2013 Spyderco Forum Knife Native5 - C41GPGR5 - RELEASE INFO

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Two S110v N5's and Two K390 Mules on their way to Daly City, California USA Earth.

Proxy'd for my good friend Josh here on the boards, I got him in also for one N5 shipped straight to him.

I'm going back to bed now.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Brock O Lee

Post by Brock O Lee »

206 users browsing this thread. LOL
Hans

Favourite Spydies: Military, PM2, Shaman, UKPK
Others: Victorinox Pioneer, CRK L Sebenza 31, CRK L Inkosi
Senate

Post by Senate »

900 users online
200 checking this thread.. :)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
camvdcs

Post by camvdcs »

Gee, I finally was able to order 1 Native Forum knife. I had called SFO and they said their servers were having a problem. They took my name & number and said they would call me back. After hanging up, I keep trying and it went thru. I also had to back out because I was playing with the quantities but was able to shoot right thru the second time. Maybe they rebooted the servers. I've been trying since 8am but I'm happy now.
thurin

Post by thurin »

One of the many benefits of living in Colorado is being able to swing by the SFO. I hope everyone that's trying to get a knife is able to. Take it easy on the SFO folk. They're good people. The phones were ringing off the hook there and everyone was working hard to handle the requests.

I'm ready for the "I hate you" responses. ;)

Orangeneck

Post by Orangeneck »

Finally got my order in. Two N5! Now onto the S90V Millie.
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

Hey The order finally went through. there has got to be a better way to do this
salimoneus

Post by salimoneus »

flarp wrote:It looks like that error may be from Google. The online store may be issuing a query to Google Maps API to do the zip code and state lookup, and that is getting throttled. Per Google (link), they throttle to 10 requests per second.
If that is the case I would say it's a design flaw in the Sypderco website. You can't blame Google Maps API, it wasn't designed as a shopping cart system, it was designed for maps. For high volume shopping carts there are other more appropriate zip code services out there.
jabba359

Post by jabba359 »

Got the website to accept my order!
-Kyle

:bug-red
Latest arrivals: Lava Flow CF DLC Para2, Magnacut Mule, GITD Jester

http://www.spydiewiki.com
MCM

Post by MCM »

Made it! 2 + 2 mules
TOOK 54 Minutes. LOL LOL

105 left.
As of now.
:spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder: :eek: :spyder:
More S90v & CF please.......
Brummie

Post by Brummie »

I wonder how quickly these would have sold out if there had been no computer issues.
mandrake

Post by mandrake »

I got mine ordered. Took about 30 tries before the state/zip error went away.
How does one even check quantities. I have seen this mentioned before, especially with Mules, but I never have figured out how to do it.
Phil
Mutt

Post by Mutt »

mikerestivo wrote:It's frustrating but try and keep cool and stay civil all - it's hard to do but it's the right thing.
You're right of course, sometimes easier said than done
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

I finally got one. I was giving up in 5 minutes. I hit refresh, went to go to the bathroom and came back to find a new page on the screen, the one requesting CC info. Whew! Good Luck everyone!
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
rodloos

Post by rodloos »

thurin wrote:One of the many benefits of living in Colorado is being able to swing by the SFO. I hope everyone that's trying to get a knife is able to. Take it easy on the SFO folk. They're good people. The phones were ringing off the hook there and everyone was working hard to handle the requests.

I'm ready for the "I hate you" responses. ;)

Nice pics! That would be cool to live close enough to swing by the SFO, I would be *so* broke! :D

It took around 50 minutes, but my order finally went through. I figured I had the knives in my cart, so just kept trying every once in awhile to make sure my web session hadn't expired, and I finally got through.
Which Knife, A or B? get Both! (and C, D and E) :)
salimoneus

Post by salimoneus »

Evil D wrote:I'm shocked the one on eBay hasn't sold yet...at $125 with no reserve, that's cheaper than they're selling for out of SFO, at least if you can score it for that price.
I don't believe that one is a Buy-It-Now auction, so it must run the full 10 day course or whatever length it originally was.
redfeenix

Post by redfeenix »

Edit: Got through, one Forum Spydie comin' up XD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Life is short, so buy knives while you can!:D

:spyder: Chaparral CF, Sage 1,Delica 4, Black Caly Jr ZDP (2x), Black Caly Jr. Spyderedge, Burgundy Caly Jr, Gray Caly Jr, Air, Native 5 Ti, Native 5 Forum 2013, Smallfly :spyder:
dgebler

Post by dgebler »

website seems to be working, got one of the natives and a mule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ryukyu_Beat

Post by Ryukyu_Beat »

The site is working now it seems. I actually enjoyed the thrill (if you will) of getting jammed up at that state query page over and over for 50 min+.
Never once checked quantity, but I did refresh this thread over and over haha.

Congrats to all the forum members who got at least one so far, and thanks to our friends in Golden, Colorado for doing the best they could considering the onslaught.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

Brummie wrote:I wonder how quickly these would have sold out if there had been no computer issues.
I wonder how long the wait would have been if we had no computers. All of us phoning in our orders. (The flaw in that fictional scenario is that without internet, we would have no forum and no forum knife)
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*