just doing it again now, their site says 103 left. Seems like they're flying off the BBS shelves now, what gives?
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Something certainly going on with their inventory numbers... I did the "try to buy 1000" deal last night with them and they showed 150 or so left. Just doing it again now, their site says 103 left. Seems like they're flying off the BBS shelves now, what gives?
Based on the pics that forum members have posted, it looks like a very nice knife, and I'm not even a real big fan of the Military. It's probably one of my least favorite Spydercos, but the pictures make me want one. I'm not so sure I agree with all of the conspiracy theories about their sales practices, however, and it doesn't surprise me that they are selling quickly. Very nice knife.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <--- My Spydies <click the dancing banana!>
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Seems like they're flying off the BBS shelves now, what gives?
A lot of people probably waited until the knives were in stock before handing over their money.

Now it's a done deal.
shunsui

Post by shunsui »

DunninLA wrote:where is the exchange?
FCM415 and I are members over at Bladeforums.com.

Many of the various large forums for knives, guns, flashlights, etc., have a marketplace of some sort.

You may have to have a paid membership on some to sell or even enter the marketplace. It varies.

Google is your friend.
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Something certainly going on with their inventory numbers... I did the "try to buy 1000" deal last night with them and they showed 150 or so left. Just doing it again now, their site says 103 left. Seems like they're flying off the BBS shelves now, what gives?
Where are you getting that at? I just went and tried it and its still showing "Only 450 items in stock" in red letters-->

[ATTACH]22428[/ATTACH]
Attachments
BBS.png
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Where are you getting that at? I just went and tried it and its still showing "Only 450 items in stock" in red letters-->

[ATTACH]22429[/ATTACH]
Attachments
BBS.png
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

[ATTACH]22430[/ATTACH]
Attachments
BBS.JPG
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

[ATTACH]22431[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Capture.GIF
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Attachments
Capture.PNG
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

[ATTACH]22435[/ATTACH]
Attachments
cbcf.png
BBS.png
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

Attachments
cbcf.png
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »