Newest mod to my Manbug G-10

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
jackknifeh

Newest mod to my Manbug G-10

Post by jackknifeh »

I made some black G-10 scales for my Manbug. Now it has new scales and a ZDP-189 blade which I ground to resemble the Jester blade.

vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Nice work Jack. I like it.
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
kennethsime

Post by kennethsime »

That is definitely a unique knife. Kudos. Still think I like the standard blade. This is almost like a mini-stretch though.
I'm happiest with Micarta and Tool Steel.

Top four in rotation: K390 + GCM PM2, ZCarta Shaman, Crucarta PM2, K390 + GCM Straight Spine Stretch.
Holland

Post by Holland »

one of a kind! very nice mods
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
DRKBC

Post by DRKBC »

Very nice love the scales.
Pockets

Post by Pockets »

Nice. Which do you prefer, this or the Jester?
Delica PE, Dragonfly Salt SE, Stretch SE, Manbug SE, Mule 16, Sage 1, black/satin PM2, Native 5
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Pockets wrote:Nice. Which do you prefer, this or the Jester?

I like the Manbug more than the Jester because the Manbug is a little bigger around the handle. The difference is really very slight though. I really like both knives for this size of a knife. I must say I love the spine shape of the Jester and the jimping. I didn't put jimping on the Manbug spine because I don't trust my skill to make it look good. Perfect spacing, depth, etc is essential for jimping. If I do some practicing on scrap material and get better I'll probably put some jimping on the Manbug blade.
jackknifeh

My new Manbug :)

Post by jackknifeh »

Result of most recent play time. :) White bone from scraps I had. Sorry for the blurry pictures. The knife wouldn't hold still. :rolleyes:

RadioactiveSpyder

Post by RadioactiveSpyder »

Wow, very nice work! I wish Sal and company would make more keychain knives and Dragonfly's with SS bolsters. They really exude quality workmanship....

Could you post a pic alongside a Jester for a size comparison?
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
Holland

Post by Holland »

awesome job! best handle yet :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

RadioactiveSpyder wrote:Wow, very nice work! I wish Sal and company would make more keychain knives and Dragonfly's with SS bolsters. They really exude quality workmanship....

Could you post a pic alongside a Jester for a size comparison?
Here is a picture of the Manbug and Jester both with my scales. The other thing is a flashlight. :) This Jester is the most recent sprint run with grey G-10 scales. After the orange G-10 I put kirinite lava-flow scales on it. Wife saw it and took it. :mad: :)
RadioactiveSpyder

jackknifeh wrote:Here is a picture of the Manbug and Jester both with my scales. The other thing is a flashlight. :) This Jester is the most recent sprint run with grey G-10 scales. After the orange G-10 I put kirinite lava-flow scales on it. Wife saw it and took it. :mad: :)
Very cool, thank you! Your Manbug is a great step up from the size of the Jester (fills in a nice niche before you get to Dfly size). I really like the rounded thickness you added to the Jester with those cool scales, seems like it would fit the hand a bit more naturally (or should I say fit your wife's hand more naturally ;) ).
It's better to be good than evil, but one achieves goodness at a terrific cost. ––– Stephen King
dialex

Post by dialex »

He he, a Jesterbug! Nice work, congratulations and thanks for sharing. Enjoy your unique spydie.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
RadioactiveSpyder

Dialex, we want your Battle Stations!!! :D
endgame

Post by endgame »

+1 on the battlestation.cant wait for that one
dialex

Post by dialex »

Thank you my friends. It's supposed to come next year. Thank you for your support.
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
Blerv

Post by Blerv »

Great looking mod, Jack :D .
jackknifeh

Post by jackknifeh »

Blerv wrote:Great looking mod, Jack :D .
Thanks Blerv. I like the white bone on this knife a lot. I also really like the black contrasted with the bolsters. So,,, I'm going to do a set for the Manbug and my Sage4 in black mother of pearl kirinite. Not real mother of pearl of course but not real expensive either. After using the kirinite I've used so far I have high hopes for the black MOP.

Thanks again.

Jack
RadioactiveSpyder

While both sets are super cool, I definitely think you've made a better choice with the black! It sets a better contrast against the bolsters. For some odd reason, your white version makes me think of a Viele Phoenix...