Forum knife tried and failed list.

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
DJ

Forum knife tried and failed list.

Post by DJ »

Just curious as to how many folks missed this ?
I tried to late and missed the boat ....... I tried 3 hours after it started , I had to work.
I was shocked that 700 knives were gone that fast.
I called to see if the sold out was incorrect and it wasnt.
I put my name on a list , but ........that probably wont go no where.
They said they had a list of names ..........are you on it ??
It would be kool if they made a few more.
So ..........who missed out ??
Steel Snob M-4
CarbonFiberNut

Post by CarbonFiberNut »

I had one in my basket, and successfully made it to the order page. I delayed too long entering my credit card information, and the knife was removed from my cart by the time I hit "checkout".

Oh well, the carbon fiber version is clearly superior anyway ;)
◊ Manix 2 XL ◊ Manix 2 lightweight blue ◊ Caly 3 carbon fiber ◊ Caly 3 damascus / CF ◊ Lum Chinese Nishijin ◊ Sage 1 ◊ Superleaf
◊ Dragonfly FRN serrated ◊ Endura Gen 1 ◊ Rescue Gen 1 ◊ Endura 4 FFG ◊ Delica 4 half serrated ◊ Mule Team ◊ Spin ◊ Bushcraft UK
◊ S110V Forum Native 5 ◊ Black Nishijin Cricket

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Top 5 most wanted: Domino, Dice, CF Para-2, CF Cricket. Seeing a theme here?
Bladekeeper

Post by Bladekeeper »

I had a feeling this would happen , hence the thread I'd like to have got some posts as to who here got one or two.
Just to see where they went as it'd be a big surprise if these don't turn up at a much higher price .
With all the extra joining of those members that clearly wanted to grab and run .
After making as much noise as possible I hope I'm wrong though .
As for the collectors club editions do you have to be a member and have a club number to buy those ?.
And is the CC open to new members or is it closed .
Not up on these things so if this has been asked a thousand times apologies.
bdblue

Post by bdblue »

Missed out here too.
I started trying right after 0900 MDT, tried for 2 hours with no luck, had to quit and go back to work. I get off work and find out that they sold out, not sure if the website ever recovered. I'm not sure why it is so difficult to look up state names in a list.
Stuart Ackerman

Post by Stuart Ackerman »

Next time I am gonna fly over and camp outside the Spyderco building...
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

I ordered it. Got an email confirmation but then I called them back to cancel. I just couldn't afford it. I didn't plan on ordering it due to cash flow but the frenzy made me change my mind.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
donutsrule

Post by donutsrule »

Stuart Ackerman wrote:Next time I am gonna fly over and camp outside the Spyderco building...
My wife and I went to a wedding in [beautiful] Estes Park, Colorado a couple years ago, and I'm still kicking myself for not stopping by Spyderco on our way back to the airport in Denver. I thought we didn't have enough time, but then we spent hours waiting for our flight anyway.
Kihlo7

Post by Kihlo7 »

It was just a random server error, some had a couldn't find state error, it was just overload.
Senate

Post by Senate »

Bladekeeper wrote: As for the collectors club editions do you have to be a member and have a club number to buy those ?.
And is the CC open to new members or is it closed .
when you're are in the collector club program you have to find a dealer who's willing to receive the knives and sell them to you.
the non allocated knives from the CC are numbered and sent to dealers anyway, don't know how they are chosen in this case. probably they were handling this CC number before the member quit and decided to keep receiving the knives. that's how, without being a CC member, you can buy a few CC knives from some dealers. we're talking very few knives here. when i was in the program there were less than 10 spots available IIRC.

to know if there's a sport available you got to call spyderco.
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
Clip

Post by Clip »

Bladekeeper wrote:With all the extra joining of those members that clearly wanted to grab and run .
After making as much noise as possible I hope I'm wrong though.
As long as the new members contribute that's fine by me. AFAIK, you didn't even have to be a forum member to locate and use the discount code or release info.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
bh49

Post by bh49 »

DJ wrote: I was shocked that 700 knives were gone that fast.
Are you sure about 700 knives? Where this info comes from?
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Sequimite

Post by Sequimite »

Bladekeeper wrote: With all the extra joining of those members that clearly wanted to grab and run .
I don't see why anyone had to join the forum to buy the forum knife. The Spyderco online store is separate; one can buy the knife online without signing up for the forum. I presume there was no forum member check when ordering by phone. So those that just joined didn't do so in order to buy a knife unless they were confused about the procedure. When the buying was in process there were around 200 forum members and 700 guests viewing the forum. It wouldn't be a surprise to find that more non-members than members bought these.
Our reason is quite satisfied, in 999 cases out of every 1000 of us, if we can find a few arguments that will do to recite in case our credulity is criticized by someone else. Our faith is faith in someone else's faith, and in the greatest matters this is most the case.
- William James, from The Will to Believe, a guest lecture at Yale University in 1897
Donut

Post by Donut »

Senate wrote:when you're are in the collector club program you have to find a dealer who's willing to receive the knives and sell them to you.
the non allocated knives from the CC are numbered and sent to dealers anyway, don't know how they are chosen in this case. probably they were handling this CC number before the member quit and decided to keep receiving the knives. that's how, without being a CC member, you can buy a few CC knives from some dealers. we're talking very few knives here. when i was in the program there were less than 10 spots available IIRC.

to know if there's a sport available you got to call spyderco.
Are you sure about that? I thought that some dealers just joined the Collectors Club so they could get the dealer exclusive that normally don't go to every dealer.
-Brian
A distinguished lurker.
Waiting on a Squeak and Pingo with a Split Spring!
Philo Beddoe

Post by Philo Beddoe »

DJ wrote:I was shocked that 700 knives were gone that fast.
Why would you be "shocked"? Did you think they would not sell?

Also where did you get the "700" number at? Or are you just making that up? IMO I think the number was 500 made but that's just a guess.
billy blade

Post by billy blade »

I did not get one! I knew they would go fast. I should have taken a day of vacation from work to get one I guess. Oh well I did get to buy the K390 Mule.
Scottie3000

Post by Scottie3000 »

CarbonFiberNut wrote:
Oh well, the carbon fiber version is clearly superior anyway ;)
It has the high tech appeal, but the diamond pattern G-10 looks the classiest of any G-10 I've seen.
On order: Maxamet Native 5
Current pocket hog: S90V Para2
Next up: Something Blurple
DJ

Post by DJ »

Philo Beddoe wrote:Why would you be "shocked"? Did you think they would not sell?

Also where did you get the "700" number at? Or are you just making that up? IMO I think the number was 500 made but that's just a guess.
Shocked to say the least ........if it were any other LE it would of lasted at least 3 or 4 days.
LE,s dont usually sell out in two hours , IMHO
The 700 number came from a call to Spyderco ........I ask how many and he said "I THINK AROUND 700" he was guessing too.
Maybe the exact number will surface later on.
In the meantime , I hope I get a call saying they have an extra.
Iam actually hopeing they make a few more for those who couldnt get through.
Steel Snob M-4
OldSarSwmr

Post by OldSarSwmr »

I missed out too. I was working and by the time I could get to my computer, they were all gone. Oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be. I can't be upset about it though, Spyderco has so many great knives coming out something else will help scratch that itch. :)

Congrats to all my fellow forumites that got one, can't wait to see all the pictures.
:spyder:
Dan
DJ

Post by DJ »

OldSarSwmr wrote:I missed out too. I was working and by the time I could get to my computer, they were all gone. Oh well, guess it wasn't meant to be. I can't be upset about it though, Spyderco has so many great knives coming out something else will help scratch that itch. :)

Congrats to all my fellow forumites that got one, can't wait to see all the pictures.
I like what you just said ...........makes good sense and its true.
I know I,ll be able to get the CF version .......... I kind of collect and would of liked to had both.
I did get my Mule though ................LOL
Steel Snob M-4
JNewell

Post by JNewell »

The green Forum N5 is a huge bargain and a nice looking knife but the S90V gene whispers "This blade NEEDS carbon fiber!" ;)