What Knife / Knives would you like to see from Spyderco iether discontinued or new ?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
zeroed4x

What Knife / Knives would you like to see from Spyderco iether discontinued or new ?

Post by zeroed4x »

I'd like to see a Spyderco not Byrd but a Spyderco version of the Crossbill with either a 3.75" S30V or VG10 blade and FRN but preferably G10, no wire clip but a real clip.

A large size Native 4" VG10 or S30V blade, high polished with the same geometry as the original, G10 would be great.

A large version of the Endura, "The Super Endura XL" or Super Police... whatever they come up with. A 4.5 - 5" blade version made from s30v or vg10 and slabs of g10. I know it would be similar to the Police but a slightly longer blade. And one more important item, SABER GROUND BLADE with high polish and not the shoddy half finished look that you've been feeding us for the last few years.

O.K. guys getter done
Zeroed4x W4WTA
guitarwolf

Post by guitarwolf »

Make the endura and delica in foliage g10 again! And offer those, the manix, and the military/pm2 with multiple color g10 options without being sprint runs! Tactical colors more than skittles colors... And more black DLC coated blades!
TomAiello

Post by TomAiello »

I'd like to see a SuperLeaf in M4 or M390.
Enkidude

Post by Enkidude »

I would like the Puuko in O-1 or M4 steel.
Don't mess with the Spyder because you think you're fly.
Transcend the illusion.
Nemonomicon

Post by Nemonomicon »

I wouldn't mind seeing a new :spyder: / Viele collaboration.
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

Future Stretches in CF, G10, or even Ti please!

Try making one in Taiwan to open up new steel options. I LOVE Zdp, but variety is good.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
Holland

Post by Holland »

id love to see a FRN chaparral, also, bring back the salsa!!! :D
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

I can think of a few that I'd love to see.

The return of the midlock Jigged Bone Kiwi in its original form would be great. A full flat ground blade without the hump would make it even better.

The bolstered cocobolo Stretch put into production, either as a Sprint or Limited Edition.

A smooth bolstered version of the Chaparral. The good folks in Taichung do excellent work on screw construction knives, so I'd and I'd really like to find out whether they can match or top the Japanese on a pinned knife.

EDITED TO ADD:

One more, a revised C83 Schempp Persian. Bolstered, like the original, but with a full flat ground blade like the Persian 2 only with a 14mm Spyderhole and with no Boye dent in the lockbar.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
stalag2

Post by stalag2 »

5 inches police 3, vg 10,g10 and a lanyard hole, that sounds wicked... But im partial for FFG yet i expect a stiff blade so gotta ramp up the thickness a bit.

I would like to be able to get a waved + ffg + zdp + colorful delica/endura and also being able to chose the edge type, g10 colored slabs would be even better !

I would like to see the chinook 1 back with screwed construction, 3v steel, and a four ways clip, no wire clip ( duh ) and no skeletonized liners, make it available in full SE and i would get two...

What about resurrecting the worker with the exact same handle as the delica 4, vg10, full ss or g10 or even zytel, with screw construction ?
vaisforlovers

Post by vaisforlovers »

Every chance I get I put in a plug for an H1 full size Dyad.

I'm told it isn't going to happen, but you asked. :)
"The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stewart Mill
.357 mag

Post by .357 mag »

vaisforlovers wrote:Every chance I get I put in a plug for an H1 full size Dyad.

I'm told it isn't going to happen, but you asked. :)

I'm in for one!

PE Aqua Salt for me. I missed the Boat on them.
D1omedes

Post by D1omedes »

I am really hoping to see the FFG Kiwi prototype, that Wouter showed us, be released. I have yet to test out a wharncliffe but that design looks amazing, IMO.

As far as a future design, I think a modified Para 2 would be cool. I had one and found it too large. If Sal and Eric could design a thinner, slightly smaller model and release it with CTS XHP then I would be all over it. I think someone offered to name a smaller Para, "Scout". Sounds good to me. :D
bh49

Post by bh49 »

1. 3.5" FFG Native 204P or better steel
2. Clipless Giraffe bone Kopa VG10 will be fine
3. Damascus bolstered Caly3 with ancient ivory micarta scales.
4. Seki made kitchen knives: Santoku, 4" Paring, 9" Gyuto.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
r small

Post by r small »

FFG Delica CE.
wrdwrght

Post by wrdwrght »

PM2 in a tool steel? Given SB and M4 successes, not everything has to be stainless. The PM did have D2. O1 and A2 would intrigue me.
-Marc (pocketing an S110V Native5 today)

“When science changes its opinion, it didn’t lie to you. It learned more.”
Liquid Cobra

Post by Liquid Cobra »

Bob lum tanto folder.
Most recently acquired: Military 2, Paramilitary 2 Tanto x2, YoJUMBO, Swayback, Siren, DLC Yojimbo 2, Native Chief, Shaman S90V, Para 3 LW, Ikuchi, UKPK, Smock, SUBVERT, Amalgam, Para 3 CTS-XHP, Kapara, Paramilitary 2 M390
Grail Paramilitary 2 M390 X 2! ACHIEVED!!

For more of my pictures see my Instagram account.
@liquid_cobra
Clip

Post by Clip »

Option to get different steel for my LH Military. I'm tempted to take a Cruwear blade and add some metal, then regrind the tang where the liner locks up.
Click here to zoom: Under the Microscope

Manix2, Elmax MT13, M4 Manix2, ZDP Caly Jr, SB Caly3.5, Cruwear MT12, XHP MT16, South Fork, SB Caly3, 20CP Para2, Military Left Hand, Perrin PPT, Squeak, Manix 83mm, Swick3, Lil' Temperance, VG10 Jester, Dfly2 Salt, Tasman Salt

Chris
michaelm466

Post by michaelm466 »

zeroed4x wrote:I'd like to see a Spyderco not Byrd but a Spyderco version of the Crossbill with either a 3.75" S30V or VG10 blade and FRN but preferably G10, no wire clip but a real clip.

A large size Native 4" VG10 or S30V blade, high polished with the same geometry as the original, G10 would be great.

A large version of the Endura, "The Super Endura XL" or Super Police... whatever they come up with. A 4.5 - 5" blade version made from s30v or vg10 and slabs of g10. I know it would be similar to the Police but a slightly longer blade. And one more important item, SABER GROUND BLADE with high polish and not the shoddy half finished look that you've been feeding us for the last few years.

O.K. guys getter done
;)
JoePepper

Post by JoePepper »

I'd like to see the Stretch and Dragonfly available in all the colors that the Delica and Endura come in.
Rule#9:Never go anywhere without a Spyderco
Delica4 G-10, Delica4 BRG ZDP189, Delica4 Blue ZDP189,Delica4 SuperBlue,Delica4 Black VG-10,Stretch VG-10,Stretch Blue ZDP189,Manix2 CTS-XHP,Manix2 M4,Black Paramilitary2 S30V,Gray Paramilitary2 CTS20CP,Blue Paramilitary2 M390,Orange Paramilitary2CTS-XHP,Black Dragonfly2,Orange Dragonfly2 , Dragonfly2 G-10,Gayle Bradley M4, Superhawk VG-10,Native III VG-10,Sage I,Yellow Tasman Salt,Centofante 4
Nate

Post by Nate »

Clip wrote:Option to get different steel for my LH Military. I'm tempted to take a Cruwear blade and add some metal, then regrind the tang where the liner locks up.
Have wondered if something like this would work as well... but it may be better to just keep pushing for a LH Millie sprint :D

Also would love to see a micarta Chaparral.