Forum Knife... Some (Limited) Info

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

What if Spyderco has their end set up for 40 posts per page like I do? It will take lots more to get to the finish line.
sal wrote: .... even today, we design a knife from the edge out!
*Landon*
KardinalSyn

Post by KardinalSyn »

Take it easy. Spyderco will release the forum knife when they are good and ready.

Have a Coke whilst you wait :)
:spyder: Centofante3 (C66PBK3), ParaMilitary2 (C81GPCMO), Endura4 (C10P), GrassHopper (C138P), Military (C36GPCMO), Perrin PPT (C135GP), Squeak (C154PBK), Dragonfly 2 Salt (C28PYL2), Military M390 CF (C36CFM390P), R (C67GF), ParaMilitary2 CTS-XHP (C81GPOR2), Tuff (C151GTIP), Ladybug & Perrin Street Bowie (FB04PBB)being the newest.
Holland

Post by Holland »

ManixFan wrote:Thank you very much for the welcome. Is that a Blue Paramilitary that I see in your avatar? Lucky dog! :D

Edit: Consider that a rhetorical question. I just noticed the options under your avatar and clicked on the blue text linking to your "hoard" and see that it is. A very nice collection Holland!
i have a little obsession with the para2 sprints :D at one point i had 2 s90v, 2 cts20cps, 2 ctsxhp, 2 m390s, and one cpms35vn. Now i have 2 M390s and 1 of all the other sprints, including the new cts204p :D

-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
ZL1

Post by ZL1 »

Sign me up for the next Blue run :o
PMBohol

Post by PMBohol »

Holland wrote:i have a little obsession with the para2 sprints :D at one point i had 2 s90v, 2 cts20cps, 2 ctsxhp, 2 m390s, and one cpms35vn. Now i have 2 M390s and 1 of all the other sprints, including the new cts204p :D

You need one more so you can have one Para for each day of the week.

Wondering if you have tried out your cts204p model and what are your thoughts about that steel. I have the Southard and I have fine tuned the edge once since I got it. The steel is remarkable.
BAL

Post by BAL »

kbuzbee wrote:Why do WE "deserve" this? Because we buy their products? I disagree. Would I love to know every single detail about every inner working at Spyderco? I'm a huge fan of the company. Of course I would. But I've never done anything to "deserve" that. Think of any little tidbits you get about new models etc as a GIFT and I think you'll be a much happier person.

As a related aside, it seems like nobody has any patience anymore. We are so focused on immediate gratification (be that knowledge, purchasing something, whatever) that the joy of simply experiencing the reality of the moment is lost. I blame the Internet for a lot of this. You used to have to drive to the library to look things up. Drive to stores to see, not what was available anywhere on the planet, but what that store had in stock. Some stores (Sears made their reputation on this) also had a catalog department you could order things from, that might arrive a week or a month later. Please don't misunderstand, I love that we have access to so many things today. But it's also kinda sad what we've lost along the way.

Old person sad rant over ;)

Ken

(and GET OFF MY LAWN! ;) )
Ken
I guess that I I am in the "old person" category, but I agree with everything that you said.
I had even typed out a paragraph or two to post in this thread and then thought about it and
didn't post it. It looked too bitter and I didn't want this thread to turn negative. I think that
you handled your comment much classier than I originally had.

I sound like my Dad and Grandpa Now, but I am concerned about the way that things are
going in the world now. The internet and immediate connections with people all over the
world via Twiter, facebook or whatever the media source, all sounds great and we all love
the positives, but the negatives are all around us.

They aren't as obvious as the positives and many don't see them, but they are there.
Like a rattlesnake, you won't know it's there until it's too late. I am as guilty in some
regards, but haven't fell prey to most of the social media craze.

....Hey Grandpa, toss me over the Sears catalog I need to order me some new britches
and a couple shirts, I need them by the time school starts in a couple months.
BAL

Post by BAL »

Hey ManixFan, welcome and don't be a stranger. Great first post.
BAL

Post by BAL »

DRKBC wrote:I think its time to change the tone of this thread again
[video=youtube;IwPHy17Iu6E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwPHy17Iu6E[/video]
Maybe we could all pitch in and just get one Forum Knife for all of us, or maybe five people could go
in on one, and then we could all sit around and use it at the same time. But we would need Tonydahose
to be part of the group, you know..... to make the clinky noise.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

phillipsted wrote:Spyderco won't release the Forum Knife until we push this thread to 42 pages. (42 - the Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything!)

Come on, everyone! POST!

TedP
We are almost there, I mean 42 pages. :) Just wondering how many pages did we have on orange Dodo :)
As much I want new Forum knife and new Native, I certainly do not want to rush Spyderco with this one. And I am not a patient man at all.
We will enjoy the knife, when it will come out.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Ted is right. Orange Dodo thread was 42 pages. And we got it.
So the question to all Forum members:" Are you ready for the best Forum knife ever S110V Green G10 Forum Native5?"
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
FCM415

Post by FCM415 »

I'm ready.
A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.
-Leonard Nimoy
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

bh49 wrote:Ted is right. Orange Dodo thread was 42 pages. And we got it.
So the question to all Forum members:" Are you ready for the best Forum knife ever S110V Green G10 Forum Native5?"
Oh yah!
ABX2011

Post by ABX2011 »

I'm ready!
Holland

Post by Holland »

Bring it on!!
-Spencer

Rotation:
Gayle Bradley 2 | Mantra 1 | Watu | Chaparral 1 | Dragonfly 2 Salt SE
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

I'm READY
*Landon*
Barman

Post by Barman »

I'm in. :spyder:
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

[video=youtube;VrKHz94rGpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKHz94rGpk[/video]
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

Some blues while we wait... :D
chuck_roxas45 wrote:[video=youtube;VrKHz94rGpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrKHz94rGpk[/video]
xceptnl

Post by xceptnl »

chuck_roxas45 wrote:Some blues while we wait... :D
Something to soothe the soul! Nice choice Chuck
*Landon*
chuck_roxas45

Post by chuck_roxas45 »

xceptnl wrote:Something to soothe the soul! Nice choice Chuck
Thanks X, glad you like it. :)